[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with the 7th pick

arw0728

Never, ever think of manning as an option in the 1st round. The choice is between Westy and Addai and I'd go with Westy. I have him ranked higher but not by much. I wouldn't blame you if you went with Addai.

Anyone of the 3 RBs you listed would be a good pick there. Manning wouldn't.

I'd put them in order as: 1) Westy, 2) Parker, & 3) Addai, but I could understand and concede points to arguments that had any of those 3 guys listed ahead of the other two.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Anyone of the 3 RBs you listed would be a good pick there. Manning wouldn't.

I'd put them in order as: 1) Westy, 2) Parker, & 3) Addai, but I could understand and concede points to arguments that had any of those 3 guys listed ahead of the other two.

Dag-nabit, there he goes agreeing with me again!! :D

My WCOFF team has the 8th pick. WCOFF is a PPR league. We had an in depth discussion last night for almost 2 hours going over strategy for just the first few picks.

What we cam up with is it is a foregone conclusion that LT, LJ, Sjax and Gore are gone in the top 4. Then you see the group of Westbrook, Addai, Bush, Parker and Alexander go, in greatly varying order from draft to draft. We then agreed that Westbrook likely goes at the 5 spot, if not at the 4. Are primary target given the scoringsystem of the remaining 4 would be Bush, so we ranked the remaining 4 RBs as Bush, Addai, Alexander, Parker, though we were not al lin agreement with that order, it was the eventual consensus.

Basically it comes down to there not being a clear cut answer as to who should go 7. In a PPR, Westbrook and Bush should be given strong consideration but are probably gone. I am not the biggest fan of Parker though I would take him if I had a later 1st round pick and he was there, I just see Addai and Alexander as better options.... but camp will answer a lot of the questions surrounding all of them.

thanks all for your input. It seems like I just have to wait and see who is available and go with my gut.

Educating yourself and occasionally going with your gut is what it's all about. The rest of us are here to bring up or point out information or angles that you might not have considered. That said Westbrook is probably the safe pick, if he is available at 7, but I really like Addai due to a really nice year last year compounded by the fact that Rhodes who is now gone got about 45% of what would have been Addai's touches. Nobody there to do that this year.

There is almost zero chance that Westbrook will be there at the 7th pick, especially in a PPR league.

Adai is iffy to be there, but is a definite possibility. If Bush is there, he is certainly a good option at that pick almost simply because of the PPR.

Educating yourself and occasionally going with your gut is what it's all about. The rest of us are here to bring up or point out information or angles that you might not have considered. That said Westbrook is probably the safe pick, if he is available at 7, but I really like Addai due to a really nice year last year compounded by the fact that Rhodes who is now gone got about 45% of what would have been Addai's touches. Nobody there to do that this year.

I think someone should bring up a point here about Addai that doesn't seem to get mentioned much.

Just because Addai is the only legit RB on the roster doesn't mean he's capable of carrying the full load. He's never done it in the past, pros or college, and he does have an injury history, which makes one even more leery about his getting extra work.

People went nuts over JJ Arrington as a rookie a couple of years ago simply because he was the only RB in AZ who looked like he could carry the ball at the pro level. They completely overlooked his flaws because of the opportunity he was being placed into. I'm not saying Addai will bust like Arrington did - Addai obviously can play & excel at the NFL level. What we don't know is what a pace of 300+ carries plus catches will do to his performance.

I think someone should bring up a point here about Addai that doesn't seem to get mentioned much.

Just because Addai is the only legit RB on the roster doesn't mean he's capable of carrying the full load. He's never done it in the past, pros or college, and he does have an injury history, which makes one even more leery about his getting extra work.

People went nuts over JJ Arrington as a rookie a couple of years ago simply because he was the only RB in AZ who looked like he could carry the ball at the pro level. They completely overlooked his flaws because of the opportunity he was being placed into. I'm not saying Addai will bust like Arrington did - Addai obviously can play & excel at the NFL level. What we don't know is what a pace of 300+ carries plus catches will do to his performance.

Please help.

Standard scoring league with ppr

who should I look at for the 7th pick if they are still there

Addai

Westbrook

Parker

Manning

Thanks in advance

Another vote for Westbrook, Addai, and Parker in that order. Forget Manning at number 7.

Westbrook hasn't played all 16 games of a season in his entire career and last year he had a career year in terms of FF points. Granted he's always one of those guys who outproduces his ADP but, like I said, last year was the first in which he produced 1st round type numbers. Addai was close to first round type numbers sharing the load.

Well spoken Billy and a great point.....remember the HYPE concerning Ronnie brown, who underperformed his ranking last year as a "full-time" back !@!!!!

Ronnie Brown was in one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Addai is in the best.

Westbrook hasn't played all 16 games of a season in his entire career and last year he had a career year in terms of FF points. Granted he's always one of those guys who outproduces his ADP but, like I said, last year was the first in which he produced 1st round type numbers.

I am glad someone finally brought this up about Westbrook. Hey, if you can live with the uncertainty of him starting everey week then Westbrook is your pick.