Sign in to follow this  
broncosn05

Barry Bonds

:D

Is this some kind of "fuzzy math"? I know...it's a typo....

Arod at 525 at the end of this year. 6 more seasons at 40 HR is 765, which whould break it unless Bonds plays another season.

But who's to say he can't play until 40+ like Bonds?

And why is it so unrealistic that Arod would do that? Hank Aaron established the record hitting lots of home runs late in his career, and so will the Debil.

I'm assuming Bonds plays another year and ends up with around 800. Also, without steroids it is hard to say that a player won't get hurt or that they can stay on pace later on in age.

Penny on tuesday, Hendrickson wednesday.

Tuesday and Thursday are also promotional nights, which is why I like my Wed night ticket. I bet he sits Tuesday.

Crap, I hope he doesn't hit one against Maddux (my favorite pitcher).

I saw it live baby!!!! Too awesome!!!!!!!

what are you doing with your laptop at petco?

i used to have season tix until i moved to CO...saw plenty little man.

what are you doing with your laptop at petco?

i used to have season tix until i moved to CO...saw plenty little man.

:D

Hey got to see history when I thought of turning it off. :D

I am sure I am in the minority when it comes to Bonds. I have always been a big fan of him as a baseball player. IMO, he is the greatest baseball player to play during my lifetime. I am glad that he got a piece of history tonight.

I am sure I am in the minority when it comes to Bonds. I have always been a big fan of him as a baseball player. IMO, he is the greatest baseball player to play during my lifetime. I am glad that he got a piece of history tonight.

You know I can't say that I was happy for him or angry that he tied Aaron. However, I will say that I felt sad that the record no longer stands alone and will soon go from a legit ball player to a roid-head. Someday A-Rod will break it and who knows, by then maybe they'll have proof that he did something illegal (Canseco's already supposedly writing about it in his next book).

Edited by irish

You know I can't say that I was happy for him or angry that he tied Aaron. However, I will say that I felt sad that the record no longer stands alone and will soon go from a legit ball player to a roid-head. Someday A-Rod will break it and who knows, by then maybe they'll have proof that he did something illegal (Canseco's already supposedly writing about it in his next book).

I wouldn't exactly say A-Rod is a total lock to break the record. Who knows what could happen. I think that A-Rod has a shot at it but would not consider it a guarantee.

I don't like or dis-like Bonds, but I think it is sad that the biggest record in sports is tied and most people could care less.

I wouldn't exactly say A-Rod is a total lock to break the record. Who knows what could happen. I think that A-Rod has a shot at it but would not consider it a guarantee.

Unless he has an injury problem or retires within 8 years I can't see how he won't break it. If he averages 30 HRs in the next 10 years that puts him at 800. Bionds should finish around 770-780 or so unless of course he plays a couple more years.

Did anyone see Bud Seligs reaction? If he can't even cheer, why is he there? His expression was completely blank....

I think that sums up the entire country's reaction.

That may be true, but what's the whole point fo following him around then? He can't even smile or clap or anything.........

Who cares? The darn owner of the Giants doesn't even bother to attend the game or call Bonds to congratulate him. That says quite a bit. Bonds is garbage. He deserves our disdain and our apathy. What a sad day in major league history. There's nothing to celebrate, that's for sure. JERK.

Kinda odd, that no one from the opposing team shook hands with him as he rounded the bases. To me that means no respect from his fellow major leaguers

Edited by neilfish2

Bonds is so good he makes Gehrig seem like Brian Boitano and Dan Pastorini.

silly

That may be true, but what's the whole point fo following him around then? He can't even smile or clap or anything.........

am I the only one who doesn't read any of Flip_side's messages soley because of his avi?

am I the only one who doesn't read any of Flip_side's messages soley because of his avi?

Let me get done rubbing one out and I'll tell ya. :D

Did anyone see Bud Seligs reaction? If he can't even cheer, why is he there? His expression was completely blank....

Did you hear is "congratulatory" statement? How many people start talk about "ongoing investigations" when congratulating somebody? Selig's a f'n hypocrite. He had no problem with steroids/HGH when they were putting butts in the seats and making his league money back in the '90s.

It's too bad that Barry had to cheat to get here. His numbers before going on the juice (400 HRs, 400 SBs, 3 MVPs) had already made him a first-ballot HOFer. And it's too bad that he had to disrespect Hank Aaron, who dealt with the death threats and other blatant forms of racism with class and dignity. Barry doesn't know class or dignity.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Did you hear is "congratulatory" statement? How many people start talk about "ongoing investigations" when congratulating somebody? Selig's a f'n hypocrite. He had no problem with steroids/HGH when they were putting butts in the seats and making his league money back in the '90s.

It's too bad that Barry had to cheat to get here. His numbers before going on the juice (400 HRs, 400 SBs, 3 MVPs) had already made him a first-ballot HOFer. And it's too bad that he had to disrespect Hank Aaron, who dealt with the death threats and other blatant forms of racism with class and dignity. Barry doesn't know class or dignity.

Maybe I missed it but how did he disrespect Aaron?

As for the haters out there, maybe he did take steroids and maybe he just got a wakeup call and started working out cause he knew he wouldnt last much longer if he didnt. It is my understanding that Bonds never worked out and didnt take care of his body pre steroid era. Now I believe he has a dietician and works out regularly to keep healthy. I dont know for sure but that is what I understand. As for bulking up, when he came into the league he weighed about 185-190 and now he weighs about 220. So I guess guys cant gain that much weight on their own? Come on I have seen people gain way more than that legitimately.

Bonds is the best player ever and he was even before the allegations started. He has what 7 MVP awards....more than anyone. I think 9 Gold Gloves. He is the only player to have 500 HR and 500 SB and no one else even has 400HR and 400SB. Come on. They guy is phenomenal, as for the HR per AB a lot of that has to do with how many pitches he actually sees in a game. If he walks three times and gets one AB of course they are going to come more regularly.

Bonds does come across as a jerk, but I think I would to if I was in the spotlight like he is. I wouldnt want to deal with all the BS reporters throw at you. Be real and think about it for a minute we judge him based on how reporters tell us he acts. Reserve judgement until you meet these guys.

Maybe I missed it but how did he disrespect Aaron?

Um, like by breaking his HR record on the juice?

As for the haters out there, maybe he did take steroids and maybe he just got a wakeup call and started working out cause he knew he wouldnt last much longer if he didnt.

It's pretty obvious that Mr. Potatohead at least used HGH.

It is my understanding that Bonds never worked out and didnt take care of his body pre steroid era. Now I believe he has a dietician and works out regularly to keep healthy. I dont know for sure but that is what I understand. As for bulking up, when he came into the league he weighed about 185-190 and now he weighs about 220. So I guess guys cant gain that much weight on their own? Come on I have seen people gain way more than that legitimately.

Your understanding is wrong. Barry was and is a workout freak. And he weighs a lot more than 220.

Bonds does come across as a jerk, but I think I would to if I was in the spotlight like he is.

Barry was a jerk back when he was in high school and college as well. He got voted off of his college team (ASU) by his own teammates. What was his excuse back then?

Be real and think about it for a minute we judge him based on how reporters tell us he acts. Reserve judgement until you meet these guys.

I'd say that you need to pick up a book and do some research.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Um, like by breaking his HR record on the juice?

It's pretty obvious that Mr. Potatohead at least used HGH.

Your understanding is wrong. Barry was and is a workout freak. And he weighs a lot more than 220.

Barry was a jerk back when he was in high school and college as well. He got voted off of his college team (ASU) by his own teammates. What was his excuse back then?

I'd say that you need to pick up a book and do some research.

As for breaking a record "when on juice." Come on man, you and most people think he took it....but he hasnt failed a drug test and as far as I am concerned until he does I dont care. Another note on that is what about McGwire when he broke the single season record??? No one seemed to care then so why now? Oh, thats right, the mnedia doesnt like Bonds.

Can you tell me when HGH was against the rule sin MLB? Dont think it was until after all this shyte went down....so no rules broken there.

As for him being a workout freak...where are you getting your information from? From what I know about working out if he was a workout freak then he would have bulked up sooner. Anyone can gain weight if they work on it, maybe his workouts changed from conditioning to strength. How do you know he weighs more than 220? Thats what stats say....besides 220 is a big guy!

Who cares if he was a jerk....that doesnt make him less worthy of breaking a baseball record. Get over it, you dont like the guy fine....but dont let that affect how you look at him. There are plenty of guys in sports that are jerks and that doesnt affect how people look at their accomplishments on the field/court.

I'd say that you need to get off your high horse and look at things a little differently, he may not be the nicest guy, but he is at the very least a top 3 all time player....with or without any allegations or use of steroids.