[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arthur Blank to speak at 4 PM EST

DMD

Goodell found that it was against the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. Goodell holds more cards than the Falcons do.

He's the freaking commissioner! What do you think, he has some sort of personal vendetta againse this moran?? Be thankful he "holds more cards than the Falcons" because if he left it up to Blank, Vick would have been released already. Bank on it.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the freaking commissioner! What do you think, he has some sort of personal vendetta againse this moran?? Be thankful he "holds more cards than the Falcons" because if he left it up to Blank, Vick would have been released already. Bank on it.

Never said he did. And never said I think it was a wrong decision. But I don't think he would've been released. 4 game suspension seems definete though. But if Vick can't be there a release surely is an option. New offense and he needs reps.

:D

What are you two debating? All the NFL is doing is sweeping Vick under the rug until the Feds are done with him. Goodell allowed Blank to save face while giving the outward appearance that he's dealing with the situation, when in fact all he's doing is stalling.

If the Feds indict Vick, you can bet that Goodell will extend the suspension until the trial takes place, or until Vick pleas outs, whichever comes first. It shouldn't take to long either way, it's my understanding that this case is being fast-tracked.

Edited by Bronco Billy

What are you two debating? All the NFL is doing is sweeping Vick under the rug until the Feds are done with him. Goddell allowed Blank to save face while giving the outward appearance that he's dealing with the situation, when in fact all he's doing is stalling.

If the Feds indict Vick, you can bet that Goddell will extend the suspension until the trial takes place, or until Vick pleas outs, whichever comes first. It shouldn't take to long either way, it's my understanding that this case is being fast-tracked.

Goodell. :D

I was disappointed in the press conference. About all that was said was that Blank wanted a 4 game suspension but the Commish told him to hold off. Is it just me or does that just sound like posturing, trying to plug the whole in a dam with a finger?

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.

It never fails to amuse me that people who are pissed off about certain topics being posted are regular readers of the topic and often post in them, thereby increasing both their length & longevity.

It never fails to amuse me that people who are pissed off about certain topics being posted are regular readers of the topic and often post in them, thereby increasing both their length & longevity.

It amazes me (and sometime entertains) to see people get pissed off about anything on a message board. :D

i think blank wanted the 4 game suspension so it would seem like action had been taken, thus decreasing the odds of any further suspension. goodell, intent on being the tough new sherriff in town, said hold on. vick will probably plead guilty to something, goodell will slap him with a year suspension, and vick will be back with the falcons in 2008. that is my best prediction, but who the hell knows at this point.

Edited by Azazello1313

i think blank wanted the 4 game suspension so it would seem like action had been taken, thus decreasing the odds of any further suspension. goodell, intent on being the tough new sherriff in town, said hold on. vick will probably plead guilty to something, goodell will slap him with a year suspension, and vick will be back with the falcons in 2008. that is my best prediction, but who the hell knows at this point.

I would guess that is the most likely. Unless Vick gets convicted and has a sentence that would extend into next year.

Wonder if Vick would roll over on others? He is the one out a TON of money from this (not that money means that much to him anymore). He probably can't or he would lose his rep with his hoodies.

Added to the Bonds thing is that baseball itself turned a blind eye to steroids for a long time. They weren't banned for a long time. And so many players use it, Bonds is just one among many, and by far the best.

Yeah, unfortunately I can't complain about what Barry Bonds did, because it was within the rules of the game at the time as far as I understand it. If we nail Bonds, Scosia and Mcguire for steroids, do we start putting asterisks in the record books next to guys like Cy Young because he probably threw spitters and shine balls simply because he played when it was legal to do that?

The real perpetrators in the baseball steroids scam were the owners, who wanted to get people back into the stadiums after the 1994 strike, the fans who payed to watch home run derbies instead of baseball without asking questions and the sportswriters who didn't ask any questions.

Does look like he's gonna be suspended 4 games by ATL. Damn it. Tomorrow should be a big day.

Son, a 4 game suspension is the tip of the ice berg. Vick will never don a Falcon uni again, so I'd just settle in and get used to the now.

What are you talking about? Vick can challenge Goodell's decisions all he wants. It's called the NFL Players Association. Pacman was going to appeal but he dropped it. Who knows if the NFLPA would even defend Vick though.

Not sure the NFLPA wants PETA and the ASPCA picketing outside their offices for the next year.

Vick's placed everyone in a bad spot, and people basically just want him to go away and be quiet.

What are you two debating? All the NFL is doing is sweeping Vick under the rug until the Feds are done with him. Goodell allowed Blank to save face while giving the outward appearance that he's dealing with the situation, when in fact all he's doing is stalling.

If the Feds indict Vick, you can bet that Goodell will extend the suspension until the trial takes place, or until Vick pleas outs, whichever comes first. It shouldn't take to long either way, it's my understanding that this case is being fast-tracked.

Vick's lawyers will move to stretch it out though, because they want to get the trial as far away from the current media circus as possible. More time also helps set up a deal where Vick will turn state's evidence against other dog-fighting operations in return for some kind of slap on the wrist and a note from the Justice Department saying that he is a good citizen who payed his debt to society.