[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On-line Dating sites?

Jackass

I'm sure i'll get my fair share of smart a$$ comments, but has anyone tried to meek chicks off of any of these sites and are there any that you would recommend. Or are they not worth my time and money?

They are worth every penny. Meet a woman in a bar and she could have a thousand things going on in her life. Divorced, separated, kids, wants kids, the options are many. Pick your list of search options and have at it... rejection isn't a variable. If you send a woman an e-mail and get no response... meh... she was prolly a biatch anyway. Spin the wheel, just make sure you play the game correctly. I'm not new to this, so here's a few tips:

1) "Athletic and toned" is a safe bet she's thin. "Slender" is fairly safe, and even "about average" can be safe (you'd be surprised how some women think they're about average when they're pretty hot, and how others are fat and think they're about average)... curvy = fat. "A few extra pounds" = really fat. Best to look at the pics she's posted and whether or not you can see the lower half.

2) Always set up a breakfast date for date #1. It's not threatening at all, it's cheap, and if it works then you pony up for the big show some other time. If it doesn't work you're out in under an hour, and if it works you have the rest of the day to go do stuff.

3) Don't lie about anything... you don't have to.

4) Send e-mails with depth. Don't be the generic nimrod that likes walks on the beach and cuddeling... be a man.... it's what they want. The more attractive a woman is, the more she needs confidence.

5) If you're normally sarcastic, be sarcasitc. If you have no sense of hughmor, get one... you'll need it.

6) Post recent pics of yourself. You are you after all, and if you're a poser it will fail you.

Lastly, try many sites out... the investment is paltry when compared to getting strange... I mean... er, meeting "the one"... I actually mean that. If you want to find the one you'll represent it. If you want something else, represent that... she will too. It's a fun game sometimes, but you gotta like drama.

I hooked up with my wife at a bar. Hot chicks are drunker at bars, I find.

The Bar thing worked for me too.

I worked at the same place as my wife when we met but we didnt know each other at all. That is until I ran into her at a Bar. The rest is history.

I'm sure i'll get my fair share of smart a$$ comments, but has anyone tried to meek chicks off of any of these sites and are there any that you would recommend. Or are they not worth my time and money?

They are worth every penny. Meet a woman in a bar and she could have a thousand things going on in her life. Divorced, separated, kids, wants kids, the options are many. Pick your list of search options and have at it... rejection isn't a variable. If you send a woman an e-mail and get no response... meh... she was prolly a biatch anyway. Spin the wheel, just make sure you play the game correctly. I'm not new to this, so here's a few tips:

1) "Athletic and toned" is a safe bet she's thin. "Slender" is fairly safe, and even "about average" can be safe (you'd be surprised how some women think they're about average when they're pretty hot, and how others are fat and think they're about average)... curvy = fat. "A few extra pounds" = really fat. Best to look at the pics she's posted and whether or not you can see the lower half.

2) Always set up a breakfast date for date #1. It's not threatening at all, it's cheap, and if it works then you pony up for the big show some other time. If it doesn't work you're out in under an hour, and if it works you have the rest of the day to go do stuff.

4) Send e-mails with depth. Don't be the generic nimrod that likes walks on the beach and cuddeling... be a man.... it's what they want. The more attractive a woman is, the more she needs confidence.

5) If you're normally sarcastic, be sarcasitc. If you have no sense of hughmor, get one... you'll need it.

6) Post recent pics of yourself. You are you after all, and if you're a poser it will fail you.

Lastly, try many sites out... the investment is paltry when compared to getting strange... I mean... er, meeting "the one"... I actually mean that. If you want to find the one you'll represent it. If you want something else, represent that... she will too. It's a fun game sometimes, but you gotta like drama.

Apparently you meet women just like Thews...

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated. Have you found any sites in particular better than others? Or does it not really matter? (i've already tried sheeps.com)

one word of advice......dont use your huddle name on the site

I met my wife on Yahoo.

We've been married for 3+ years so everything I have to say is from a few years ago.

Yahoo was pretty active but also lots of fakes. Way more guys than girls. Girls rarely answer your ad but you have to have one so they can check you out. My best results was catching one online and IM'ing them directly. In 2 years I probably met (in person) close to a dozen girls this way.

EHarmony was much better, as far as filtering out the fakes, but they only gave you 1-2 matches at a time. Can be frustrating if you're impatient. Very good site, biased towards Christians.

I also goofed around on match.com and some others with not much luck.

Apparently you meet women just like Thews...

I am not a woman you bastage.

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated. Have you found any sites in particular better than others? Or does it not really matter? (i've already tried sheeps.com)

They're all the same... just stay away from sheep.

I just realized that Thews is the most self-actualized individual I've ever (psuedo) known.

I love you too... you know... in a non-ghey mannish way :D .

I met my wife on Yahoo.

We've been married for 3+ years so everything I have to say is from a few years ago.

Yahoo was pretty active but also lots of fakes. Way more guys than girls. Girls rarely answer your ad but you have to have one so they can check you out. My best results was catching one online and IM'ing them directly. In 2 years I probably met (in person) close to a dozen girls this way.

EHarmony was much better, as far as filtering out the fakes, but they only gave you 1-2 matches at a time. Can be frustrating if you're impatient. Very good site, biased towards Christians.

I also goofed around on match.com and some others with not much luck.

Dude-

Your story was sort of amazing IMO. The internet is world wide but you and your wife happened to live in the same city and also go to the same church (now I feel like Big John :D ).

You are definitely a success story.

:D

OK, only a semi- :D

I met my wife THROUGH Yahoo Personals, sorta. I was on match.com (got a free 6-month membership) and Yahoo! Personals (got it free through my DSL provider) and found both to be about the same.

I met this chick who was from the same city as where I was, grew up there, etc... it wasn't in the cards for us, but she said "hey, you should meet my friend". Friend ended up being the wife. The girl's one of our good friends, her maid of honor, blah blah blah.

Good luck - I've heard both good and bad stories from friends/co-workers who have tried this route. The multiple dimension matching at e-Harmony sounds intriguing, as long as the physical attraction on the first date is there too.

I still think meeting at a party or dinner through a mutual friend is the best way to meet your spouse/S.O., but that's just me. If I had to rank them, I'd go like this:

1. Low key get together through mutual friends

2. Work or school situation (although obvious downsides here too) - including 10 or 20 year reunions

3. Hobby - gym, beach, outdoor sport, charity volunteering, etc.

4. Top pay site like e-Harmony

5. Myspace or other online networking site

6. Bars

7. Chance meeting - in a grocery store, etc.

But many here have made the bar thing work, I guess.....

I met my wife through an internet personal.

At the time I had tried several sites. I met her through theoneandonly.com, and honestly I can't recall much of the other sites.

However you slice it, all of the sites out there are going to have good and bad ads/people. There are scammers everywhere, people are not honest in their dealings, and if you just bear that in mind you will do fine anywhere. Anywhere that isn't a free site. Pay the money for a real site.

I dunno about the whole breakfast date thing. I guess if you are pinching your nickles and worried about the tab that's fine, but for me meeting a woman over eggs would not even be on the list.

JMO, with online dating you have the chance to write to as many women as you like and see what kind of chemistry you can develop. There doesn't need to be a rush to meet unless you are just another guy trying to dip his pen in as many ink pots as possible. And the women are very defensive about that because of the number of players online.

If you really want to meet someone you click with, take your time about it. I wrote to lots of women and had lots of nice correspondence, and maybe only met a third of the women I exchanged emails with. My wife wrote to me, which was a nice way to start as guys get significantly fewer notes than the women do.

Be honest about what's important to you and why, and you'll do fine. Take your time to sniff out the ladies from those that do not qualify as a lady and you will do fine.

Good luck - I've heard both good and bad stories from friends/co-workers who have tried this route. The multiple dimension matching at e-Harmony sounds intriguing, as long as the physical attraction on the first date is there too.

I still think meeting at a party or dinner through a mutual friend is the best way to meet your spouse/S.O., but that's just me. If I had to rank them, I'd go like this:

1. Low key get together through mutual friends

2. Work or school situation (although obvious downsides here too) - including 10 or 20 year reunions

3. Hobby - gym, beach, outdoor sport, charity volunteering, etc.

4. Top pay site like e-Harmony

5. Myspace or other online networking site

6. Bars

7. Chance meeting - in a grocery store, etc.

But many here have made the bar thing work, I guess.....

This makes sense when you’re younger, but after 30 life situations complicate things immensely, and after 40 it’s much different scenario. A chance meeting would be the most comfortable, because you’re face-to-face. When kids are involved, there’s less free time to put yourself in situations to meet people. The whole concept of finding someone who lives near you that’s looking for a relationship is statistically improved by doing the on line thing, and it really doesn’t surprise me that KevinL met his wife on line when they went to the same church.

I dunno about the whole breakfast date thing. I guess if you are pinching your nickles and worried about the tab that's fine, but for me meeting a woman over eggs would not even be on the list.

It’s not about pinching pennies, it’s really about being comfortable. You can wear whatever you want for breakfast, and the date itself isn’t a big production. If it’s not a good match, it’s over in an hour. If it is a good match, then you plan the big production second date… “second” being the operative word. Meeting someone you only know about via their on-line persona is a risk, because if either person is painting a picture that isn’t quite accurate it’ll only be realized when you actually meet. Meeting for breakfast is actually more comfortable for the woman IMO, because it’s broad daylight. Seriously, if it’s a good match, you go do something and if you hit it off the second date will be much more comfortable.