[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wolf Pack will challenge for the Atlantic Division

PantherDave

http://www.gopack.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_...amp;SPSID=41953

When Tom O'Brien arrived at NC State....he said the cupboard was left full, as Amato could definently recruit. He basically said it needed some coaching up, something Chuck'em relied on his coordinators to do. I say with the schedule as it lay's out for the Pack that O'Brien will take the Atlantic division this year in the ACC.

I believe the Pack will head to Tallahassee 5-0 as well.

Edited by PantherDave

http://www.gopack.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_...amp;SPSID=41953

When Tom O'Brien arrived at NC State....he said the cupboard was left full, as Amato could definently recruit. He basically said it needed some coaching up, something Chuck'em relied on his coordinators to do. I say with the schedule as it lay's out for the Pack that O'Brien will take the Atlantic division this year in the ACC.

I believe the Pack will head to Tallahassee 5-0 as well.

This is what makes preseason great. Even the Wolfpack fans are talking trash. :D

As usual FSU in the Atlantic and either VT or Miami in the Coastal. I agree with VT in the Coastal, but just don't understand the love for FSU. I think the Noles D will be good but nothing like the FSU of old. The Terps and the Pack will have a say in the Atlantic.

living in ACC territory, NC State, I don' t think so.

Amato left just as much talent at NC State...and speed, equal to any other ACC team, but they lacked good coaching and discipline, which is something O'Brein brings in spades. I look simply at the talent the Pack does have and they can make a run at the Atlantic, for FSU is vastily over-rated this year, Wake was a senior laden program(whom won the Atlantic Div and the Conference last year, so if Wake can, anybody can) who will be a shell of it's former self, the Terps are no more skilled than the Pack, likewise with Clemson, and BC lost O'Brein who knows the weak points of BC inside and out. So, don't be surprised to see the Wolf Pack make a run at the Atlantic title.

Edited by PantherDave

Amato left just as much talent at NC State...and speed, equal to any other ACC team, but they lacked good coaching and discipline, which is something O'Brein brings in spades. I look simply at the talent the Pack does have and they can make a run at the Atlantic, for FSU is vastily over-rated this year, Wake was a senior laden program(whom won the Atlantic Div and the Conference last year, so if Wake can, anybody can) who will be a shell of it's former self, the Terps are no more skilled than the Pack, likewise with Clemson, and BC lost O'Brein who knows the weak points of BC inside and out. So, don't be surprised to see the Wolf Pack make a run at the Atlantic title.

all legit points, that being said, I would not only be surprised, but shocked if the Pack makes a serious run at the Atlantic. Give O'Brein a year to "coach 'em up" and he could very well have them making a run in '08

FSU's offense will be much improved with the overhaul in coaching. I'm geeked with what Fisher, Tricket and Dawsey are going to do. The fact that Jimbo Fisher will now be calling the plays over jeff bowden :D is huge. Plus, the QB's will actually get some actual coaching once again instead of regressing each year as has been the custom since Marc Rict left. My main concern with FSU is if we have the horses at o line. I think Trickett will get the most out of them though. They are all a lot lighter this year that is for sure. I think 9-3 is a pretty realistic for us this year. We have a brutal schedule especially in November. Also concerned about playing at Clemson right off the bat. Not sure our offense will be on the same page yet. However, by the time NC State rolls in to town we should be more than ready :D:D

Clemson has better talent than the Pack. Hell, maybe more than FSU as well. Fortunately the coaching has been suspect over there.