[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Checklist of Chit to get done before moving to Philippines

Cyclones

So Thursday was my last day at my current job. Since I am leaving for the Philippines on July 30th for three weeks before returning to close on my house, I decided to spend my week + off getting stuff done that should have been done years ago. On Friday I had my 4 wisdom teeth yanked (my dentist told me to have this done about 8 years ago, but I procrastinated instead.) One of the lower teeth was impacted really badly and my maxillofacial surgeon showed me in the x-ray how a nerve was wrapped and intertwined with both roots. He said there was a slight chance that permanent nerve damage would be caused that could lead to some numbness in my lower lip. Well, after the surgery he tells the wife that he got it out clean, no damage, and that once the freezing wore off I should be fine. It's been 18 hours since the surgery and I'm still drooling like Cliaz at a Goth skank party....anyone had this done and still been had a numb lip this long afterwards?

Monday's task isnt too fun either, I gotta drive to Windsor with my plane ticket and beg the passport office to expedite for me. If they won't do it, its off to Toronto to pay $999 to a private firm for same day service.

Still a Canadian citizen? And they have passport problems too?

They've got a 15 week delay if you mail in....if you appear in person with proof of travel, it is to the office's discretion, but can be done in a few days. If the folks in Windsor decide that my flight for a new job is not an emergency, there is a private company called Immigroup in Toronto that can get me one same day, but its a grand.

They've got a 15 week delay if you mail in....if you appear in person with proof of travel, it is to the office's discretion, but can be done in a few days. If the folks in Windsor decide that my flight for a new job is not an emergency, there is a private company called Immigroup in Toronto that can get me one same day, but its a grand.

Go to Windsor while you're drooling uncontrollably . Maybe they'll give you a break.

Two thumbs up to the Windsor passport office, I arrived at 1pm, waited for one hour, turned my documentation in, waited for them to reach my guarantor and references, and had the passport by 3:30.

And I can feel my lip again.