[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newer fandangled washers & dryers and how I saved $875

Puddy

Dryer to a dump recently. Mrs. Puddy has been eyeballing one of those front-loading washers for a while so instead of replacing just the dryer, we opted to go forward with this baby and it's matching dryer. They are not cheap by any means (washer = $1400, dryer = $1050, pedestals = $400, 4-year warranty $150 - total = $3,000). However I did get $775 off in the following manner:

Lowes was advertising 0% interest and no payments for 6 months so I wanted to charge them. It had been so long since I used their card that my account was canceled. No big deal just open a new one. I did which got me an unexpected 10% back. Savings = $300

They were supposed to deliver next day. They called and said they couldn't make it until the following day. No problem, they'd be there between 12:00 and 2:00. They didn't show up until 6:30 (after several calls from the wife I told her to tell them we will just return them if we find them somewhere else for the same price). Manager offers to give us the pedestals for free. Savings = $400

Last night I went back to Lowes for other items and noticed they were offering gift cards for appliance purchases. Amounts determined by price of appliances. They incentive went into effect the morning after we purchased ours. Talked to the manager and bam, gift cards allowed. Savings = $175.

So a $3,000 expected purchase turned into $2,125. :D

Oh and those machines are truly amazing. Quiet as can be and from what I understand really energy efficient (the washer used 1/3 the amount of water a traditional washer uses).

We've got front loaders... I hate them! They save on water use apparantly, but I absolutely hate trying to pull the wet laundry out of the front of those things... half of the clean clothes end up falling out on the floor, and EVERY single time the pants and/or shirts get tangled up into a giant laundry rope so you have to pull 10 things out at the same time and untangle them before throwing them in the dryer. I almost wish our washer was old so we could replace it with a top loader... unfortunately that damn thing will probably be around to torment me for a long time to come. :tup::D

Edit: Oh, but I'm sure YOUR'S are nice! :D

Edited by Savage Beatings

We've got front loaders... I hate them! They save on water use apparantly, but I absolutely hate trying to pull the wet laundry out of the front of those things... half of the clean clothes end up falling out on the floor, and EVERY single time the pants and/or shirts get tangled up into a giant laundry rope so you have to pull 10 things out at the same time and untangle them before throwing them in the dryer. I almost wish our washer was old so we could replace it with a top loader... unfortunately that damn thing will probably be around to torment me for a long time to come. :tup::D

isn't that what women are for? :D

I recently went through the same deal. Dryer went out, so I ponied up for the efficient front loaders. The only issue I’ve read about is the washers. When they spin, they tend to walk and vibrate like heck. From what I’ve read about these washers, connectors can shake loose over time. Other than that, they’re quiet and much more efficient. Also, I’ve found using less “HE” soap is better (I don’t fill it up to the line on a full load).

This sounds like something my wife would say. "I saved $50 by buying four pair of shoes instead of one."

:D

The difference being that I already ponied up the 3k and the savings came after the fact.

Oh and Savage -

We don't have the giant laundry rope issue. This machine spends a few minutes rotating slowly clockwise and then counter clockwise after the spin cycle to get the clothes apart. Works nicely. Not sure why you drop half your clothes. I remember a thread about your unique ability to catch things before they hit the floor.

Talk to you guys in a couple of days. We are off to beautiful :D Sandusky, Ohio for our annual Kalihariresort visit with the kids.

Let's just say this isn't the first time Puddy has gone overboard on purchases :D

Washer & dryer

Telescope AKA cannonball shooter

Pogo stick

Power washer

Kid's bikes

And I'm sure other's I'm not thinking of right now........Of course when it comes to vehicles....he goes out and buys a Honda, why does Puddy hate America :D

Edited by ChuckB