[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson

Outshined

From the Strib blog

Childress said the Vikings will have “one more pow-wow,” probably next week, to make a final determination about rookie RB Adrian Peterson’s availaibility for the start of training camp. Peterson, as has been well-documented, is recovering from a broken collarbone that he reinjured Jan. 1. The team decided in May to bypass surgery, believing Peterson would heal on his own in time for camp.

Childress said today that Peterson ”hasn’t had any backsteps,” but it will be necessary to perform one more evaluation before he is officially cleared for contact. (He’ll also need to agree to and sign a contract, an issue that will heat up next week.)

“We’ll just get one more baseline [test] of where he is,” Childress said.

For heaven's sake I hope they take EVERY possible precaution with this guy. He is going to be the new face of the franchise for a long time to come if they dont' break him by starting contact too early.

Broken collarbones in kids heal very quickly. Broken collarbones in adults can heal very slowly. I believe, however, that this was a partial, nondisplaced fracture which is not as bad as a full-thickness break. I'm confident the Vikings will make sure it is fully healed before they have him participate in contact drills.

Edited by Chargerz

For heaven's sake I hope they take EVERY possible precaution with this guy. He is going to be the new face of the franchise for a long time to come if they dont' break him by starting contact too early.

Two words: Charles Rogers :D

If this guy didnt have a couple injuries in college, he would have been the #1 pick in this draft. He is an incredible talent and if he stays healthy, he will be the next superstar in this league. The Vikes got at an absolute steal at 1.7. But they need to keep him healthy.