[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Indicted

Beaumont

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I'm not willing to agree that just because he grew up in the hood that he is capable of being so dumb. Sounds pretty "racist" to me.

But there's a very good chance that WYSIWYG, it would seem.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

He could've paid Bush to get them sent to Iraq, but instead said let's burry them in the backyard. I don't know it's hard to say that someone that is making more than a lot of people make in their lives in one year that he lacks common sense to that extreme.

You do know that this is the guy who apparently gave the ok on torturing and killing dogs, right?

He's obviously just a very disturbed person.

Dogs and several other animals have a special bond with humans in the civilized world.

right, but for one millenium after another, part of that bond has involved "sport fighting". it's only in the last 100, 150 years that people have found it "wrong" in any way -- and still today, significant cultures (and subcultures) embrace it. now, i'm no cultural relativist, and i am perfectly comfortable believing that we, as denizens of western culture in the 21st century, are "right" in thinking this "sport" is barbaric and immoral. but it IS worth thinking about in that context, and recognizing that no set of ethical mores, ours included, is absolute.

but again, it doesn't really matter here. vick appears to have broken the law in a big way, that's pretty much the beginning and end of it for all practical purposes.

Edited by Azazello1313

We'll see.

We'll see? You actually think he may not be guilty?

He's going to jail. He lied and said he wasn't at the property when witnesses and construction workers saw him there while the house was being built, which was well after the dog facilities were built so he knew the dogs were there. The indictment said 8 dogs were tortured/killed. What about the ones not described in the indictment? And all the dogs that were taken by animal control that will obviously be put to sleep!? Pacman's charges pale in comparison to what Vick has done.

They have him on charges usually reserved for members of organized crime. PETA and the Humane Society want his head. One of his 3 buddies is bound to flip on him and testify for a lesser sentence. Hell, congress is even coming after him! He is done.

Edited by budlitebrad

crappy shoes from spammers is suspending the release of the new Vick sneaks and other clothing items.

We'll see? You actually think he may not be guilty?

He's going to jail.

Maybe, maybe not. If he does time, it'll most likely be minimal Jamal Lewis/Tank Johnson time.

One of his 3 buddies is bound to flip on him and testify for a lesser sentence.

I think that it might be the other way around. Vick is their golden goose, so it would make sense that he would pay them under the table to take the rap. He might actually avoid doing time this way.

Either way, though, he's massively screwed.

Right now, I am picturing broncos asleep at his computer, head splayed out on the keyboard and drool pooling around his mouth. His twisted fingers, cramped from typing so furiously today, twitching imagined responses to the dream Huddlers in his head.

Like an old hound dog, dreaming of chasing squirrels.

Right now, I am picturing broncos asleep at his computer, head splayed out on the keyboard and drool pooling around his mouth. His twisted fingers, cramped from typing so furiously today, twitching imagined responses to the dream Huddlers in his head.

Like an old hound dog, dreaming of chasing squirrels.

:D

can hear Baha Men playing in opponent's stadiums already..who let the dogs out

right, but for one millenium after another, part of that bond has involved "sport fighting". it's only in the last 100, 150 years that people have found it "wrong" in any way -- and still today, significant cultures (and subcultures) embrace it. now, i'm no cultural relativist, and i am perfectly comfortable believing that we, as denizens of western culture in the 21st century, are "right" in thinking this "sport" is barbaric and immoral. but it IS worth thinking about in that context, and recognizing that no set of ethical mores, ours included, is absolute.

You're talking about when slavery was perfectly normal, acceptable and most cultures across the world embraced it, right?

I would like to see you extrapolate your disagreement in a more fortuitous manner than just say he is full of Sega! and belittle him.

When someone reaches to make a direct comparison between dog fighting and hunting, they encourage belittlement and I'm more than happy to accomodate them.

Extrapolate that.

With any luck, the ALF will get to him first.

:tup:

This has got to be the first time I have seem any use for a domestic terrorist organization! You think they would do some form of I-net release, fillming the whole thing, while wearing masks made of moss?

TOOOO F'N FUNNY!

:D:D

No one has any thoughts on the facts that: 1) Vick held the license for the kennel, 2) the connection between the word "badnewz" as the name of his kennel and his proclamation on his website that is the nickname of his hometown, 3) The operation was run at a Vick-owned residence, 4) what had to be significant monthly costs to buy so many dogs and then maintain them, that Vick may be the money man and possibly the head honcho in this whole operation, rather than just one of the dog owners/bettors?

Dogs and several other animals have a special bond with humans in the civilized world. It is a mutually beneficial bond but humans have most definitely received the best half of the bargain. However, that's irrelevant in this context - dogfighting, much like bear-baiting and other cruel pastimes is a horrific hangover from a time when people had not developed as they (should) have now. Any driveling idiot can see that.

So how does it feel to be the last living supporter of a pre-neanderthal?

Speaking of Neanderthal, I saw an amazing show on one of the science channels that documented the evolution of our relationship with the canine species.

Of greatest not was that part of their theory was that this relationship could very well have been the key that enabled us to florish past the neaderthal and ultimately survive as a species. As an animal, our advantage is the opposable thumb, big brain and the absolutly uniquely evolved features of our head that allow complex sound formations permitting language as we know it. These traits came at an evolutionary price. Nasal, mouth and ear developement have all been degraded compared to that of other animals and neanderthal, reducing our sence of hearing, smell and using our mouth as a weapon.

Our relationship with the dog, especially at night, was convenient because dogs could hear and smell those who imposed danger well before we could. The warning that dogs gave to early humans in these instances was a huge advantage. Dogs, in turn for using their sences for us, recieved the benefit of our left-overs and waste (a dog can live perfectly well on the excrement of human beings. We are not good digesters and leave many nutrients behind). This relationship eased the evolutionary preassure on the need for these sences, allowing further evolutionary development to occure in brain size, manual dexterity and intellectualization.

Now mind you, this was presented as a theory based on historical reference. It cannot be absolutly stated, just as we don't know if dinosaurs were all gray (like when I was a kid) or the multi-colored coolness my kids are growing up with! :D

No one has any thoughts on the facts that: 1) Vick held the license for the kennel, 2) the connection between the word "badnewz" as the name of his kennel and his proclamation on his website that is the nickname of his hometown, 3) The operation was run at a Vick-owned residence, 4) what had to be significant monthly costs to buy so many dogs and then maintain them, that Vick may be the money man and possibly the head honcho in this whole operation, rather than just one of the dog owners/bettors?

It may be worse than that. I heard one league reporter on the radio say that not only is Vick the mastermind of the enterprise, but that possibly in the hundreds of NFL players were also involved in the sport. He claimed that the feds went after Vick since he was the "kingpin" of this operation, much like they would go after the druglord of a cartel. This thing is like a powderkeg, and has the potential to be disasterous for the NFL if what he was saying was true. This thing could get a whole lot worse.

He hasn't been charged with that... yet.

With all this cash being passed around in paper bags, I'm sure my fellow accountants at the IRS are putting his books under a microscope.

I said in an earlier post that it will be the money trail that ends him. The financial investigation is in FULL SWING. They have already identified assets and cash, hence the clear addition of forfeiture at the end of the indictment. :D

I said in an earlier post that it will be the money trail that ends him. The financial investigation is in FULL SWING. They have already identified assets and cash, hence the clear addition of forfeiture at the end of the indictment. :D

And here Roger Goodell thought he was becoming the Commish of the most stable, admired league of the major sports...

Personally, I am shocked that the team and the league has decided to let this thing have its day in court before acting. It breaks precedent with the way he's handled Adam Jones (No longer worthy of a nickname) and calls itnto question whether Vick is receiving special treatment.

Called the Falcons ticket office the other day & told them we would not be renewing our season tickets if Vick remains a member of the organization.

Tough decision as there's lots of players on that team I really like. Warrick Dunn is definitely one of my favorite players & not just because he's the little guy that could when so many said he couldn't, but also because of how he put his family on his back even before he got to the NFL & pulled them up & out of poverty, his continuing & unwavering humanitarian work.

Keith brooking is another one of my favorite players. Salt of the earth lunch pail blue collar guy from Senoia Ga. Loved watching him play at Ga Tech & then was thrilled when the Falcons drafted him.

Now I know that dog fighting is a world wide sport that is wildly popular & even condoned in other parts of the world (South East Asia in particular), but this is here, it's our culture & we have laws against it as we recognize that dog fighting is wrong.

I'm also more than aware that sometimes dogs are put down for failing to perform. When I was first out of school, I traveled a lot & during my travels I happened to work a on a sheep farm & then a cattle station (in Australia). On both farms there were of course working dogs, pets somewhat, but first & foremost, they were working dogs. I did see where some dogs from a litter were given a couple of years to show if they had the talent / instinct / smarts to pick up the skills needed to be working dogs. If they didn't show the aptitude, one day I'd see them head off for a ride they never came back from. Quickly & humanely put down with a 22. Every man, woman, child & dog has to pull their weight on a working farm. No free rides there.

But I never saw any of the farmers take any satisfaction. In fact when they returned without the dog, they were always subdued & quiet for the rest of the day. They certainly never took any perverse pleasure in putting down the dog(s) & never got off on electrocuting, drowning or beating a dog to death.

But Vick's actions are different. I don't care that he was raised around it. It's illegal & in our culture we know it's wrong. The "But everyone else is doing it" is an excuse when you're a little kid, but a grown man knows better. The sick & perverse ways he had dogs dispatched is just cruel.

I do think Child Molesters, Murderers, Rapists etc are much worse criminals than Vick, but he's not far behind.