[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Indicted

Beaumont

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he didn't get the Seinfeld gang off, so he may not be the best choice either... :tup:

But he did get to sleep with Sidra, Jerry's old girlfriend and tell him what he had missed out on....

They're real, and they were specatular!!
:D:D Edited by PSULions

:D was it bad info or wasn't it? i wasn't attempting to belittle you, i don't know you from adam, i was simply pointing out that what you posted was wrong. don't take it so hard.

No offense taken....I just read it wrong...my bad then.

Johnnie Cochrane is dead. - (October 2, 1937 – March 29, 2005)

Perhaps he could hire another famous attorney though....

Jackie Chiles :D:D

Of course he didn't get the Seinfeld gang off, so he may not be the best choice either... :doh:

:D Jackie Chiles was one of the best characters on Seinfeld.

RIP, Johnny Cochrane, we barely knew ye. :tup:

Wow...imagine that....now if you could just provide a link to that Perry Mason and maybe we could concur. You could have simply disagreed....but if you would like to be an ass...it is easy cause it seems you are all ass.

I disagree with Az on a regular basis - sometimes bitterly, but when it comes to legal matters, I have learned to do one of 2 things with him: 1) Ask questions, or 2) Shut up & listen.

He knows his profession. I would respectively suggest that you get your panties out of the wad they are currently in & pay attention.

Court date for bond set for July 26th

ATLANTA -- If the goal of Atlanta Falcons management was to keep Michael Vick's legal entanglements from interrupting matters on the field and limiting distractions as they relate to football matters, they have already failed.

According to a summons issued Wednesday, the Falcons' quarterback is scheduled to make his first court appearance on July 26. That is the same day the Falcons are scheduled for the initial on-field practice under first-year coach Bobby Petrino.

So instead of being in the huddle for the first training camp practice of what many NFL observers contend is the most crucial season of his career, Vick will be in a Richmond, Va., courtroom.

The quarterback is to appear for a 3:30 p.m. bond hearing in front of U.S. Magistrate Judge Dennis Dohnal. That will be followed by a 4 p.m. arraignment before U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson, who would likely be the presiding judge if Vick goes to trial.

The Falcons are scheduled to practice at 3 p.m.

While the timing of Vick's court appearance on a federal indictment filed Tuesday is certainly inconvenient from a football standpoint, it is still better than some of his advisors thought it might be. There was some feeling in the Vick camp that he might have to appear within a day or two of the indictment being filed.

The court proceedings are expected to be brief. Bond will likely be set, and Vick will pay it and then be released. The expectation is that he will rejoin his teammates for the Friday practice, which is scheduled for 8:30 a.m.

That is assuming, of course, that neither the league nor the Falcons impose any sanctions against Vick before training camp begins. Falcons owner Arthur Blank arrived back here early Wednesday morning after a trip to Africa and was to spend much of the day reviewing Vick's situation. Sources close to the situation said there has already been dialogue between Falcons' officials and the league office.

Edited by Selly

On what the indictment? They could've got that for Vick just owning the house. There's no way Goodell suspends him one game let alone 4 for just an indictment. Now I know you have held this opinion on the dog fighting mess for a long time but I do not see Harrington under center on the Atlanta first regular season snap this year.

Bronc, let me explain something to you. If this was an "indictment" from a local or state law source, then yes, some skeptisim. However, this is a "federal" indictment, and when the feds issue these, the case is 99.9% airtight before thay indict and individual. So, in essence, a "federal" indictment usually just means it's only a matter of "due process", but most likely it's airtight and a done deal.....also, the "feds" don't usually get into alot of "continues" when it come to a case.

Here's hoping justice is served and we don't end up with another OJ situation where other factors than the truth dominate the resolution -- though I wonder if OJ is anxious to take Vick on as a member of his foresome. Think of the trouble THOSE two could get in ... :D

Here's hoping justice is served and we don't end up with another OJ situation where other factors than the truth dominate the resolution -- though I wonder if OJ is anxious to take Vick on as a member of his foresome. Think of the trouble THOSE two could get in ... :D

:D Vick is fast enough to run down the real killers.

Here's hoping justice is served and we don't end up with another OJ situation where other factors than the truth dominate the resolution --... :D

I think Marcia Clark and Chris Darden are retired. And I am willing to bet there are no dimwits like that prosecuting a federal case.

This thing is all but a done deal.

I think Marcia Clark and Chris Darden are retired. And I am willing to bet there are no dimwits like that prosecuting a federal case.

Methinks that O.J. may have won with Jack McCoy prosecuting him. Convincing twelve jurors that a popular HOF NFL halfback whose smiling faced graced several movies and commercials is a murderer was not an easy task.

This thing is all but a done deal.

It would be funny if Vick gets Patrick Fitzgerald prosecuting this!!!!

"Wrong" doesn't even begin to do justice to it. You are quite clearly fishing. Or you're totally nuts.

Fishing? How am I fishing? You're the one that is saying a man who is guilty of a horrendous crime without even seeing the walls of court yet. As of right now Vick is an innocent man. I guess I'm nutz then. And I'm happy with being nutz. And it will probably be 4-6 months before this takes off. So you better send me some of your pills Ursa cuz I'm cray-z.

Why doesn't the younger generation ever learn the legacy of the game?

There was a time in football when the forward pass was illegal, and quarterbacks made their fame by running and never having to complete passes - just like Vick has..

Hate it or love it Vick brings a whole different dimension to the game. The guy is the face of the Falcons and was the face of the younger NFL for a while. Vick is an exceptional athlete and there has always been a hugh market for him. Just check jersey sales for the last 5 years....

My candidate for understatement of the year.

Yes, but at least I'm attempting to get a better knowledge of the stuff then parading around with your forks and knives.

Broncos if you want Vick lite grab this guy.

His other cousin. As I've said, I'm really pumped about what Petrino and the OC can do for our offense this year. CPep is much more intriguing however.

He'll never give up. Michael Vick could be shown on tape murdering dogs, and Broncos would tell us about how they can do amazing things with computer graphics, and we can't be sure it was Michael Vick. Then he'll tell us, that he's really not defending him, but, simply waiting for due process. :D

The guys is a thug that doesn't deserve the talent that God gave him. What a waste.

This is damn federal indictment. The evidence in the case really can't be questioned after it is finished. Anything like that will be shot down by Vick's lawyers. Waiting for a federal investigation to be concluded is pretty different for questioning of evidence. Then again, I don't know anything about the law.

And Broncos, you're a good kid, but you're way off base here, and way out of your league. Being a Vick fan has completely clouded your rational thought process, and trying to pawn it off as your interpretation of the law isn't working. Take a deep breath, have yourself a nice bowl of Fruit Loops, and find yourself a new hero. I hear Tarvaris Jackson is available.

Hugh I'm going to be here eating my Fruit Loops. What did you do hugh go to thesaurus.com and look up role model to find hero? Fine Vick is not my epitome, example, exemplar, good example, hero, heroine, idol, mentor, paragon, shining example, star, or superstar.

Fishing? How am I fishing? You're the one that is saying a man who is guilty of a horrendous crime without even seeing the walls of court yet. As of right now Vick is an innocent man. I guess I'm nutz then. And I'm happy with being nutz. And it will probably be 4-6 months before this takes off. So you better send me some of your pills Ursa cuz I'm cray-z.

Hate it or love it Vick brings a whole different dimension to the game. The guy is the face of the Falcons and was the face of the younger NFL for a while. Vick is an exceptional athlete and there has always been a hugh market for him. Just check jersey sales for the last 5 years....

Yes, but at least I'm attempting to get a better knowledge of the stuff then parading around with your forks and knives.

His other cousin. As I've said, I'm really pumped about what Petrino and the OC can do for our offense this year. CPep is much more intriguing however.

This is damn federal indictment. The evidence in the case really can't be questioned after it is finished. Anything like that will be shot down by Vick's lawyers. Waiting for a federal investigation to be concluded is pretty different for questioning of evidence. Then again, I don't know anything about the law.

Hugh I'm going to be here eating my Fruit Loops. What did you do hugh go to thesaurus.com and look up role model to find hero? Fine Vick is not my epitome, example, exemplar, good example, hero, heroine, idol, mentor, paragon, shining example, star, or superstar.

Holy crap, I can't believe that you're still propping up this POS.

Fishing? How am I fishing?

Schools out, then?

Anyway, your position here as a kind of devil's advocate reminds me of Spain and the tripe he posts sometimes just to see who gets caught. I'm not saying you're in his piscatorial league but it does look like you're taking these positions as part of a fishing expedition since any normal person would have bowed out of this by now and let it take it's course.

Schools out, then?

Nailed it!!!!!

This is going to be an off-season that the Falcons will never forget. But at least they did secure Joey Harrington so they are not completely without a fallback. Schaub may be considered to have great potential but he did not know the new offensive scheme being installed and he hasn't really done all that much in his ever so brief appearances in Atlanta so far. I had previously said that I thought Vick would manage to get through this situation without any long-term or even real short-term effects but it appears I was wrong on that. A federal indictment isn't made lightly and as has been mentioned before, the last thing you want to be is the highest profile guy involved with something like this because then you become the trophy kill for the litigators. But it's also impossible to feel badly for Vick in any way, even if his involvement is at the lowest possible level because he simply did all this to himself.

It makes me wonder what Petrino is thinking now since he left his position of great success in college in order to inherit what will continue to be the biggest headache in the league. And I do feel badly for the Falcon fans and players because this will be the focus of the media until it is completely resolved. It is a sad day for all Falcons and I hope it comes to some conclusion quickly. Godell is going to drop the hammer on this one, he has to after what he already did to other players who were not indicted by the feds.

Definetely a rough of season and not being a homer I get as much Sega! from my friends and family that I do with you guys. I really do like Harrington more than Schaub. Not because Harrington is decent, but because I think Schaub has not proved anything and I think he'll be proving that he is terrible.

And defending it at this point says a lot about the character of the defender.

This reply is one that I'm going to let my first reaction fly and live with whatever consequences.... SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!! you!

Yeah, I do feel bad for Atlanta fans. This has all the makings of a disastrous losing season for the Falcons.

The Falcons need to distance themselves from this immediately IMO. There has to be a way to suspend Vick with pay or some such so that he is not at camp or playing until the issue is resolved. This will be a hugh distraction for the players.

I don't know. I love the new coaching staff. I think we've still got a shot with the crapshoot that is the NFC, especially with Vick.

I think you are right and that is one of the most interesting tacts on this - the Falcons need to decide their course of action ASAP just to get back to business. They cannot allow this to be any more of a distraction than it will be. But it appears to be moving quickly, more so than anyone expected. This could not come at a worse time really, right before camp will open and the Falcons have to learn their new scheme. Blank is on his way back from Africa according to one article and I would suspect that a decision will be made very fast to at least set this issue to the side of the team just in the interest of the other 52 players that will be on the roster (or will it be 53?). I would expect that Vick at the least will be suspended somehow by the team and he will not be in camp which is huge given the new offense being installed.

Owens was a media circus last year but he was a nit compared to Vick getting a federal indictment. This will be cause celebre until the season starts.

The course of action needs to be that Vick stays put. Vick has said this whole time that he was not involved and until it is proved that he was he will and should be the starting QB of the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons won't make this into a circus. No questions will be answered about the situation beyond their first statement will be something like, "we going to let the federal investigation pan out."

I'm really disappointed in ESPN's coverage of the Vick fiasco. Talk about sniffing jock straps. That about covers it. The fact that they continue to say that he shouldn't be suspended is alarming.

Wierd I'm seeing the exact opposite, but have the same reaction. Vick should not be suspended.

I saw a quick clip of Len Pasquarelli talking about Vick... the tone was disturbing... it was as if he was saying that Vick will be a hero to be able to overcome this "adversity" in the upcoming season. :D

The world hates him. I have to agree. I like the bolded quote by the way. Made me laugh.

It'd be nice if Broncos didn't go down the same path as Water Turd.

And of course, this has nothing to do with race. It's about culture. But you'll never hear that argument because the race card holds too much power. And sadly, many of the morans who were dancing in the streets when O.J. was acquitted will be blindly sticking by Vick, regardless of the evidence against him.

Now I like Waterman, but I'd agree some of his posts are somewhat senseless. I feel as if I have done absolutely nothing wrong in my "defense" of Michael Vick.

on ESPN's First Take, they read a statement from the commish's office saying that the legal process will take it's course before there is a response from the league. Maybe just blowing smoke up everyone's a$$ but, I think, unfortunately, Goodell will take a wait & see approach instead of just dropping the hammer on this POS Vick

As he should. Vick has said to Goodell, Blank, and McKay that he has no idea. Thus far they haven't proved that he has. And until it is he won't be touched, IMO of course.

Dukes, on NFL Network was saying that his concensus is that there are not many fans in Atlanta that think this is a big deal. (Vick's dog fighting) Dukes feels they will stand behind their big star and Vick is the most provocative player in the NFL. If this is the case, they deserve everything they get with Vick. How can you not be ticked-off that your so-called "star" put himself in the position Vick has done?

Dukes has always been a fan of Vick. That's practically how he got his job on NFL Network. Some Falcon fans are definetely not on that boat. Somehow I really don't like Dukes though. Too much of a show. They should bring back Lincoln Kennedy, unless he's still playing.

I like Jamie but don't think he speaks for Atlanta fans as a whole. Also Arthur Blank wants to maintain his image as a upstanding team so I doubt this flies with the team.

Any Falcons wants want to clarify?

Too lazy to make the alias, but DHall is one guy that has definetely stood by Vick.

fixed... :D

I like OJ. And I'm not black.

Hey Shiz... there is a long standing Huddlism of posting a reply of "good info here" as a way of agreeing with a particular quoted post (and usually it's made in a humorous light). I took Az's reply to simply be a twist on that custom... I don't think he was being as hard on you as you think he was being.

This is a war trench. Az doesn't really care anyway.