[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Indicted

Beaumont

but if you are going to get all bent over dog fighting you need to get all bent over sport hunting and fishing because i dont see where the difference is , innocent animals are being killed for the pleasure of man.

When hunting, my kids are taught to respect the outdoors and wildlife. There's nothing respectful about forcing dogs to fight to the death. Your post is absurd.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean it changes in the sense that an AUSA isn't quite as likely to turn down any case s/he doesn't view as a slam dunk.

I think there's another angle here, AZ, and I don't see many people touching on it. Someone here is the organizer and the money man in this whole operation. Based upon where it took place, the size of the operation, and the regular maintanence involved, it would imagine that the Feds will be pulling at numerous strings to shake those people loose, and I'm also willing to bet they suspect that Vick isn't just a participant in this whole thing, but may in fact be either one of the organizers and/or one of if not THE money guy in the operation.

Interesting items out of a Rocky Mountain news story about Vick today:

(No link available yet)

In a letter to Goodell, Falcons owner Aurthur Blank and Vick's corporate sponsors, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and the Rev. Al Sharpton joined with People for Ethical Treatment of Animals and the Humane Society of the United States in calling for strong stands against animal cruelty.

"Today we sound a clarion call to all people: Stand up for what is right and speak out against what is wrong. Dogfighting is unacceptable. Hurting animals for human pleasure or gain is despicable. Cruelty is just plain wrong," the letter said.

Goodell and Blank met individually with Vick in May after the investigation started, telling him to straighten up or risk discipline. Blank said he "could not have been more stern" in telling Vick he represents himself, the franchise and the league and needs to do it right.

"They challenged me to be more accountable in all areas of my life. I know I need to make some changes around me to make sure that the people in my life have my best interest at heart," Vick said then. "My goal is to not let my fans, my team-mates or my coaches down."

Random thoughts:

Blank lining up publicly with PETA? That's not a good sign at all for Vick.

Sharpton also lining up publicly with PETA instead of supporting Vick while charging the Feds with racism? That's incredibly damning that almost everyone has turned on Vick (except waterman & broncos, of course).

Vick's statement that he needs to be sure that people around him have his best interest at heart? How about he has his own best interest at heart and start making some good decisons on his own? This guy is becoming incredibly laughable - or he would be if what he has been accused of weren't so heinous.

Goodell & Blank have put themselves into a corner where if they don't discipline Vick, despite what happens with the Feds, with the evidence released in the Feds to obtain Vick's indictment, both will lose all credibility if they don't take a hard line stance and provide significant punishment for Vick.

I read this same statement (letter) in The Record in NJ this morning. While Goodell and Sharpton do align themselves with PETA they don't actually come out against anything Vick has been accused of, nor will Goodell suspend Vick before the outcome of the indictment and trial. This is what the article stated anyway. Blank has also taken the same stance according to the article. I wonder if Pacman would have anything to say of this? He hasn't been convicted of anything either.

Edited by jgcoach

I assume we can expect an uproar over sport hunting and fishing then right ?

What is the difference between dog fighting ,or hunting bears or big cats or fishing for marlin or sharks ?

For starters, marlin and sharks are usually eaten after they're killed. And like salmon, cows, and chickens, they don't have the same level of intellectual development as, say, dolphins or sea lions.

I personally do not agree with hunting for sport or dog fighting but if you are going to get all bent over dog fighting you need to get all bent over sport hunting and fishing because i dont see where the difference is

Domesticated dogs and cats are highly-intelligent (one of my cats learned how to open doors) and form strong bonds with their owners. Bears and sharks typically don't wag their tails in excitement and plop down at the foot of their owners when they come home from work.

The fact that there is a gambling aspect involved with dog fighting ,to me , seems to be a more relevent issue then the actual dog fighting itself .

I don't know if it's MORE relevant, but it certainly is a major part of their case.

personally do not agree with hunting for sport or dog fighting but if you are going to get all bent over dog fighting you need to get all bent over sport hunting and fishing because i dont see where the difference is

So, you're saying hunting and fishing are the same as dog fighting and can't discern the differences. I believe you need to educate yourself before posting such an ignorant statement.

What is the difference between dog fighting ,or hunting bears or big cats or fishing for marlin or sharks ?

I personally do not agree with hunting for sport or dog fighting but if you are going to get all bent over dog fighting you need to get all bent over sport hunting and fishing because i dont see where the difference is , innocent animals are being killed for the pleasure of man.

I wonder how many pro athletes or for that matter members of professional football teams from the coaches to the executives in the front offices have ever been on sport fishing or hunting trips ?

The fact that there is a gambling aspect involved with dog fighting ,to me , seems to be a more relevent issue then the actual dog fighting itself .

DM, it is your opinion and you're entitled to it...but you CANNOT believe that dog fighting is the same as hunting or fishing. When the dog fight is over, are Vick and his thugs cooking and earing the meat? Do you need to take safety courses for dog fighting? Do you need to obtain a license for dog fighting?

No, No and NO.

They're not the same game, not in the same stadium, not even the same sport my friend. NO comparison, whatsoever.

Edited by The Wolf

DM, it is your opinion and you're entitled to it...but you CANNOT believe that dog fighting is the same as hunting or fishing. When the dog fight is over, are Vick and his thugs cooking and earing the meat? Do you need to take safety courses for dog fighting? Do you need to obtain a license for fog fighting?

No, No and NO.

They're not the same game, not in the same stadium, not even the same sport my friend. NO comparison, whatsoever.

He's obviously on a fishing trip. Which is wildly ironic.

So, if Atlanta do cut Vick outright, which teams, if any, will be brave or stupid enough to vie for his services? Oakland?

I think The Mean Machine is looking for a QB...

I heard that crappy shoes from spammers is actually standing by Vick on this thing & plans on coming out with his shoe line in a month. Anyone hear anything about this, is it credible, and if so, is crappy shoes from spammers that incredibly stupid not to place some distance between them & Vick until he's proven beyond any possible reasonable doubt that he isn't guilty of any of the alleged charges?

I think The Mean Machine is looking for a QB...

I heard that crappy shoes from spammers is actually standing by Vick on this thing & plans on coming out with his shoe line in a month. Anyone hear anything about this, is it credible, and if so, is crappy shoes from spammers that incredibly stupid not to place some distance between them & Vick until he's proven beyond any possible reasonable doubt that he isn't guilty of any of the alleged charges?

Maybe they already manufactured thousands of these shoes and don't want to get stuck with them...

I think that crappy shoes from spammers is slated to release their new line of Vick's shoes very soon, so perhaps that has something to do with it. If they yanked them off the shelves, they wouldn't make any money off of them.

If crappy shoes from spammers is still sponsoring Vick later this year, I'd be surprised and disappointed.

LOL @ thinking of getting stuck with a few tens of thousands of shoes - which could still be modified to eliminate any reference to Vick, I'm assuming - would be anything close to the damage inflicted on crappy shoes from spammers's goodwill if they stick with him, release the line, and then have him go down.

In a market as competitve as athletic shoes, a mistake like that could cost crappy shoes from spammers their business.

Then again, they could be very popular items with the gang-bangers...

Edited by Bronco Billy

If crappy shoes from spammers is still sponsoring Vick later this year, I'd be surprised and disappointed.

I would be disappointed but not surprised. crappy shoes from spammers has the morals of a 10 cent wh00r.

I personally do not agree with hunting for sport or dog fighting but if you are going to get all bent over dog fighting you need to get all bent over sport hunting and fishing because i dont see where the difference is , innocent animals are being killed for the pleasure of man.

I wonder how many pro athletes or for that matter members of professional football teams from the coaches to the executives in the front offices have ever been on sport fishing or hunting trips ?

The difference is fairly clear to me. Killing a deer and eating the meat or catching a fish and throwing it back is not a whole lot like throwing two dogs that have been conditioned to fight into a pit and then betting on a winner (survivor) and executing the loser. I fish regurlarly--if the fish is a keeper, I may clean the fish and eat it. I don't throw it into a pond with pirhanas, throw a $50 down on my brook trout to take one of them out and then retrieve my loser brook trout from said pond and beat him off of a rock because he didn't win.

Edited by Ruffian

I would be disappointed but not surprised. crappy shoes from spammers has the morals of a 10 cent wh00r.

Maybe they could change the name to Air Ricks, or Air D...wait. That one may be controversial as well (though you know it'd sell).

Any great skill guys with first or last names that rhyme with Vick? Come on America--bail out crappy shoes from spammers (and South Korea's economy)!

The implications of this thing are far reaching to be sure.

Looks like the commish has stated he will let it "run its course", so the onus is now squarely on the owner to do what needs to be done. I heard the league is hashing out Vicks contract to see if there is any wiggle room for hte Falcons from a financial standpoint.

The league has buried its head in the sand (due I'm sure to outside financial issues as noted) so it is up to Blank to be the executioner here.

Hopefully he realizes he has no choice.

The problem is crappy shoes from spammers spent millions in R&D coming up with a proprietary new sole that won't slip even in the thickest blood puddles, and makes it easy to scrape crap off the bottom of your shoe. Who else would you want as the poster boy for that kind of technology?

The problem is crappy shoes from spammers spent millions in R&D coming up with a proprietary new sole that won't slip even in the thickest blood puddles, and makes it easy to scrape crap off the bottom of your shoe. Who else would you want as the poster boy for that kind of technology?

O.J.?

I knew someone would go in this direction, and am quite frankly shocked that it has taken this long.

You know what else we should do, dm? We shoulds arrest all boxing fans & boxing promoters, too, since humans are also animals, boxing pits them against each other violently, and people enjoy watching boxing, as well as gambling on it. In fact, that same argument works for football, too, doesn't it.

Okay, everyone. March right down to your local law enforcement office & turn yourselves in. Take your wife & kids with you if they use animal products in any way, shape, or form or eat meat also. You are all under arrest.

And boxers/Ultimate fighting Champions have a choice that they make themselves to get in the ring, and are not electrocuted, slammed to the ground, nor drowned to death if they lose :D

Edited by Crazysight

Maybe they could change the name to Air Ricks, or Air D...wait. That one may be controversial as well (though you know it'd sell).

Any great skill guys with first or last names that rhyme with Vick? Come on America--bail out crappy shoes from spammers (and South Korea's economy)!

Air Welkers?