[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 Man Keeper League

Soak

I must keep 2 players, somewhat of a re-post but I'm having 2nd thoughts (round drafted)

QB Brees(5), Grossman(FA)

RB Rudi(1), Gore(4), Maroney(8), Jacobs(15), Norwood(FA)

WR S. Smith(2), Driver(3), S. Moss(7), Caldwell(FA), Branch(9), Edwards, Horn

TE Winslow(6)

K Kasay

DST Raiders, Titans

I keep 2 in the round i drafted them the previous year for upto 3 years.

which 2 do I keep for maximum value?

Why do you think responses would change by reposting the same subject a couple of days later?

You keep Gore and then have to choose between Maroney & Jacobs based upon how you think they will perform in the coming season and the draft differential between them. I say it is a toss up, given the rounds in the draft they will cost you. Others will say Maroney is the obvious choice, while a few may be concerned about Maroney's health issue and opt for Jacobs.

Gore and Maroney. This shouldn't even be a discussion

Really? Well, there's roughly a 40% drop in FF pts between 8th round value and a 15th round value.

Tell you what - you take Maroney & I'll take Jacobs & the difference in FF pts between the 8th rounder & the 15th rounder, and let's see which accumulates more pts this coming season.

I reposted it a different way, so u could see the rest of my team, IE Brees, Smith, Winslow, ETC.....

Yes, but none of those players are offering you any sort of value in terms of their cost in picks copared to where they would normally be drafted.

Gore gives you a first round pick for a 4th rounder.

Maroney gives you a first round pick for an 8th rounder

Jacobs gives you a 2nd/3rd round pick for a 15th rounder.

LEt's see SMith for a 2nd rounder-- about where he would be drafted, so no real value there

Brees for a 5th - about where he would be drafted, no value there, plus with such a limited number of keepers you wouldnt be keeping a QB anyway.

Winslow for a 6th - about where he would be drafted, maybe a round higher than he would go in some league, so definitely no value there

So, advice is unchanged. You have 3 decent options at RB that are giving you good value for their cost. You do not have any other players on your team offering you the same value.

You keep Gore, he seems to be the easy one. You then try to trade Maroney or Jacobs extolling their cost/value ratio for pick (s). You then protect whichever one you do not trade.

Personally, as I said in the other thread, I keep Maroney, but it is a very close call considering just how much value Jacobs is laying you and taking into consideration the potential increased risk associated with Maroney because of the injured shoulder. THat makes it a much tougher decision if you have to decide now. If you can wait until close to the start of the season so you can see if Maroney is getting carries in practice and in the preseason to see how the shoulder is doing, then you can do a more educated rick/reward analysis to determine which one is the better option.