[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick

Hardrocker

The news hits today that Michael Vick has been indicted for dogfighting activities. The story is pretty disgusting. For someone who lives in Virginia, this is sad news but unfortunately not surprising. The next few weeks will be filled with points of view regarding what the Atlanta Falcons or the NFL, for that matter should do. I believe in innocent until proven guilty. The hard line that Roger Goodell has drawn almost begs for immediate action.

I wish I knew what the answer should be and I do not envy the NFL or the Falcons. If I had to make a decision today, I would have a hard time taking action. If I had to predict what will happen, Vick is through. It will either be swift or painfully slow, but this will be hard to overcome. I hope evidence quickly surfaces that will prove his innocence, but I will not be holding my breath.

I agree, living in VA is pretty sad.

Anyway, GB another Vick thread :doh: Not as good as another Owens thread, but still good.

He good! (clap clap)

Great job of merging the two!!!! :D:D

Of course I said the news was sad, not living in VA...

So did you move out of Virginia before the war or after??? :tup:

Edited by Hardrocker

Yeah this is really bad. I scan the Falcons message board and it looks like they've already started some dumb petition for Vick's release/trade, which has got about 20 right now. Every game this Vick is gonna hear it, maybe even the home games. The decision is easy right now; he won't be suspended. And as much as people want to put Vick's face on it there are much bigger players out there than Bad News Kennels. It's just hard to believe that Vick would risk his livelihood on such small purses. That's the part I just really can't get around that everyone else on the boards has.

The news hits today that Michael Vick has been indicted for dogfighting activities. The story is pretty disgusting. For someone who lives in Virginia, this is sad news but unfortunately not surprising. The next few weeks will be filled with points of view regarding what the Atlanta Falcons or the NFL, for that matter should do. I believe in innocent until proven guilty. The hard line that Roger Goodell has drawn almost begs for immediate action.

I wish I knew what the answer should be and I do not envy the NFL or the Falcons. If I had to make a decision today, I would have a hard time taking action. If I had to predict what will happen, Vick is through. It will either be swift or painfully slow, but this will be hard to overcome. I hope evidence quickly surfaces that will prove his innocence, but I will not be holding my breath.

WHAT!?!?! I hope just the opposite as this guy is an ass and finding him guilty is a day long overdue. Put him away!!

I miss T.O.

I'm sure you do. It's gotta suck seeing all this about Vick unfolding.

Yeah this is really bad. I scan the Falcons message board and it looks like they've already started some dumb petition for Vick's release/trade, which has got about 20 right now. Every game this Vick is gonna hear it, maybe even the home games. The decision is easy right now; he won't be suspended. And as much as people want to put Vick's face on it there are much bigger players out there than Bad News Kennels. It's just hard to believe that Vick would risk his livelihood on such small purses. That's the part I just really can't get around that everyone else on the boards has.

He wasn't going to be indicted or arrested either. The suspensions and possible jail time are on the way. :D

And as much as people want to put Vick's face on it there are much bigger players out there than Bad News Kennels.

Bad Newz Kennels. You left out the "Z". How can you have street cred without the "Z"?

So did you move out of Virginia before the war or after??? :D
I've lived here about 20 friggin years. Talk about a masochist. :D

It's just hard to believe that Vick would risk his livelihood on such small purses.
You seem to be under the impression that Vick possesses the merest shred of class and/or functioning brain cells. Just curious: why?

Bad Newz Kennels. You left out the "Z". How can you have street cred without the "Z"?

Newz. Yeah I'm ghetto now.

You seem to be under the impression that Vick possesses the merest shred of class and/or functioning brain cells. Just curious: why?

It's hard to think anyone not mentally challenged would be so damn dumb is it not. Then again I said that when he supposedly carried his Josh Gordon bottle through the airport.

It's just hard to believe that Vick would risk his livelihood on such small purses. That's the part I just really can't get around that everyone else on the boards has.

It's not about the coin, it's about the competition. After a certain point, I believe that many top level athletes believe they are generally above the law. They get all kinds of free rides (pun somewhat intended), hand outs, perks, that we never see. He likely enjoyed the competitive aspect of dog fighting, never thought he would get caught or get in trouble, and the money involved was only an after thought.

If he is guilty of the things the feds are saying, they should invoke the old eye-for-an-eye justice. This guy qualifies as a human being only on a technicality.

What technicality is that? I don't see any at all. Even chimps can move on two feet.

It'd be hilarious if fans would bark at him, Brown's dogpound style, when he is introduced in each game. :D

Or the stauium playing "Who Let the Dogs Out" or road games. :D

God I pray that this happens if and when this idiot gets to play again.