[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Indicted

Beaumont

You're a fan living in denial. I'm sorry that you look at situations for what you want them to be, rather than what they really are. Geez, even Big Score has kicked Ron Mexico to the curb.

+10000

You need to give it up young man...

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Jamal Lewis was in hot water for dealing drugs, I learned that something like 95% of people who are indicted by the federal government are convicted. The federal government does not hand down indictments unless they have a very strong case, and based on what we have already learned about this case, the evidence against Vick is very strong, and the odds he will escape conviction very slim. His best chance to avoid jail time is to plea bargain.

Regardless, I believe Vick's NFL career is over. Considering the revelations about dogs being raped and electrocuted and the like, for Atlanta (or any other NFL team) to consider Vick as their starting QB is nearly impossible to imagine. Unless Vick is totally exonerated of all charges (very unlikely), he is going to be harrassed, picketed and booed, even at his home stadium, for the rest of his career. Given all this, not to mention Vick's liabilities as a passer, what NFL owner in his right mind is going to make a multi-million dollar investment in Vick as the leader of his team? To do so at this point would be public relations suicide. Inciting millions of people to HATE your team is not a good way to make money! Having Vick around as the face of your organization would be a continual public relations nightmare, and I cannot imagine any sane businessman would want Michael Vick's name associated with his team, much less as the LEADER of the team.

That law was signed in May of 2007. This story has been out there longer than that, so would this law be applicable to this case?

Where is Big Score, isn't he the resident Vick smoker, uh I mean apologist?

If the law was signed in May 2007 and Vick actually stopped (his last fight in April 2007).....is he grandfathered out of the new law? Just wondering...ya know....a good defense attorney would move on that like stink on sh*t....no pun intended....

He's still young enough to be an elite NFL player that changed the game forever.

Why doesn't the younger generation ever learn the legacy of the game?

There was a time in football when the forward pass was illegal, and quarterbacks made their fame by running and never having to complete passes - just like Vick has..

Oh ok so supposedly giving a girl herpes, a water bottle question that turned up BS, and the flipping off of people yelling at you is a free ticket to dog fighting.

People love when other people fail and the media feeds it. Something as stupid as Paris Hilton is a great example. Schadenfreude. I agree that there are players all over the league who volunteer in the communities and aren't recognized when they should.

If I want to watch him I'll watch him in my NFL.

Lying to a Grand Jury or investigators when they have documents disputing statements is Obstruction of Justice(see Scooter Libby). He may be found culpble before any trial. While not being convicted remember the NFL has stated they can suspend players that damage their product or reputation because it costs them money.

From Yahoo

"While Goodell was not reached for comment, two sources said the commissioner has been monitoring the Vick case since April, when investigators initially found evidence of dog fighting at a home Vick owned in Smithfield.

"Where (Vick) is in the most trouble is that he lied to the commissioner," a league source said. "He told (Goodell) in April that he didn't know anything about this. The commissioner gave (Vick) every chance to come clean, be straight about what was going on. Instead, he just kept denying it."

Edited by Randall

Schaub was notorious for not being Michael Vick. I'd rather have Harrington than Schaub. Too early to say.

Defending Joey Harrington? :D

Now you've gone too far. :D

Broncos if you want Vick lite grab this guy.

Edited by Randall

Why doesn't the younger generation ever learn the legacy of the game?

There was a time in football when the forward pass was illegal, and quarterbacks made their fame by running and never having to complete passes - just like Vick has..

The game has changed a lot since then.

I don't think any of those quarterbacks ever ran 4.1 40s.

The game has changed a lot since then.

You don't say?

I don't think any of those quarterbacks ever ran 4.1 40s.

And you know this how, exactly? And even if humans were slower back then, then speed is relative, isn't it? If LBs were only turning 5.0 40s, then a 4.7 QB would look awfully quick...

Edited by Bronco Billy

+10000

You need to give it up young man...

He'll never give up. Michael Vick could be shown on tape murdering dogs, and Broncos would tell us about how they can do amazing things with computer graphics, and we can't be sure it was Michael Vick. Then he'll tell us, that he's really not defending him, but, simply waiting for due process. :D

The guys is a thug that doesn't deserve the talent that God gave him. What a waste.

And Broncos, you're a good kid, but you're way off base here, and way out of your league. Being a Vick fan has completely clouded your rational thought process, and trying to pawn it off as your interpretation of the law isn't working. Take a deep breath, have yourself a nice bowl of Fruit Loops, and find yourself a new hero. I hear Tarvaris Jackson is available.

"And you know this how, exactly? "

It's called common-sense.

And I'm not arguing that Vick was going to change the game. I'm pointing out that it's absolutely pointless to try to draw comparisons between the way the game is played now and the way it was nearly a century ago.. Speed is relative, but the game has changed so much that it's pointless to draw comparisons.

If quarterbacks like Vick truly could win with their style of play these days, they would be changing the game (albeit, changing it back in a sense). However this won't ever be the case. The speed of the game is much faster today and is made for highly intelligent passing quarterbacks like Brady or Manning.

Edited by Crazysight

And Broncos, you're a good kid, but you're way off base here, and way out of your league. Being a Vick fan has completely clouded your rational thought process, and trying to pawn it off as your interpretation of the law isn't working. Take a deep breath, have yourself a nice bowl of Fruit Loops, and find yourself a new hero. I hear Tarvaris Jackson is available.

+100000000000

I like you Broncos, but, you need to let him go. He isn't who you thought he was.

"And you know this how, exactly? "

It's called common-sense.

And I'm not arguing that Vick was going to change the game. I'm pointing out that it's absolutely pointless to try to draw comparisons between the way the game is played now and the way it was nearly a century ago..

If quarterbacks like Vick truly could win with their style of play these days, they would be changing the game (albeit, changing it back in a sense). However this won't ever be the case. The speed of the game is much faster today and is made for highly intelligent passing quarterbacks like Brady or Manning.

Note to Crazysight: Target is having a hugh sale on sarcasm-meters this weekend. Go get a couple...

If only this were predictable from the information known weeks ago. Had we only been able to extrapolate the future from the known facts we might have seen this coming. Too bad no one had the foresight to break down that information, analysis it as a criminal case, and predict this. Of course who could have done such a thing?

Had it been done I am certain no one would have continued to blindly sniff Vick jock or to have taken refuge, insultingly, in cliche`s about presumption of innocence or the like.