[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who should I keep?

My potential keepers in a standard performance scoring league (Start 1QB, 2 RB, 2WR, no flex):

Brees

Addai

Maroney

Portis

S. Smith

I need to keep 2 (leaning toward Addai and S. Smith), but can keep a 3rd for an additional 50% of the league fee (so I'd be paying $300 instead of $200). League rule: The "keeper picks" are your first picks that you have in any round for as many players that you're keeping. I traded away Gore and my 4th round pick for a 1st round pick and Brees. So if I only keep 2, I will have "selected" them with my 2 first round picks and will be able to draft any non-kept player with the 2nd pick in the 2nd round (list could include TO, Holt, Westbrook or R. Brown, MJD or Rudi J., James, T. Jones, Benson, and whoever else I don't keep). I can also trade Brees, as my best offer at the moment is to get a 5th round pick (which would be the 3rd full round of un-kept to be drafted).

Are any of these guys worth paying the extra $100 for?

Should I stick with Addai and S. Smith as my 2 keepers?

Who should I go after with my 2nd round pick if I don't pay to keep a 3rd player?

I was going to ask if Brees is worth a 5th round pick, but the answer is quite obviously no. I'll see if I can get a couple other mid-round picks for late-round picks if he won't give up something earlier than a 5th.

I feel I'm in pretty good shape regardless of what I do, but I wanted to get some other opinions.

Thanks.

My potential keepers in a standard performance scoring league (Start 1QB, 2 RB, 2WR, no flex):

Brees

Addai

Maroney

Portis

S. Smith

I need to keep 2 (leaning toward Addai and S. Smith), but can keep a 3rd for an additional 50% of the league fee (so I'd be paying $300 instead of $200). League rule: The "keeper picks" are your first picks that you have in any round for as many players that you're keeping. I traded away Gore and my 4th round pick for a 1st round pick and Brees. So if I only keep 2, I will have "selected" them with my 2 first round picks and will be able to draft any non-kept player with the 2nd pick in the 2nd round (list could include TO, Holt, Westbrook or R. Brown, MJD or Rudi J., James, T. Jones, Benson, and whoever else I don't keep). I can also trade Brees, as my best offer at the moment is to get a 5th round pick (which would be the 3rd full round of un-kept to be drafted).

Who should I go after with my 2nd round pick if I don't pay to keep a 3rd player?

I was going to ask if Brees is worth a 5th round pick, but the answer is quite obviously no. I'll see if I can get a couple other mid-round picks for late-round picks if he won't give up something earlier than a 5th.

I feel I'm in pretty good shape regardless of what I do, but I wanted to get some other opinions.

Thanks.

I would keep Addai and Smith and try to get Rudi Johson you should check out his schedule during the fantasy playoffs(thats what really matters). Good luck!!!

Brees

Addai

Maroney

Portis

S. Smith

Thanks.

I keep Addai and Maroney. (see caveat in 2nd paragraph)

Take the offer on Brees. Can't hurt to ask for more, but, considering he is being taken in late 4th-early 6th in most drafts, it is a spectacular offer for him considering you won't be keeping him anyway, so you are getting something for nothing, and the owner receiving him would be giving up not just that pick, but also using a keeper spot on him which is most likely a bad move considering he is just 5th round value.

Shop Smith and Portis for picks, otherwise you are probably gonna be taking Smith with your 2nd round pick (which, as you state will likely be the 2nd overall selection) and in the process saving yourself $100. The caveat mentioned above is that if you really like Smith, and you are concerned about Marone's shoulder at all, and are fairly certain the RBs you mention will be there, realizing that they appear to likely be a significant drop in likely production from a healthy Maroney, you could opt to keep Smith and shop Maroney for picks, and if you dont deal him look to pick him with that #2 pick. Just a matter of what you are more comfortable with.

Also, on a side note before I continue, that is a terrible keeper policy. You gained next to nothing for giving away Gore as the pick you gained is just thrown right back for a keeper. Most leagues that do this type of rule state that the first player is a first round pick, second player a second round pick, etc., and if you do not have a first round pick, you bette rtrade for one if you want to keep a player. Per the way you stated the rules, you are giving up two first round picks to keep two players, whereas the player that gave you the first rounder would be giving up a 2nd and a 3rd rounder to keep the same two players. Makes it seem like a bad idea to be trading for higher draft picks in this scenario.