[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Decision to Cut Vick due This Week

The Wolf

I'm guessing that they will NOT cut him. But I've been way off on all of the Vick speculation so far.

I think the Falcons will suspend him, and I think the NFL will suspend him on top of that. The trick will be whether Vick wants to cooperate by staying away from Training Camp. I'm guessing Vick would still want to participate in TC with the sick hope that he might get seriously injured (again) so that he can continue to collect his pay check.

They might be obligated to pay him a portion of his annual salary, but I dont think its the whole thing.

I doubt they'd pay him a dime....conversely, they'd go after him for a large chunk of his signing bonus, based on him not living up top the ethical portions of his contract.

I doubt they'd pay him a dime....conversely, they'd go after him for a large chunk of his signing bonus, based on him not living up top the ethical portions of his contract.

Uh, NO. That's the only way the NFLPA could get involved.

When did everybody (except BB, apparently) become completely dumb about NFL contracts? Blank can cut Vick anytime he wants. Vick already got the "guaranteed money" from his last contract.

Start going after the money you've already paid the man, and, yeah, the NFLPA can start screaming about due process. But you don't need a legal reason to cut a player. C'mon fellas -- use your noggins.

But you don't need a legal reason to cut a player. C'mon fellas -- use your noggins.

Well that's not entirely true. They can cut him at any time for bad performance, but not for disciplinary reasons. As a team, the most that they can do in terms of disciplining his behavior is to impose a 4 game suspension.

When did everybody (except BB, apparently) become completely dumb about NFL contracts? Blank can cut Vick anytime he wants. Vick already got the "guaranteed money" from his last contract.

Start going after the money you've already paid the man, and, yeah, the NFLPA can start screaming about due process. But you don't need a legal reason to cut a player. C'mon fellas -- use your noggins.

Uh, yeah, that's why I said I doubt they ever pay him another dime.

And you gives a puss if the NFLPA starts screaming? that's their job, to protect player rights. But just because they will try to protect Vck's rights, it doesn't mean they will be successful.

Neither you nor I know the exact language of Vick's contract. But I'd wager a buck that it states that if Vick is found guilty of a felony (or conduct unbecoming the team), the Falcons reserve the right to go after a pro-rated portion of his upfront signing bonus.

Well that's not entirely true. They can cut him at any time for bad performance, but not for disciplinary reasons. As a team, the most that they can do in terms of disciplining his behavior is to impose a 4 game suspension.

They can cut him at any time and not give any reason at all for doing so. They only way they would violate the CBA is if they did cut him AND admitted that it was due to disciplinary reasons.

Agreed. A team does not need to give a reason to cut a player.

And I don't see the NFLPA saying anything at all if Ron Mexico gets cut. They have enough of a PR black eye from the recent healthcare-for-veterans issue. Upshaw & Co. would lose all credibility if they went on a tirade about the circumstances over which Vick were cut.

All they have to say is look at his completion percentage. How many starting QB's in the league have a completion percentage as low as his?

The NFL could suspend him but NFL Live (Mort)said Blank resists paying him and if they did suspend it would go to arbitration. There is simple solution unless Vick voluntarily leaves.

If he is paid the negative is Blank pays for his legal defense.

I hope Goodell suspends him. Or the league finds a salary cap waiver if he is released.

VICK WILL NOT BE RELEASED

I remember when I was 13 and thought I had the world all figured out.

At this point, I have a new appreciation for my fathers patience during those times...........

At this point, I have a new appreciation for my fathers patience during those times...........

:D

Yesterday my 11 year old step-daughter started crying... we were in the car going to play mini-golf... she started getting all bossy saying that we missed a turn and were going the wrong way... my wife pointed out to her that we in fact were NOT going the wrong way, and that we hadn't even told her where it was that we were going... so she started crying because, get this, "I don't like to be told that I'm wrong!"

:D We couldn't help ourselves but to laugh at that.

Yesterday my 11 year old step-daughter started crying... we were in the car going to play mini-golf... she started getting all bossy saying that we missed a turn and were going the wrong way... my wife pointed out to her that we in fact were NOT going the wrong way, and that we hadn't even told her where it was that we were going... so she started crying because, get this, "I don't like to be told that I'm wrong!"

:D We couldn't help ourselves but to laugh at that.

In 7 years you can set her up with Broncos. :D