[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whatcha listenin to

nuke'em ttg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uriah Heep Live

Back to 1975.... Waited an hour for UH, the 2nd act behind lead off of Boz Scaggs and just before the feature Rod Stewart at Norfolk Scope.... one of the guys in the band had broken his hand and we had to wait until he got back from the hospital for them to go on. By the middle of their first song they had pretty much emptied the Scope. Billed as the Loudest Band in the World they were that...but loud doesn't make up for talent. Rod Stewart apologized to the crowd and said he would probably never play with them on the bill again. Without a doubt the worst band I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.

I hope they sound better on CD than they do live.... or at least have improved from what they were then. :D

Back to 1975.... Waited an hour for UH, the 2nd act behind lead off of Boz Scaggs and just before the feature Rod Stewart at Norfolk Scope.... one of the guys in the band had broken his hand and we had to wait until he got back from the hospital for them to go on. By the middle of their first song they had pretty much emptied the Scope. Billed as the Loudest Band in the World they were that...but loud doesn't make up for talent. Rod Stewart apologized to the crowd and said he would probably never play with them on the bill again. Without a doubt the worst band I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.

I hope they sound better on CD than they do live.... or at least have improved from what they were then. :D

What was the little venue in Virginia Beach (I think or Norfolk). Great acoustics, little dome, saw James Gang there in about '71 or 72'.

What was the little venue in Virginia Beach (I think or Norfolk). Great acoustics, little dome, saw James Gang there in about '71 or 72'.

Was downtown Norfolk. Wasn't hugh like Hampton Roads but it was adequate. :D Lots of great acts came through there...including Dr. J and the Squires. LOL

Was downtown Norfolk. Wasn't hugh like Hampton Roads but it was adequate. :D Lots of great acts came through there...including Dr. J and the Squires. LOL

Thanks sky that was it. I believe the Hampton Roads venue was just being built at the time. Of course I could be wrong. :D

Thanks sky that was it. I believe the Hampton Roads venue was just being built at the time. Of course I could be wrong. :D

Think it was too. Got to Norfolk in '72 and don't think HR was finished yet.... but then my memory isn't all that great for stuff like that either. :D

Funny...(to address the topic here) yesterday I was listening to some of the groups we saw at Scope and HR. Stones, Stewart... and others.

Old Crow medicine show.

:D

ive got a mixed cd going with the band, traffic, hot tuna, jerry, the dead,bob,ac/dc/,phish,goonie birds, carlos, jerry and merle, little feat, they might be giants, crash test dummies and couple i cant remember right now ..

Got into some James Gang when i was flippin through Eagles stuff........didn't know Joe Walsh was in the Gang :D ...........ended with some Rod Stewart..........will hit Uriah Heap taday

This is what I have in my DVD player right now..... great early morning tunes:

Faster Than the Speed of Night - Bonnie Tyler

LA Woman - Doors

Ommadawn, Pt. 1 - Mike Oldfield

Baba O'Riley - The Who

Barabajagal - Donovan

Bat Out Of Hell - Meat Loaf

Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band

Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) - Meat Loaf

To Be a Lover - Billy Idol

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

White Wedding, Pt. 1 - Billy Idol

Turn On Your Love Light - Greg Allman

Try (Just a Little Bit Harder) - Janis Joplin

Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones

Tubular Bells, Pt. 1 - Mike Oldfield

Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

Devil With the Blue Dress - Mitch Ryder

Dirty Water - The Standells

Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Gloria - Them

Have You Ever Seen the Rain? - Bonnie Tyler

Hold On! I'm Comin' - Herbie Mann

I Need Your Lovin' - Don and Dee Dee Ford

I'm Crying - The Animals

Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) - The Hollies

Love the One You're With - Crosby, Stills and Nash

Money - Pink Floyd

Mountain Jam - The Allman Brothers Band

This is also the smallest DVD I have in there.... (5 disc changer) The other four are too long to list.

I think you were pretty unlucky. I saw Heep twice in the early to mid 70s and they were very good indeed both times. The live album is great, showing what they could really do.

Just heading to my car. Gonna pop in some he Dregs.

Anyone else a fan?

btw, fka The Dixie Dregs

:D featuring Steve Morse, awesome guitar player, great instrumental only band (for the most part)

Saw them at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz,CA sometime in the early eighties performing as The Dregs

Edited by slambo