[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yet another annoyance

darin3

So when we moved here to Austin and got a home phone line, we started getting random fax machines calling. Stupid fax spam, I'm assuming. The calls were real sporadic, and I figured it'd stop (which it did). It started back up a few months ago, but then stopped again... well, it's back, and this time with a vengeance. Calls at 3:30am will not be tolerated, oh no. I called AT&T and got caller ID and call block, but crap, I'd rather figure out who this is and get a hold of them personally. I've been known to rip new cornholes, and this is one of those situations.

The number is (877) 200-1344 ... obviously some spamming company. I Googled the number and it appears a few others have had this same problem.... but nothing in terms of who it is.

I've already contacted our resident phone company guy, Cliaz. I have yet to offer him photos of midgets wrestling donkeys, but I can dig some up if he's able to help. For the rest of you, a hearty THANK YOU will have to suffice. Anyone have any ideas?

:D

This is one of my biggest peeves too. Annoying and worse than regular spam or even telephone sales calls. They use your paper and toner (i.e. your money) to send the crap. I think they have dialers that just f'n dial phone numbers at random and if it gets a fax tone, it remembers and you start getting unsolicitied fax spam all the time. Someone told me if you call the number to "opt out" it only generates more unwanted faxes.

There should be a lawsuit against the perps. If there is, I would gladly join the class.

Edited by Controller

Someone told me if you call the number to "opt out" it only generates more unwanted faxes.

There should be a lawsuit against the perps. If there is, I would gladly join the class.

We used to receive many unwanted faxes where I work. I started calling the "opt out" numbers and

we now rarely receive unsolicited faxes. So, from my experience, using the "opt out" numbers

does not generate more unwanted faxes.

good luck darin

:D

Clinton, Bush, Katrina, gay marriage.... there, maybe now I'll get some hits. :D

Ok jokes aside...

Do you use the same line for calls? Can you turn the ringer off of the fax machine? Can you set it to not allow faxes unless you accept them (like push a button)? The 2nd one might be a pain in the ass, but you wouldnt get a call at 3am.

Fax machines are so 90's.

Oh and no advice other than adding your new number to the federal do not call list.

Or ditch the fax MACHINE, and get an efax number. You can get one for free to recieve them, but I think sending them costs money. Just a thought. That would eliminate the phone ringing at all to get a fax.

Here's the thing, people....... I DON'T HAVE A FAX MACHINE! I get these calls and it just beeps in my ear.

Stupid-ass AT&T is unable to block any calls but local, land-line numbers. WDaF is that all about?

I got a number for AT&T's "harassment" division. We'll see if they can do anything.

Here's the thing, people....... I DON'T HAVE A FAX MACHINE! I get these calls and it just beeps in my ear.

Hmmm...did you piss off TimC recently? I mean, REALLY piss him off? :D

Stupid-ass AT&T is unable to block any calls but local, land-line numbers. WDaF is that all about?

I got a number for AT&T's "harassment" division. We'll see if they can do anything.

Well that puts a different perspective on things now doesnt it...

I got nothin...