[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you were Arthur Blank

PantherDave

Another point is that Blank is the head of The Home Depot and he don't not want what happens to the Falcons to negatively affect the Home Depot business.

Very good point.... If the Falcons take a more lenient stance, it definitely could spill over to Home Depot seeing boycotts due to the Vick situation.... It is just a big, ugly, stinkin' mess for Mr. Blank right now.... :D

He was the CFO for 19 years, became the CEO, and the retired in 2001 as co-chairman

He still owns a boatload of stock however, so his fortunes are still very much tied to HD and how the company performs.

If I was in Blank's shoes, unfortunately, I'd have no choice but to go into full damage-control mode. He has to try to get the most out of the investment he made in Vick. Unless Vick is totally innocent of all charges, I'd encourage him to plea guilty to a lesser crime such as cruelty to animals or something like that. Tell him to be contrite, apologize, say he's a changed man, have his photo taken being nice to some animals...all that happy horseSega!. I'd say that the Falcons do not condone his actions, but that the legal system has run it's course, he has paid his debt to society, we stand behind our players.....yada, yada, yada. Then I'd make him my starting quarterback and hope for the best.

Trade him to the Browns or the Lions?

You'd think that'd teach him a lesson or two, wouldn't you?

...on a serious note...

I'm "+1" with DMD's suggestions. Suspend (without pay, if allowed for in the CBA...otherwise, with pay) until the courts sort it out. If "not guilty" then maybe bring him back. If "guilty" possibly recoup some of the money already given to Vick and part ways.

Very good point.... If the Falcons take a more lenient stance, it definitely could spill over to Home Depot seeing boycotts due to the Vick situation.... It is just a big, ugly, stinkin' mess for Mr. Blank right now.... :D

I think he's handling it as well as he can. He came back from Africa, talked to Goodell about what the best course of action to take and he released a statement to the fans. They should see that he is as much in shock about this as they are. At least I think he is.

If he is man-ing up here I hope they see it that way.

If he cuts him the team loses a lot of cap money. To try and sue for guaranteed money they have to keep him on the team. I suspect he will be paid and told to stay away until this is resolved. That seems the proper stance.

If Vick is at TC it will be a media circus.

Blank has been pulling strings and calling in favors to protect his "investment" for quite a while now... and after all he's done for him , for Vick to STILL place Blank in the embarrassing and potentially revenue losing position that he has placed him in with this mess, well... if I were Blank I would not only part ways with Mr. Vick professionally, but I would make it my life's mission to make sure that he suffers continual humiliation and destitution.

+1. Blank has the ability and resources to destroy Vick completely, so much so that he'll spend the rest of his life snagging pizza leftovers from dumpsters. I certainly would. Blank probably won't.

Realistically, if I was Arthur Blank, I'd see about some kind of resolution involving Vick taking some time out to address his legal situation, or getting him off the team on a permanent basis (provided the financial element isn't too strong). Enlisting Goddell and the NFLPA to assist might be the right way to go about it as well to make sure it's all above the board.

Reading the indictment, the kinds of abuse Vick is charged with is far worse than anything Pacman. Chris Henry, or Tank Johnson have been accused of and ranks a notch below Rae Carruth and OJ as far as I'm concerned.

Frankly, I have a hard time accepting or suggesting that any employer fire any employee for conduct unrelated to his job. Regardless of how unpleasant or how repugnant the acts were. :D

At least let the legal system run its course before you swat the horse on the ass and leave the man dancing. :D

Frankly, I have a hard time accepting or suggesting that any employer fire any employee for conduct unrelated to his job. Regardless of how unpleasant or how repugnant the acts were. :D

At least let the legal system run its course before you swat the horse on the ass and leave the man dancing. :D

It happens all of the time, even outside of professional sports.