[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Kevin Jones DET

URLACHERisGOD

Will Kevin Jones be ready Sept. 9? It's 50-50

Lions running back Kevin Jones is still recovering from Lisfranc surgery and is expected to start training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list. The Lions players must report to camp by 4 p.m. on Wednesday.

According to a source close to the situation, the odds are 50-50 that Jones will be ready by the start of the regular season on Sept. 9. That might sound like a noncommital copout, but here's why the situation is up in the air: Jones is far ahead of schedule on his recovery and he's running at full speed, but he still doesn't have total confidence in his cutting ability.

I have never been a fan of KJ and own him in 0% of my leagues. However, I know he is pretty much 100% drafted in every league. So, thought this would be beneficial to those of you that either have him or are thinking of drafting him.

Good info...he is definitely worth a roster spot for sure, particularly since he is "ahead of schedule" in his recovery. However, those that bank on a high level of production from him this season are in for a rude awakening!

Pre-season PUP = can take player off anytime.

Regular season PUP = out 6 weeks.

Being on the pre-season PUP saves the Lions from making 1 extra roster cut for each cutdown date.

Smart move to put him on it nearly all pre-season.

The red flag went up on this guy when the Lions drafted Brian Calhoun last year. I don't think Martz likes him. Now they bring in Duckett and Bell and they are "taking their time" with the Jones injury? Smells to me like they'd LOVE to replace him.

The red flag went up on this guy when the Lions drafted Brian Calhoun last year. I don't think Martz likes him. Now they bring in Duckett and Bell and they are "taking their time" with the Jones injury? Smells to me like they'd LOVE to replace him.

Well, that only can mean one thing: your nose is retarded.

Have you ever watched KJ play? Did you watch any of the plays last year? You do realize that he had ~20 touches per game between receptions and rushing attempts, don't you? Martz likes KJ fine. The real issues are durability and OL play. Bell and Duckett are great for depth, especially when KJ has not been historically healthy and has the lingering Lisfranc coming into 2007. But if you think for a moment that Bell (who was mediocre in Denver with an exception OL) or Duckett (bit player in RBBC) is better than a healthy KJ, you're misinformed.

Well, that only can mean one thing: your nose is retarded.

Have you ever watched KJ play? Did you watch any of the plays last year? You do realize that he had ~20 touches per game between receptions and rushing attempts, don't you? Martz likes KJ fine. The real issues are durability and OL play. Bell and Duckett are great for depth, especially when KJ has not been historically healthy and has the lingering Lisfranc coming into 2007. But if you think for a moment that Bell (who was mediocre in Denver with an exception OL) or Duckett (bit player in RBBC) is better than a healthy KJ, you're misinformed.

+1

When Jones is healthy, its his job.

Martz has professed his love for KJ. I think Calhoun is the 2006 version of Trung Candidate... just drafted a bit lower.

Reports out of camp is that Bell looks most impressive.. and when I say most.. like the most impressive of any player not just the RB's.

the issue is this... Martz set an NFL low for rushing attempts last season.... so is any Lions RB worth a darn?

Roy Williams is the safe pick... if you dont get get minus points for INTS then Kitna... will be throwing the ball till his arm falls off.

Reports out of camp is that Bell looks most impressive.. and when I say most.. like the most impressive of any player not just the RB's.

the issue is this... Martz set an NFL low for rushing attempts last season.... so is any Lions RB worth a darn?

Roy Williams is the safe pick... if you dont get get minus points for INTS then Kitna... will be throwing the ball till his arm falls off.

The "reports" all come from one statement from Kitna - the guy who says the Lions are going to win 10+ this year. Again, I point to the fact that Bell looked pretty mediocre in a system that made guys like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, and Reuben Droughns look like legit NFL producers. I think it's a stretch to think that he will improve the Detroit running game.

The "reports" all come from one statement from Kitna - the guy who says the Lions are going to win 10+ this year. Again, I point to the fact that Bell looked pretty mediocre in a system that made guys like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, and Reuben Droughns look like legit NFL producers. I think it's a stretch to think that he will improve the Detroit running game.

I don't even expect him(bell) to end up our number 2 back for all the reasons you stated above.

agreed. it's KJ's job to lose.