[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball question...

irish

I would think hitting a hole in one on a par 5 would be harder

Well he was talking about something feasible. Nobody's going to drive a ball 500 yds at all let alone directly into the cup. :D

ok, how about running for 2000 yards in a season...no way I could do that...

Now that's more like it.

an offensive line helps

Well that's where it begins but to go for 2,000 yds you have to be special.

I have always been perplexed by the hitting a major league pitcher argument in sports. I have never played Major League Baseball, but I played in college and faced a couple guys that went on to the show. I have also played hockey most of my life on a smaller level. I dont know how goalies stop a 100mph slap shot with 3 guys in front of the crease. That gets my vote.

Start the "hockey isnt a sport" argument now if you must...

I have always been perplexed by the hitting a major league pitcher argument in sports. I have never played Major League Baseball, but I played in college and faced a couple guys that went on to the show. I have also played hockey most of my life on a smaller level. I dont know how goalies stop a 100mph slap shot with 3 guys in front of the crease. That gets my vote.

As a goalie that played competitive until I was 17, many times you don't see the puck with 3 guys in the crease. All you can do is make yourself look big in net, cover the bottom third of the goal and hope it hits you.

Edited by Tford

you think its hard up in the booth to do it. imagine how hard it is sitting in the batters box 60ft away. hmmm......should i swing, not swing, or f'ing duck!!! and thats all in .000004 of a second. :D

hardest thing to do in sports is hit a major league pitcher.

I think I disagree.

Yeah, I was thinking number of shots on goal that go in. I think the percentages are far worse than a hitter's average, therefore making it more difficult to score a NHL goal than hitting a baseball. For instance, a goalie may have a save percentage of 91%...that means guys shooting on goal have a 9% chance of getting a goal...much lower than an average hitter of say...25%. Discuss.

I think I disagree.

Yeah, I was thinking number of shots on goal that go in. I think the percentages are far worse than a hitter's average, therefore making it more difficult to score a NHL goal than hitting a baseball. For instance, a goalie may have a save percentage of 91%...that means guys shooting on goal have a 9% chance of getting a goal...much lower than an average hitter of say...25%. Discuss.

I think it all depends on the person...for example, I would guess dunking a basketball would be awfully hard for you Soup... :D

oh hockey is a sport :D

I think it all depends on the person...for example, I would guess dunking a basketball would be awfully hard for you Soup... :D

My 6'5 frame has no problem dunking a basketball...:D

Another Question? Other than Tim Wakefield, are there any other Knuckleballers playing in the Minors or Majors??

We were discussing this the other night, regarding the Perry brothers from the 80's and I couldn't think of any other kballers than Wakefield. I guess no one coaches that pitch any more? :D

Another Question? Other than Tim Wakefield, are there any other Knuckleballers playing in the Minors or Majors??

We were discussing this the other night, regarding the Perry brothers from the 80's and I couldn't think of any other kballers than Wakefield. I guess no one coaches that pitch any more? :D

as far as i know, wakefield is the only one currently pitching in the bigs. were the perrys knuckleballers, or are you thinking of the neikro brothers? gaylord perry was more known for using foreign substances, vaseline balls and such. there have been a number of knucklers since the neikros...tom candiotti, charlie hough, others i'm not thinking of. i think wade boggs pitched a couple times and threw all knuckleballs. :D

calling pitches beforehand isn't even that tough. Games are called by catchers mostly whom know hitters foibles etc. and call a game accordingly. Watch two games a week and you can almost predict the pitch before it is thrown depending on the count and situation. 0-2 or 1-2 will almost always be some type of off speed pitch out of the zone or a slider at the knees. 2-0 or 3-1 almost always heat. Now this can change depending if the batter likes to chase high fastballs etc. but more often than not most good announcers know it will be one of two pitches thrown in any given situation

as far as i know, wakefield is the only one currently pitching in the bigs. were the perrys knuckleballers, or are you thinking of the neikro brothers? gaylord perry was more known for using foreign substances, vaseline balls and such. there have been a number of knucklers since the neikros...tom candiotti, charlie hough, others i'm not thinking of. i think wade boggs pitched a couple times and threw all knuckleballs. :D

Mussina has a wicked knuckle curve