Crazysight

Michael Vick's career

Michael Vick's career  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be the end result of all of this?

• Vick gets off scott-free and continues on as "the most exciting player in the NFL"
    • Suspension of less than a year
    • Suspended for a year
    • Short prison term ala Ray Lewis, plus possible suspension
    • By the time he gets out, career will be over

6 Vick posts in the top 9...this truly IS the most exciting indictment in the NFL!

Edited by Crazysight

I'll go with "b".

I'm sure he doesn't want to go to trial and have any more damaging evidence made public. Certainly, the NFL and the Falcons don't want him going to trial. He'll cop a plea to a lesser charge, do no prison time, pay a fine, probation, community service, do some charity work for some animal rights group, claim he's a changed man and be done with it. I'll say he gets a four to eight game suspension by the NFL depending on exactly what he admits to.

I'll go with "b".

I'm sure he doesn't want to go to trial and have any more damaging evidence made public. Certainly, the NFL and the Falcons don't want him going to trial. He'll cop a plea to a lesser charge, do no prison time, pay a fine, probation, community service, do some charity work for some animal rights group, claim he's a changed man and be done with it. I'll say he gets a four to eight game suspension by the NFL depending on exactly what he admits to.

Sounds about right. But he definetely holds the right to let it play out which he should if he had nothing to do with it. The suspicion will definetely be there if a plea bargains. The only way to "erase" this and prove his innocence is to let it play out.

You forgot - Short Jail Time and Suspension

because if he goes to jail, he will be suspended with the new sheriff Goodall :D

Edited by Zooty

You forgot - Short Jail Time and Suspension

because if he goes to jail, he will be suspended with the new sheriff Goodall :D

Short prison term ala Ray Lewis, plus possible suspension :D

Short prison term ala Ray Lewis, plus possible suspension :D

Any prison = most definite suspension

Sounds about right. But he definetely holds the right to let it play out which he should if he had nothing to do with it. The suspicion will definetely be there if a plea bargains. The only way to "erase" this and prove his innocence is to let it play out.

:D

:D

It's not that funny. He might be innocent.

C'mon, who among us hasn't had an illegal dog fighting ring run on our property without our knowledge or consent? I'm sure it happens all the time.

Hey I'm leaving it out there. The only one who is leaving it out there.

Yeah, congrats on that. :D

It's not that funny. He might be innocent.

C'mon, who among us hasn't had an illegal dog fighting ring run on our property without our knowledge or consent? I'm sure it happens all the time.

For all I know my brother is selling drugs out of the shed in the backyard. I never go back there.

For all I know my brother is selling drugs out of the shed in the backyard. I never go back there.

If he was, your parents would be responsible because they own the shed where its taking place

Ignorance is not a defense

Edited by Zooty

If he was, your parents would be responsible because they own the shed where its taking place

Touche. But what if my parents live in California and just my brother and I lived there. And my parents bought the shed because we needed somewhere to house lawn equipment? And they never checked up on the place. Are they still guilty?

What the heck am I typing?

Touche. But what if my parents live in California and just my brother and I lived there. And my parents bought the shed because we needed somewhere to house lawn equipment? And they never checked up on the place. Are they still guilty?

What the heck am I typing?

Yes, the owner is responsible

A coherent rebuttal, congrats

Yes, the owner is responsible

A coherent rebuttal, congrats

But isn't that similar to the relationship that a owner of a house that rents it to another person? And in that case the owner of the house would not be found responsible unless said owner was a repeat offender of such situation.

Vick has already been deemed ignorant. If that was enough he wouldn't have been indicted.

The commissioner of the league I'm in has just informed me that the owner of Michael Vick has requested that he be suspended from our fantasy league :D

He is finished. Vick has played his last game in the NFL. With Tagliabue, it may have been a different story. Goodell doesn't play around.

Goodell doesn't play around.

Loves his new authority a little too much. Vick told Goodell he didn't know anything and wasn't a part of it. Until that is proved Goodell won't make a move.

6 Vick posts in the top 9...this truly IS the most exciting indictment in the NFL!

Of course.