[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Indicted

Beaumont

I think you may be on the right track, but I also know that DEN did recover some of its money from Ashley Lelie in that whole fiasco.

but none of his signing bonus. teams can't go after that anymore.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The law provides a penalty of up to three years of jail time and up to a $250,000 fine for each offense
Key words: "up to"

yawn. I maintain Vick gets a slap on the wrist at most while the Vickheads look the other way and :D

Only if the charges occurred after the day that the Federal law went into effect.

Either way, Vick appears to be in serious trouble. Something tells me that he's not going to jail, but I think that he's in for a suspension and I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons cut him (assuming that they can absorb the cap hit).

They won't cut him. It's long before a judgement will be made and he's been all business in OTAs. The question is if this will be going through the whole season as it's probably not going to be done by the start of it.

Mortenson on ESPN

Blank and McKay out of town til tommorow. Ultimate test case for Goodell. Vick is not a repeat offender in the law. Vick gets to go through legal process.

Tom Jackson on ESPN

PacMan hasn't been convicted. Vick is not repeat offender. Let's not cheat Vick out of due process. Vick is there only real option in ATL.

This is the most exciting indictment in the NFL!

In a related event, Roger Goodell announced that next week he and Mike Vick were going to be having the "most exciting" meeting in the NFL!!

Good stuff, both of you. :D:D

They won't cut him. It's long before a judgement will be made and he's been all business in OTAs. The question is if this will be going through the whole season as it's probably not going to be done by the start of it.

It doesn't have to. They can cut Vick whenever they want to. This isn't the first time that he's embarrassed the organization and I imagine that Blank and McKay are sick of it by now. This may have been the last straw.

They could survive his Harrington this year and draft a QB next April. Or they could make a run at Culpepper.

It doesn't have to. They can cut Vick whenever they want to. This isn't the first time that he's embarrassed the organization and I imagine that Blank and McKay are sick of it by now. This may have been the last straw.

They could survive his Harrington this year and draft a QB next April. Or they could make a run at Culpepper.

Maybe, but I still don't see it happening.

Culpepper intrigues me also, but I do like Harrington.

It's far from a lock, but goddamn. How much more of this crap is Blank going to put up with?

I thought that Vick was going to get cut next season regardless.

You can't cut Vick. It's just not possible for the Falcons to stay afloat with the cap hit. And why would Vick have been cut? Say what you want he set a lot of career highs and defintely filled those seats.

You can't cut Vick. It's just not possible for the Falcons to stay afloat with the cap hit

• If a player is released or traded on or before June 1, the full unamortized portion of his bonus(es) count against that year's cap. In Vick's case, if he had been released or traded before June 1, roughly $22 million would have counted against the Falcons' 2007 cap — a hit that would have crippled the team's financial competitiveness for the coming season.

• If a player is released after June 1, the portion of the bonus(es) that were originally scheduled to count against that year's cap still do so, but the remaining cap impact is deferred until the following year. If the Falcons were to trade or cut Vick later this summer, $6 million-plus would count against the 2007 cap and the rest ($15 million-plus) against the 2008 cap. Spreading the impact over two years might make the impact somewhat more manageable, although still daunting.

:D

I agree that it would be difficult, but it would be doable. Especially if they could recoup cap room from the league via the morals clause. Also, they'd save ~$6 million a year in base salary by dumping him. That would effectively cancel out the '07 cap hit and impose an effective $9 million cap hit in '08. If they could dump the contracts of one or two aging vets (Dunn, Abraham), the cap hit could be very manageable.

And why would Vick have been cut? Say what you want he set a lot of career highs and defintely filled those seats.

Why would they cut him? Because he's been a huge disappointment and isn't worth $10 million/year. And do you think that an animal-torturing thug is going to continue to sell tickets the way that he has been?

Edited by Bill Swerski

• If a player is released or traded on or before June 1, the full unamortized portion of his bonus(es) count against that year's cap. In Vick's case, if he had been released or traded before June 1, roughly $22 million would have counted against the Falcons' 2007 cap — a hit that would have crippled the team's financial competitiveness for the coming season.

• If a player is released after June 1, the portion of the bonus(es) that were originally scheduled to count against that year's cap still do so, but the remaining cap impact is deferred until the following year. If the Falcons were to trade or cut Vick later this summer, $6 million-plus would count against the 2007 cap and the rest ($15 million-plus) against the 2008 cap. Spreading the impact over two years might make the impact somewhat more manageable, although still daunting.

:D

I agree that it would be difficult, but it would be doable. Especially if they could recoup cap room from the league via the morals clause. Also, they'd save ~$6 million a year in base salary by dumping him.

Why would they cut him? Because he's been a huge disappointment and isn't worth $10 million/year. And do you think that an animal-torturing thug is going to continue to sell tickets the way that he has been?

People love OJ and they think he killed his wife.

No seriously. He's still young enough to be an elite NFL player that changed the game forever. We still haven't heard any new evidence against Vick. The indictment is, continually being said by everyone that goes on ESPN, easy to get.