[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Indicted

Beaumont

That law was signed in May of 2007. This story has been out there longer than that, so would this law be applicable to this case?

Where is Big Score, isn't he the resident Vick smoker?

Saw that as well and asked myself the same question. Beaumont's link also says the law focuses on the importing of dogs. Looks like president Bush doesn't have a Vick jersey.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That law was signed in May of 2007. This story has been out there longer than that, so would this law be applicable to this case?

Where is Big Score, isn't he the resident Vick smoker, uh I mean apologist?

Dunno.

Good article here ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2905920

Where is Big Score, isn't he the resident Vick smoker, uh I mean apologist?

The offense occurred before May of this year, so I would think that prosecuting him under the law would constitute "ex post facto" prosecution, and wouldn't be possible. However, there might be older, less harsh statutes on the books that would apply.

The offense occurred before May of this year, so I would think that prosecuting him under the law would constitute "ex post facto" prosecution, and wouldn't be possible. However, there might be older, less harsh statutes on the books that would apply.

There are probably dog fighting and/or animal cruelty laws in Virginia and Surry County as well.

There are probably dog fighting and/or animal cruelty laws in Virginia and Surry County as well.

Yes, but this makes it a felony, from what I read. And, I don't have the specific link open, but wasn't this signed by Bush as a federal law and wouldn't that make it active in Virginia?

that ESPN link is the one that says the law passed in May 2007 now makes.....

Edited by broncosn05

You think this might get Poindexter off his charges of racism and also get him off his ass to do finally something other than putting up smokescreens for Vick?

Yes, but this makes it a felony, from what I read. And, I don't have the specific link open, but wasn't this signed by Bush as a federal law and wouldn't that make it active in Virginia?

Only if the charges occurred after the day that the Federal law went into effect.

Either way, Vick appears to be in serious trouble. Something tells me that he's not going to jail, but I think that he's in for a suspension and I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons cut him (assuming that they can absorb the cap hit).

Where's that Schoolhouse Rock episode when you need it...?

Yes, Federal Law applies to Virginia, barring a succession in the near future.

Only if the charges occurred after the day that the Federal law went into effect.

Either way, Vick appears to be in serious trouble. Something tells me that he's not going to jail, but I think that he's in for a suspension and I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons cut him (assuming that they can absorb the cap hit).

Agreed that ie really looks to be in trouble this time. Methinks the Commish is not going to let him off without a suspension, but I would be shocked if the Falcons cut him. I know that Blank gave Vick a "stern talking to," but he is not going to let his "franchise" player go for nothing.

Where's that Schoolhouse Rock episode when you need it...?

Yes, Federal Law applies to Virginia, barring a succession in the near future.

:D

I was always a fan of "Conjunction Junction" myself...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons cut him (assuming that they can absorb the cap hit).

ATL will most probably try to recoup its cap space based upon the morals clause or whatever it is in the CBA that prohibits conduct detrimental to the club.

ATL will most probably try to recoup its cap space based upon the morals clause or whatever it is in the CBA that prohibits conduct detrimental to the club.

I'm pretty sure teams ability to recoup bonus money was something they agreed to give up in the most recent bargaining session.

Agreed that ie really looks to be in trouble this time. Methinks the Commish is not going to let him off without a suspension, but I would be shocked if the Falcons cut him. I know that Blank gave Vick a "stern talking to," but he is not going to let his "franchise" player go for nothing.

Methinks that Blank was putting on a happy face when talking to the media, but is pissed as hell at his $100 million investment behind closed doors. I really think that he dumps him sooner rather than later. The only thing that might keep him from doing so is the cap hit. And with a diminished-skills Culpepper a free agent now, they have a reasonably-priced potential replacement.

I'm pretty sure teams ability to recoup bonus money was something they agreed to give up in the most recent bargaining session.

I think you may be on the right track, but I also know that DEN did recover some of its money from Ashley Lelie in that whole fiasco.