[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:uponsoapbox:

cliaz

I’ve been seeing more and more of these shows about morbidly obese people and really obese and fat people who are getting that surgery to have their stomachs size reduced to lose weight. Now I fully understand that there are plenty of cases where this can be the only avenue of treatment for some people who are just so large and have the on set of Diabetes, high blood pressure and all of that. But there are way too many people who are getting this done who very well lost the weight themselves.

Example, I’m watching this show called Big Medicine. They just had this guy on there that had to lose 75lbs to get the surgery. Okay, so he loses that much weight, why can’t he continue and lose the remaining 300 lbs? Because he wants the fast fix. People rather have surgery and not change their life style that much [e.g. eating until they feel full] then work hard at losing weight the healthy way.

Sometimes the American “Bigger, Better, Faster, Now” mentality is just wrong. We have become that lazy of a society that we have the highest ranking of obese people in the world and the highest rate of surgery for morbidly obese and obese people.

Stop eating fast food and large portion, get out and walk a mile a night and stop drinking 30 sodas a day.

However there are people who need to have this surgery and there are people who can’t push away from the table because of addiction. I am fully aware of this.

:offsoapbox: