[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you rank Michael Vick this year?

Chief Dick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where you drafting against some guys named dumb and dumber......what gives...I have 24 rounds in my draft. After my kicker If he is still available in the 24th...I will take him.

Yeah pretty much but who do you think is contributing to the ADPs. Good for you. And once I give a Sega! I'll come back and read your post again. :D

however- it seems someone within Vicks circle is snitching on him and it is named in his inditment that there is an inside informant....

Vick's cousin Davon Boddie... the one living at the house while all of this was happening... was not indicted. :D

He'll be charged seperately I bet and will take a much steeper punishment IMO. He's said that Vick had nothing to do with and it's his fault.

He'll either be charged seperately, which means further indictments are forthcoming (not good for Vick) OR he's the one singing and will be throwing people under the bus so he doesn't go away for 10+ years.

Have to figure in a high profile case with a trophy kill like Vick and all the political agenda surrounding this, they will make rolling over on someone else (and bigger) probably very attractive.

Vick's cousin Davon Boddie... the one living at the house while all of this was happening... was not indicted. :D

That tells me that they consider him nothing more than a toadie in this whole thing. He'll get his, but he's not being viewed as a principal in this mess.

He'll be charged seperately I bet and will take a much steeper punishment IMO. He's said that Vick had nothing to do with and it's his fault.

Ahem.....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Value is incredible right now, as I think he'll be the starter for this season.

Would you be in my league? Please? No, really, I am serious.

Maybe you can take Tank Johnson and Adam Jones (no longer worthy of a nickname) as well...

:D

Like someone said earlier, I won't draft The Dog FIghter even without all the legal trouble. Vick is a HORRIBLE quarterback. It's about time everyone in football, ourselves included, realize that Vick sucks. He's not a leader, he's selfish, does not throw very well, has more interest in running, and for the most part a pretty stupid quarterback. I would rather take a risk and draft the Madden Cursed, Vince Young. If anything good can come of this; which is really pushing it; Mike Vick is no longer the Poster Boy for the NFL. He's just a shameless, coward who thought it would be cool to fight dog with his boys. Vick deserves to die in my opinion.

I think most of you are missing Chief Dick's point..... His original question had nothing to do with Vick's guilt or character. From a fantasy football perspective, I would probably spend one of my last 2-3 picks on him IF the situation was right. For example, in a 12-team league, if I happened to be one of the last owners to draft a backup QB, and wasn't too excited about my options, I would possibly grab Vick as a 3rd QB. If my #1 were to get hurt, and #2 was very weak, and Vick ended up playing for part of the year, it could turn out to be a good value pick.

I agree also that Vick has historically been overrated as an NFL QB. As a fantasy QB, however, the numbers don't lie. He has been a relatively productive (top 10-15) QB regularly. And, in certain matchups, he has produced RB-like rushing yards and TD's, so you're bound to get at least one of those "monster" games from him if he plays. All I am trying to say is that, IF he plays, I would rather have him as my 3rd option than to count on TD passes next year from guys like Losman, Quinn, and Russell. In deep leagues where rosters are 16 players or more, you're not going to find anything on the waiver wire at the QB position, so having a 3rd QB, even if he is a huge risk, is paramount.

Would you be in my league? Please? No, really, I am serious.

Maybe you can take Tank Johnson and Adam Jones (no longer worthy of a nickname) as well...

:D

He's talking about the Leavenworth Penal League.

I think most of you are missing Chief Dick's point..... His original question had nothing to do with Vick's guilt or character. From a fantasy football perspective, I would probably spend one of my last 2-3 picks on him IF the situation was right. For example, in a 12-team league, if I happened to be one of the last owners to draft a backup QB, and wasn't too excited about my options, I would possibly grab Vick as a 3rd QB. If my #1 were to get hurt, and #2 was very weak, and Vick ended up playing for part of the year, it could turn out to be a good value pick.

I agree also that Vick has historically been overrated as an NFL QB. As a fantasy QB, however, the numbers don't lie. He has been a relatively productive (top 10-15) QB regularly. And, in certain matchups, he has produced RB-like rushing yards and TD's, so you're bound to get at least one of those "monster" games from him if he plays. All I am trying to say is that, IF he plays, I would rather have him as my 3rd option than to count on TD passes next year from guys like Losman, Quinn, and Russell. In deep leagues where rosters are 16 players or more, you're not going to find anything on the waiver wire at the QB position, so having a 3rd QB, even if he is a huge risk, is paramount.

From a purely fantasy football perspective:

1. He may not even play this year

2. If he does, you can expect a dramatic decrease in his fantasy numbers, as his lack of preparation for this season and his new offense plus his ongoing legal (and social/emotional) distractions will certainly have a negative impact on his play. I will expect to see some really horrible games from Vick this year if he does end up playing.

Edited by Crazysight

I agree with the above posters. Personal lifestyle aside, Vick's numbers don't lie. He's not even in the top half of the league, QB numbers-wise. I don't have them right here, or know them off the top of my head, but I don't think he's ever thrown for more than 20 TDs or so, and he's never hit the 2500 yd. mark passing , ever. The only thing that made him draftable (something I've never done) was his running ability.

And, like the posters above stated, one week he'll run for 100 yds and two tds, the next he'll do nothing. It's like having one half of a run by committee backfield. It's a crapshoot every week whether or not you're going to get anything from Vick's running. You KNOW what you're going to get from him passing. between 100-150 yds, a td every now and then. Nothing more.

Some people buy into the hyperbole. I never did. I've said it since he came into the league. Vick is the biggest fraud at QB since Cunningham. A great athlete? Yes. A great QB? Laughable.

I agree with the above posters. Personal lifestyle aside, Vick's numbers don't lie. He's not even in the top half of the league, QB numbers-wise. I don't have them right here, or know them off the top of my head, but I don't think he's ever thrown for more than 20 TDs or so, and he's never hit the 2500 yd. mark passing , ever. The only thing that made him draftable (something I've never done) was his running ability.

And, like the posters above stated, one week he'll run for 100 yds and two tds, the next he'll do nothing. It's like having one half of a run by committee backfield. It's a crapshoot every week whether or not you're going to get anything from Vick's running. You KNOW what you're going to get from him passing. between 100-150 yds, a td every now and then. Nothing more.

Some people buy into the hyperbole. I never did. I've said it since he came into the league. Vick is the biggest fraud at QB since Cunningham. A great athlete? Yes. A great QB? Laughable.

It is a slap in the face to Cunningham to compare Vick to him.he had 5 seasons of over 20 TD's passing and twice he had over 30 TD's passing

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/CunnRa00.htm