[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Treated lumber

H8tank

I would let it dry for a month or so, and then apply a stain. Presure treated may last 20 years without anything done to it, but it will check, crack, warp and look like arse if you don't.

Yep, and splinter like a beyatch, and if that happens, you'll have to sand the fokker and start over again, which is a royal pain in the arse, and real good for the lungs as well.

You should have stared asking questions before you built it Mr. Watson.

#1... Redwood sounds expensive, and I don't know where I'd get that around here.

#2... This is an afterthought, I like the rugged look, hell the deck itself looks like grizzly adams built it. :D

#1... Redwood sounds expensive, and I don't know where I'd get that around here.

#2... This is an afterthought, I like the rugged look, hell the deck itself looks like grizzly adams built it. :D

polar and jack pine will rot very fast

Sealer... can I spray it on?

You can Spray it. I just rebuild my deck. I was going to spray the sealer on but my neighbor said that if you spray it on it will not last as long as putting it on with a cloth pad. I just sealed the deck using the cloth pad and it turned out very well.

You can Spray it. I just rebuild my deck. I was going to spray the sealer on but my neighbor said that if you spray it on it will not last as long as putting it on with a cloth pad. I just sealed the deck using the cloth pad and it turned out very well.

I bought a sprayer when I first put mine up. If there's the least bit of wind it a terrible experience, the stain is so thin it doesn't take much for it to go back in your face. I used it about 15 minutes then put it back in the box and used the brush. The sprayer been in the cellar for the last 12 or so years.