[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On-line Dating sites?

Jackass

It’s not about pinching pennies, it’s really about being comfortable. You can wear whatever you want for breakfast, and the date itself isn’t a big production. If it’s not a good match, it’s over in an hour. If it is a good match, then you plan the big production second date… “second” being the operative word. Meeting someone you only know about via their on-line persona is a risk, because if either person is painting a picture that isn’t quite accurate it’ll only be realized when you actually meet. Meeting for breakfast is actually more comfortable for the woman IMO, because it’s broad daylight. Seriously, if it’s a good match, you go do something and if you hit it off the second date will be much more comfortable.

Yes, I see that is your opinion, and I am disagreeing with it unless you are worries about over spending or something. And even then I would recommend meeting for coffee or a drink versus a breakfast meal. I am not saying that it didn't work for you, I am saying that I don't believe this to be universally good way to go about it. Meals are messy, and people are self conscious when they eat in front pf people they are trying to impress. I would avoid sitting right down to a meal as much as I could. Women do not generally like to eat in front of men they don't know and are potentially romantically interested in. There are many more things to do in daylight than eat. That is one part of your recommendation that I agree with. Having a day date allows her to be more comfortable with her safety.

More to the point, if you read all that I wrote I suggest not just meeting people casually. Get to know someone before you go out and meet. Sending and reading email only costs time, and a phone conversation or two is inexpensive. The person is either going to exchange a recent picture with you or have it shown that they are not an honest person right up front, and at that point you walk away.

If you take the time to get to know the person, you can do something a little bit more fun than sitting, eating and talking, and those things can help to break the "in person" ice.

As Dr. House says, everybody lies. An online personna is not going to be 100% accurate. A first date personna is not going to be 100% accurate. Everyone worth meeting is going to try and put their best foot forward in the beginning. Only time is going to sift through that facade.

Mr. Cliche would point out that there is more than one way to skin a cat. Your way may work fine for you, I am just trying to present an alternative viewpoint :D

I hooked up with mine at a karaoke bar. Loser.

Are you saying that you hooked up with yours was a karaoke bar? Or did I mention before that that was where I met mine.

Because it actually was a karaoke bar. I wasn't singing though. Just doing shots and staring at boobs.

Are you saying that you hooked up with yours was a karaoke bar? Or did I mention before that that was where I met mine.

We went looking for a stripper party in st.augustine, couldn't find it, got pissed and drove back to jax. Stopped at the first open place, was a bar called Micky's I think, all we wanted was beer and tequila, but they had some hot coeds, so we stayed. I found a petite one without kids... and here I am ten years later. :D

editors note: no longer petite without kids :D

Sister was dating a younger fraternity brother of mine.

They set me up on a blind date with his sister.

Our first date was their last date; they broke up five days later.

If I was single now, I'd have no reservations about using something like e-harmony or whatever ... I'm a busy guy with not much time to fart around hoping for the best at local bars or singles-groups at church.