[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you were Arthur Blank

PantherDave

If accusations are true of eletrocuting dogs, shooting them with 22's I'd send him to Guantanamo.

If they cut him they can't get signing bonus payments back so I would suspend him and sit him until this is decided.

TC hit's July 26......Culpepper has been released.....you have a Tsunami of bad PR rushing at you. Would you cut/ suspend until?/have him come to TC after he pays his bond in Richmond on July 26...the start of TC?

I would probably talk to Vick and come to some agreement that he takes a "sabatical" this year to deal with his problems and the team prepares to be without him. That leaves the door open tfor Vick if he is completely exonerated. If he plays, it would be BRUTAL what the media and fans will do. The team cannot withstand the firestorm in the middle of installing a new offense. No way.

If Vick doesn't agree, I would release him. Hurts financially in the short term but the Falcons have to protect the Falcons and do what makes sense for the long term.

This seems like a classic no-win situation for Blank. Vick has historically generated a lot of cash for Blank. Now, it seems like that is in jeopardy, and I am sure that, for Blank, the mere mention of Vick in the media has become as sought after as a herpes outbreak on your honeymoon.

Me, personally, I'd suspend Vick indefinitely. But, I am also glad that I am not in a position to have to deal with the headache. I imagine, for now, everyone is in a holding pattern to see what shakes out and how they can spin it for minimal impact on team profits.

Put him in a ring with 100 wild rabid pit bulls (or whatever dogs they use for fighting) let him fight for his life, see if he comes out on top if he does then he gets to stay on the team if he doesn't well then he'll have much bigger problems then making the team. I don't know... put it on pay per view or something and call it the huddle wild dog challenge, give DMD his cut (make em an even richer man) and we'll all be happy! That is of course if he's guilty. If he is what a cruel sport!

Financially, and for the morale and welfare of the team, I would suspend Vick indefinately, with pay, until a decision is made in court. I think they will still have to pay him, because if by miracle he is found innocent and they had cut his pay, the Players Union would kill the team on that. For the team, I don't see how there is any way they go into training camp with Vick as the starter now. It would be an incredible waste of precious time and energy not to prepare Harrington for the season opener. I don't know all the details of his contract, but if it would hurt the team too much just to cut him outright, then I don't blame them for not cutting him right away.

For the Falcons, this might actually be a blessing in disguise. Here is their opportunity to finally un-hitch their wagon from this underachiever.

No Sega!. If they didn't Vick could flip a b**** and sue the NFL.

If this charade continues Broncs, you're going to have to make a statement along the lines that you have not had sexual relations with Ron Mexico. Cause I'm sure some are starting to question your continued stance/defense. :D

Put him in a ring with 100 wild rabid pit bulls ...put it on pay per view or something and call it the huddle wild dog challenge, give DMD his cut (make em an even richer man) and we'll all be happy! !
das what I'm talkin 'bout

I would probably talk to Vick and come to some agreement that he takes a "sabatical" this year to deal with his problems and the team prepares to be without him. That leaves the door open tfor Vick if he is completely exonerated. If he plays, it would be BRUTAL what the media and fans will do. The team cannot withstand the firestorm in the middle of installing a new offense. No way.

If Vick doesn't agree, I would release him. Hurts financially in the short term but the Falcons have to protect the Falcons and do what makes sense for the long term.

Exactly my best guess would be at this point. Let him have a "Leave of Absence" for him to take the necessary time to handle his legal issues. Prevents the team to have him be the focus of the team each and every week, but allows the team have him available should the accusations be unproven and return to the team next season. If the case shows that he is guilty his NFL contract is the least of his worries and the Falcons cut bait at that point.

I don't know. A leave of absence may not be good enough for the court of public opinion.

The guy hasn't been proven guilty of anything at this point..... I am certainly NOT defending K9 Vick, but people don't need to rush to judgement before more facts are presented in court. Regardless of you call it a "Leave of Absence" or a suspension with pay, the Falcons need to do something by the end of the week or they will be crucified by the press and NFL fans IMO.

I agree that's probably the best way to handle it.

I don't agree with that. If Vick's found guilty (which looks probable at this point), the Falcons might be able to recoup some of his signing bonus and/or cap room before releasing him. IMO, there's too much money (~ $25 million prorated) for the Falcons to potentially get their hands on to just cut ties and take the cap hit.

If Vick doesn't agree to go on sabbatical, I'd make him carry a clipboard on the sidelines this season.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Blank has been pulling strings and calling in favors to protect his "investment" for quite a while now... and after all he's done for him , for Vick to STILL place Blank in the embarrassing and potentially revenue losing position that he has placed him in with this mess, well... if I were Blank I would not only part ways with Mr. Vick professionally, but I would make it my life's mission to make sure that he suffers continual humiliation and destitution.

people don't need to rush to judgement before more facts are presented in court.

At this point, the facts don't matter. Every news channel in the country is reporting that Vick told his buddy to wire Fido up to a car battery. He's already been judged. An acquittal won't get that out of people's heads.

Edited by budlitebrad

Blank has been pulling strings and calling in favors to protect his "investment" for quite a while now... and after all he's done for him , for Vick to STILL place Blank in the embarrassing and potentially revenue losing position that he has placed him in with this mess, well... if I were Blank I would not only part ways with Mr. Vick professionally, but I would make it my life's mission to make sure that he suffers continual humiliation and destitution.

I couldnt agree with this more!

At this point, the facts don't matter. Every news channel in the country is reporting that Vick told his buddy to wire Fido up to a car battery. He's already been judged. An acquittal won't get that out of people's heads.

Even if Vick can disassociate himself from individual acts, he won't ever get away from being involved in the sport. And there's a problem that won't leave regardless of what happens.

Given how wealthy celebrities are treated by our legal system, one can hardly blame them.

The evidence against Vick is so overwhelmingly damning that nobody in their right mind would conclude that he had NOTHING AT ALL to do with dog fighting.

At this point, the facts don't matter.

In a very real sense that is true. This thread is about what woudl you do if you were Mr. Blank and had to deal with the headache of the Michael Vick dogfighting situation. Whether Vick is guilty or, well, not AS guilty, he still is bringing the worst possible publicity that Mr. Blank's business could imagine having to endure. No matter what, I'm willing to bet that this will cost Blank a ton of money.

So, if you're a millionaire, and some punk-ass thug (whether convicted or not) continues to threaten your bank account, what do you do?