[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson

biglou

Is LJ going to holdout? If so how long? LJ is a keeper of mine in my Keeper League. I think the Cheifs have to sign him they have no WR, a new QB, and most of all nobody behind him to take his place. Without LJ the Cheifs might end up with the 1st pick in next years draft. Is this me being hopeful or am I on the right track with this. Let me hear your thoughts.

IMO the Chiefs were at a "must win now" about 2 years ago as the O-line was old, Holmes was on his last leg, division sucked enough were they could get a good seed........now they are at a point were they keep pushing and trying to win NOW or they throw in the towel for the next two years, try and rebuild the O-Line, WR core and develop a QB. They could do this at the risk of NOT giving LJ the money that he is WORTH and using that cash for the rest of the team.

1.7 Mil is a joke for his numbers, but how much will it take to lock him down and how much longer will he be able to perform at the level of a top 5 back? I think the city of KC will demand that they pay him, they have a ton of pride and though they will still support an 8-8 team, they are ready to get over the hump and get back to a Super Bowl!!! I wish them well and pull for them every Sunday, SD and Den will make every season tough!!

I just find it hysterical that Herm was coaching the struggling Jets and left for what he thought was greener pastures in KC and now the Jets are competitive and up and coming and Herm is stuck with an instant replay of what he left in NY a team on the decline. Although maybe it's not the team, maybe it's the Head Coach? :D

Edited by irish

If there is not a new contract, he WILL hold out.

I agree with CD.

There's no way that LJ puts himself in line for another 400+ carry season if he isn't compensated in a significantly better way. Put yourself in his shoes - he'll be a FA next season because he's hit incentives necessary to do so (I believe, not absolutely sure about it). If he gets hurt, or if he get another year where he has that much work, he's hurt his value significantly on the open market.

Not sure what Peterson is waiting for - Johnson has clearly proven that he's the real deal. Why take a chance of pissing him off? Guys like Johnson don't grow on trees, and KC ought to be doing whatever is necessary to lock him up for his career. I know that with Peterson as cheap as he is as well as his conviction on principle about Johnson having a contract alreay that he's most likely going to not cave, but this guy is the exception to the rule.

I'd risk it to say that a Johnson holdout is a very real possibility. This isn't posturing going on here on either side.