[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DMD's New Book

YoungBob

I just received an email from Amazon that DMD's new book, Fantasy Football: The Next Level, How to Build a Championship Team Every Season has shipped and should be in my hands within a couple of days. :D I thought I remembered August 1 being the release date. What's up, DMD? Trying to beat Harry Potter to the top of the NY Times bestsellers list?

:D

I hope you enjoy it!

Writing that book was both an arduous task and a lot of fun. I actually learned stuff in the process of writing and researching it. When I do stuff for the website, it's about 99% about the here and now and about specific teams, players and situations. In writing that, I researched and analyzed the NFL and fantasy football from a much higher level. There is much in that book that you will have seen on the site over the last eleven years and much that is new. Thing is that I had such a bigger pallet to work with that it was a joy to write. When I write for the site, I am writing an article that maybe be a few thousand words long and has to be "self contained". But working with a book where each chapter leads to the next and feeds off what has already been written was really nice. I tried to write it so that any chapter by itself would be worthwhile to read and stand by itself, but also so that reading the book in it's entirety is also worthwhile since it discusses a systematic way to approach fantasy football, team management, drafts and player evaluations.

I'm really happy with the way it came together. It was really cool instead of talking about the QBs this year, I got to examine and discuss QBs overall as they relate to FF in terms of trends of finding studs and in the positions I discussed (QB, RB, WR, TE, PK and DEF), I often used stats from the last ten years to illustrate what I was trying to show. I'd love to get feedback on it if anyone has the time. It's a pretty comprehensive look at how to be a good FF owner and I think it will have stuff to satisfy anyone from newbie to seasoned vets. I wrote it mostly for seasoned vets though.

It wasn't slated to be available until the end of this month.

:tup:

I hope you enjoy it!

Writing that book was both an arduous task and a lot of fun. I actually learned stuff in the process of writing and researching it. When I do stuff for the website, it's about 99% about the here and now and about specific teams, players and situations. In writing that, I researched and analyzed the NFL and fantasy football from a much higher level. There is much in that book that you will have seen on the site over the last eleven years and much that is new. Thing is that I had such a bigger pallet to work with that it was a joy to write. When I write for the site, I am writing an article that maybe be a few thousand words long and has to be "self contained". But working with a book where each chapter leads to the next and feeds off what has already been written was really nice. I tried to write it so that any chapter by itself would be worthwhile to read and stand by itself, but also so that reading the book in it's entirety is also worthwhile since it discusses a systematic way to approach fantasy football, team management, drafts and player evaluations.

I'm really happy with the way it came together. It was really cool instead of talking about the QBs this year, I got to examine and discuss QBs overall as they relate to FF in terms of trends of finding studs and in the positions I discussed (QB, RB, WR, TE, PK and DEF), I often used stats from the last ten years to illustrate what I was trying to show. I'd love to get feedback on it if anyone has the time. It's a pretty comprehensive look at how to be a good FF owner and I think it will have stuff to satisfy anyone from newbie to seasoned vets. I wrote it mostly for seasoned vets though.

It wasn't slated to be available until the end of this month.

Can't wait to read the IDP chapter :doh:

congrats again on the book :D

Edited by keggerz

Can't wait to read the IDP chapter :doh:

congrats again on the book :tup:

The book is already 300 pages. I, uh, had an IDP section but they had to cut out those 1100 extra pages... :D

On a serious note, people that play IDP tell me that LAG works great for them. :D