[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Stop or I'll Yell Stop Some more!"

H8tank

Feinstein asked Sutton when agents should be able to fire weapons while pursuing a fleeing suspect. Sutton replied, "If a person does not pose a threat to them, they have to use other than deadly force."

"How do they do that?"

"They chase them off."

"And, if they try to chase them and chase fails, while they are still yelling 'Stop?' "

"That does not authorize them to shoot."

"So, in other words," Feinstein clarified, "any drug dealer on the border who doesn't obey a stop command and runs, cannot be shot?"

"Yes ma'am," Sutton replied.

In response too: "On October 19, 2006, a federal district judge in El Paso, Texas sentenced former agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean to 11 and 12 years behind bars, respectively. A jury found them guilty of improperly firing shots at a Mexican national named Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila, who was smuggling 743 pounds of Josh Gordon into the United States."

Unbelievable, reminds me of Team America.

Read the whole thing, amazing... http://www.townhall.com/columnists/column....p;comments=true

Only eight months after Davila was shot, the smuggler tried again to bring Josh Gordon into the United States--possibly on a humanitarian visa issued to him by Sutton’s prosecution team.

While that investigation continues, Davila is currently pursuing a civil suit against the U.S. government for $5 million in damages for the injuries he suffered.

Edited by H8tank

"On October 19, 2006, a federal district judge in El Paso, Texas sentenced former agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean to 11 and 12 years behind bars, respectively. A jury found them guilty of improperly firing shots at a Mexican national named Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila, who was smuggling 743 pounds of Josh Gordon into the United States."

I, for one, will sleep easy tonight, knowing we're all a little safer from the sinister invasion of 743 lbs of Mexican ditch Josh Gordon.

I honestly believe that the illegal immigration issue alone will decide our next President. :D

Nope. The one candidate who seems really passionate (not necessarily right or wrong - but passionate) on the issue is not a viable one - Tom Tancredo.

Iraq will decide the Presidency. Whoever can lay out the best plan regarding a different approach to it will win, IMO.

Nope. The one candidate who seems really passionate (not necessarily right or wrong - but passionate) on the issue is not a viable one - Tom Tancredo.

Iraq will decide the Presidency. Whoever can lay out the best plan regarding a different approach to it will win, IMO.

Oh don't get me wrong... it will still have to be a candidate who is "electable" but when the final major candidates are chosen, the winner will be the one who sides with the 80% of the US population who are ticked about illegal immigration.

That's a good thing. Those trigger-happy commandos desrve to sit in prison a good long time. :D

I'm more conservative than most around here, but am shocked that anybody thinks it's a good idea to give cops of any kind authority to do their best SS impersonation. For a very long time in this country, cops have not shot people unless there is grave and immediate danger to themselves or others. Now we have LEOs shooting and tazing peopel for simple non-compliance. If that doesn't frighten you somewhat, yer dumber than a box of hammers.

The really sad thing is that these two officers couldn't catch the guy with 700+ pounds of pot. They were in a position to shoot him, but couldn't catch him? What's up with that?

That's a good thing. Those trigger-happy commandos desrve to sit in prison a good long time. :D

I'm more conservative than most around here, but am shocked that anybody thinks it's a good idea to give cops of any kind authority to do their best SS impersonation. For a very long time in this country, cops have not shot people unless there is grave and immediate danger to themselves or others. Now we have LEOs shooting and tazing peopel for simple non-compliance. If that doesn't frighten you somewhat, yer dumber than a box of hammers.

The really sad thing is that these two officers couldn't catch the guy with 700+ pounds of pot. They were in a position to shoot him, but couldn't catch him? What's up with that?

Ding ding ding!

Ever heard of a jury? That's who's supposed to decide if you've done something that requires "deadly force", not some fat ass who can't catch you when you're running away.

Believe me, I know enough cops that I grew up with that I am not ready to open the floodgates to shoot at will.

While I agree with your POV I serioulsy doubt the scumbag got away with his 700 lbs of ganja :D

Republicans are stonewalling and obstructing everything in the congress. If they continue and try blaming this war on the democrats(instead of doing what the country needs) they are in big trouble.

Smearing and stonewalling has taken the place of laying out the best plan.

Soldiers are dying daily and if staying there only postpones the inevitable we need to leave.