[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do you think?

H8tank

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ahkmed be able to sue you if you tell someone at the airport you saw him kneeling towards mecha, rumaging in a backpack while chanting allah akbar, allah akbar!

• Yes, he should sue your ass, take your home and life savings and marry all your daughters!
    • NO, don't be stupid, due diligence will help thwart the next terrorist attack.

Democrats cut 'John Doe' provision

By Audrey Hudson

July 19, 2007

Congressional Democrats today failed to include a provision in homeland security legislation that would protect the public from being sued for reporting suspicious behavior that may lead to a terrorist attack, according to House Republican leaders.

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...N/70719001/1001

Unbeleivable...

Why would anyone ever need congress to make legislation to say "you can't sue for x".

If the case has no merit, it'll lose.

If the case is frivolous, it'll get thrown out of court and possibly punished.

If the courts don't work... address the actual problem rather than making a whole sh:tload of stupid new laws to enforce.

This is gay even for H8Tank. Stop believing what the right-wing radio guys tell you is an outrage, and use some thought of your own.

Is it so obvious they hate America?

:D

Who loves America now?

I do. I have always loved America. I hate that I am going to have to buy a turban. Can I buy one in Red/White/Blue?

This is gay even for H8Tank.

This is sad...not ghey.

• 3 months later...
A group of Iraqi Pentagon contractors is suing American Airlines claiming racial discrimination for delaying its flight,...

The lawsuit was filed by Mr. Al-Watan, Talal Cholagh, Ali Alzerej, Hassan Alzerej, Hussein Al-Salih and Mohammad Al-Saedy. The men are asking for a jury trial, financial damages and attorney fees.

The men also are suing the flight attendants, who are named in the complaint as "John Doe."

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../111080058/1002

A whole raft of Minneapolis lawyers have already volunteered to defend the passengers pro bono.

Let's hear it for the Lawyers..... :D :silence: ........ :D ......Well at least THOSE Minny Lawyers. :wacko:

Very likely, but will the passengers incur legal fees regardless of lawsuit progression?

No they don't...you have liability coverage on your homeowners which will/should help with some of the cost if you are being personally sued. Only thing that is not covered is libel/slander.

This is your answer? Are you insane?

No, answering a direct question about costs....but you are the one who is insane for even believing this will pass summary judgment.

BTW, how is the search for your balls going...your wife's purse isn't that big...after all...it has your balls in it...can't be that big.

Why would anyone ever need congress to make legislation to say "you can't sue for x".

If the case has no merit, it'll lose.

If the case is frivolous, it'll get thrown out of court and possibly punished.

If the courts don't work... address the actual problem rather than making a whole sh:tload of stupid new laws to enforce.

This is gay even for H8Tank. Stop believing what the right-wing radio guys tell you is an outrage, and use some thought of your own.

This seems to make a lot of sense. I agree with 4 months ago me.

I shouldn't have my right to sue anyone curtailed by anyone but a court of law.

Why do you republitards hate freedom so much?

I am a republican and agree with you totally, as do most republicans not in politics. All this is IS one political party trying to deface and make the other look un-american. Both sides do it so much that it makes working Americans take sides. Let policticians be politicians, but don't lump them in with real hard working American voters.

No they don't...you have liability coverage on your homeowners which will/should help with some of the cost if you are being personally sued. Only thing that is not covered is libel/slander.

Not true. Your homeowner's liability coverage only protects you from lawsuits if somone gets injured on your insured property or if your insured property somehow is the cause of the lawsuit. This would have absolutley nothing to do with your homeowner's insurance.

Not true. Your homeowner's liability coverage only protects you from lawsuits if somone gets injured on your insured property or if your insured property somehow is the cause of the lawsuit. This would have absolutley nothing to do with your homeowner's insurance.

This is what I thought as well...but I'm a renter so what the he11 do I know anyways.