[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I wrong or does State Farm Insurance sucketh?

polksalet

Ok, a couple of days b4 wife went into labor I was caught in a vicious hailstorm in the metropolis of Fulton, Ar. My windshield was busted up and it looks like someone took a bb gun to my Honda. The day b4 labor started my wife called my local agent and reported the damage. I was called the next day while wife was in labor. The previous owner has a car wash/wax fetish and the clear coat was slightly damaged due to all of this cleaning. Well the adjuster comes out and promptly tells me that "hail did not cause that pint damage, I know what hail damage looks like but don't worry, there is lots of other damage." She cut me a check for 2500 and left. That seemed rally low to me so I read the estimate and she appears to want me to have the no paint dent pulling done. I called my agent and told her I did not want a car with jacked up paint even if they did pull the dents. Isn't that whats insurance is for, to fix damage to my car or if there is the tiniest amount of previous damage does that allow them not to pay? Agent told me to take it to local body shop and tell them my situation. He said he couldn't begin to touch it for that price and he couldn't imagine what the adjuster was thinking other than cutting me a check and thinking I would go away. So I called agent yesterday and left a message to call me back. She did not call today and I went by her office to see her. I left a message to call but she has not called yet.

What do i do next? I have a good idea but am curious what you guys think?

Mrs. RR had major hail damage about 3-4 years ago. State Farm handled it fine. Over $6000 in damages and 5 weeks in the shop. SF covered our rental car for 4 weeks, and the body shop apologized for the long wait and covered the rest.

Sorry your having a problem w/ SF, I'd call my agent and raise hell. Mine has ALWAYS treated me fine.

I would go meet with the agent and try to come to a resolution. Sucks that you are having these issues.

I have SF as well. My parents started with our agent 30+ years ago and I use the same agent as well. We have always had great service from our agent.

IMO, regardless of what insurance company you have the agent is the one that makes or breaks it for the customers.

I hope everything works out for you.

Sorry to hear that Polk. Personally, I have always been very happy with the way State Farm has handled my situations.

+1

Sounds to me Polk like you need to look for another agent or at the very least call his/her superior and let them know how you were treated.

Actually the agent hasn't really done anything at all.

Part of your problem - she gets paid for having you as a customer. The adjuster gets paid for denying your claims. Make your agent work for her money.

I heard bad and good things about State Farm, but I've heard Farmer's Insurance is by far the worst.

http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/rated_worst.htm

I am about to court with Farmers, they refuse to fix my roof after a wind storm months ago. i had emergency repairs done the next day. They say that it now fixed, different color shingles and all. Farmers SUCKS!

Part of your problem - she gets paid for having you as a customer. The adjuster gets paid for denying your claims. Make your agent work for her money.

This is truth! The agent makes or breaks a relationship w/ the customer. My agent is aces!

I heard bad and good things about State Farm, but I've heard Farmer's Insurance is by far the worst.

http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/rated_worst.htm

+1 on State Farm treating me pretty good on my car accident this winter. Gave me almost double what the book value was on my totaled car. Then 4 months later contacted me saying he still owed me for lost wages, which I thought we were all caught up on, two weeks later I received a $2000 check in the mail.

+1000 on Farmers Insurance sucking the big one BIG TIME! :D SOBs have been playing games and denying any claims, all over a $50,000 policy. They're gonna lose in the long run, but yet feel the need to drag this out for a year first.

State Farm has been in the news in Indiana lately. We had a hailstorm come through about 1 1/2 years ago and they haven't been covering claims. There have been several neighborhoods where everyone in the neighborhood was given a new roof except for the home owners that were insured with State Farm. State Farm is currently in arbitration with several people over it. I've always had State Farm pay claims quickly in the past, but maybe they've changed lately.

Im not sure if it is SF or another company (I think SF), but one of them in Florida is dropping like 50,000 peoples home insurance. Just in time for the hurricane season... Coincidence? Pff...

You are correct. It is State Farm dropping them. Link to Palm Beach post

Sorry to hear about your isssues with State Farm. I have been with them for 17 years and have always been treated well by them. I have a great agent and I know that helps. I have moved 3 times since I started with her and am now more than 2 hours away but have never even considered changing agents.

One night the wife and I have a very romantic evening and during the course of the night neglected to blow out candles we had burning in the bedroom. After the festivities we discovered that the red candle wax had dripped down the walls and onto the tan carpet. Sort of looked like a murder sight. SF replaced the carpet and paid to have the walls repainted.

They have always handled my claims well, and as to the adjuster. I had hail damage on my roof, he cut me a check that was reduced by 40% off because the roof was old, I ended up getting that 40% out of him a week later.

Edited by Hat Trick

Polk,

If you have served in the military or have Federal government experience, check out USAA for your insurance needs.

:D I have USAA thanks to my mother working there. I had someone I knew try to compete with USAA, and when I told them I was with them, the girl told me Geico (she worked for them) couldnt compete.

I do everything through USAA. Banking, Insurance, everything...

State Farm sucks. I had policies with them since 1975 and in 2003 I moved from one state to another. Since more than 90 days passed between selling one house and buying another, they denied me coverage on the new one. Their reason was that in the prior state I asked for a roof inspection after a hail storm, which was denied. I contested their denial for the hail damage but finally dropped the issue. Unbelievable that after being a customer for 28 years they would not cover me simply for that. Never again.

:D I have USAA thanks to my mother working there. I had someone I knew try to compete with USAA, and when I told them I was with them, the girl told me Geico (she worked for them) couldnt compete.

I do everything through USAA. Banking, Insurance, everything...

I have heard GEICO is the worst. But those caveman comml's are great. The latest ones w/ the psychiatrist are hysterical.

Government Employees Insurance Company........When I worked for the dept. of the Navy it was for Gobment Employees Only. When did that change to USAA? :D

I am denied. Since my clear coat (not paint) was previously damaged (weathered0 State Farm will not pay to fix the paint damage impact craters caused by the hail. I will post pics tomorrow for your viewing pleasure.

I should start and insurance company. I can collect premiums and not pay out. That sounds like the best bet rich quick scheme I ever heard.