[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy

Duchess Jack

Caddy has done relatively nothing since the first few of his career. I'm done with the guy and see no reason for a rise.

What if the team he plays on stops absolutely sucking and doesn't fall behind by double digits before the 2nd half of almost every game? There aren't too many RBs that can put up good numbers on a horrendous offense.

Cadillac Williams

He does have a world-class football name. Maybe that's what keeps us hopeful.

There is a chance that he could turn in a nice FF season because of all the upgrades around him, and Gruden's desperation, but I think it's a slim chance. We should have seen more by now if it were gonna happen for him.

I think 4th or 5th round RB2 or RB3 feels right. He is a starting RB and there's no committee (yet).

Caddy has done relatively nothing since the first few of his career. I'm done with the guy and see no reason for a rise.
What if the team he plays on stops absolutely sucking and doesn't fall behind by double digits before the 2nd half of almost every game? There aren't too many RBs that can put up good numbers on a horrendous offense.

This is what the guy is capable of when given some help from the rest of the offense and a respectable defensive showing:

27 - 148

24 - 128

37 - 158

19 - 116

20 - 84

22 - 96

29 - 112

31 - 150

20 - 111

19 - 94

27 - 122

17 - 78 (Thanksgiving last year,4.6 per, got blown out and abandoned the run just like bw stated above)

That comes out to 292 - 1397 or 4.78 ypc

I realize it's merely a 12 game sampling and he may prove to be to fragile and his team may continue to suck but don't anybody out there tell me he hasn't shown you anything to be optimistic about, especially if you see the Bucs off-season moves as improvements.

Edited by BS Miscreant

This is what the guy is capable of when given some help from the rest of the offense and a respectable defensive showing:

27 - 148

24 - 128

37 - 158

19 - 116

20 - 84

22 - 96

29 - 112

31 - 150

20 - 111

19 - 94

27 - 122

17 - 78 (Thanksgiving last year,4.6 per, got blown out and abandoned the run just like bw stated above)

I realize it's merely a 12 game sampling and he may prove to be to fragile and his team may continue to suck but don't anybody out there tell me he hasn't shown you anything to be optimistic about, especially if you see the Bucs off-season moves as improvements.

Thank you for posting this. Caddy's production relies on how well the Quarterback is playing. When he went off the first few games of his career because Griese was operating Gruden's Offense to perfection.

Easy killer. Petigout is an UPGRADE, not a stud like you assumed I said. As for the passing game, you outta know that a respectable passing opens up rushing lanes. Is Garcia gonna dominate? No, especially not in Tampa, but he is head and shoulders above Gradkowski.

Are you atleast (mildly) sticking up for my Bucs... :D

Petigout is a HUGE improvement over Kenyatta Walker. If you do not agree with me there, you need to have your head examined. Also, I don't think even LT2 could play well behind LAST years Bucs line and Gradkowski behind center. Caddy was setup to fail. The Line is much improved this year and Garcia will (as previously stated) move the chains giving Caddy more opportunities. He only needs one extra block or lane to break one for 6.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

27 - 148

24 - 128

37 - 158

19 - 116

20 - 84

22 - 96

29 - 112

31 - 150

20 - 111

19 - 94

27 - 122

+1. Caddy could be the bargain of the year if he can stay healthy and the QB situation is stabilized. I would be giddy to draft him as my #3 RB.

Two years ago that Oline got Chester Taylor a big payday. Jamal's problems were Jamal's. I would hope that McGahee is better than Chester.

and, regarding Caddy: Garcia+Gruden=Gannon+Gruden. Gutzy, mobile and dinks and dunks down the field.

Caddy = Garner?

HELL no! Garner was a far superior athlete with loads more speed. He also had a couple of 1000 yard receiving seasons. No way Caddy EVER does that or even comes close. He is an average RB by NFL standards and a substandard receiver...

27 - 148

24 - 128

37 - 158

19 - 116

20 - 84

22 - 96

29 - 112

31 - 150

20 - 111

19 - 94

27 - 122

??? 12 games? Should we take Jamal Lewis best 12 games the last two years and predict greater success???

??? 12 games? Should we take Jamal Lewis best 12 games the last two years and predict greater success???

:D

No, but one can't deny the fact if a team sucks so bad they are forced to abandon the run early in the game, the running numbers are going to suffer whether you have Caddy Williams or Barry Sanders. Another way to look at it, (admittedly plagiarized from another article): " In 12 career games with at least 20 carries, he's (Caddy) averaged 110 rushing yards."

HELL no! Garner was a far superior athlete with loads more speed. He also had a couple of 1000 yard receiving seasons. No way Caddy EVER does that or even comes close. He is an average RB by NFL standards and a substandard receiver...

Charlie Garner didnt have any 1000 yard recieving years...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/GarnCh00.htm

He had 941 once, which is kinda scary, but thats it.

Why do you give up so easily on players? It's not like he killed your dog or something.

:D

Ah. For some reason I thought he had that many twice. Either way, Caddy won't come anywhere near that. Ever.

I hear ya, I get the difference between "a couple" and "never" confused all the time (i.e., "Germany NEVER started any World Wars").

Well, not really, but I made you feel better for a second, didn't I?

Did you happen to read this...

before you wrote this?

Yeah, I didn't think so. In light of the obvious, I should stop here but...

Let's ignore for a second that Garner never had a 1000 yd receiving season... Garner didn't do anything of significance until his sixth year in the NFL. Cadillac was thrown, as a rookie, into a mediocre offense and asked to be the man and then the offense got worse the second year. Have you even seen the guy play?

Did you happen to read this...

before you wrote this?

Yeah, I didn't think so. In light of the obvious, I should stop here but...

Let's ignore for a second that Garner never had a 1000 yd receiving season... Garner didn't do anything of significance until his sixth year in the NFL. Cadillac was thrown, as a rookie, into a mediocre offense and asked to be the man and then the offense got worse the second year. Have you even seen the guy play?

Yes. I drafted him as a rookie in my dynasty. I watched every game he has played. I have seen enough. He will not be the stud I ,and many, were hoping for. He's not fast, not really elusive, and tries to break too many tackles for his size. All this leads to injuries, but that is just who he is. He isn't going to change his style of play, and therefore will always be a spot fantasy starter IMO, due to his propensity for injuries. Add that to an offense that is absolutely pathetic, and you have the recipe for disaster. And I don't see this changing any time soon. And even when/if it does, it won't change the fact that he can't hold up to the pounding. Don't get me wrong, I like him, and I dig the way he plays balls-out all the time. But as a fantasy RB, he's not ever going to live up to his hype.

This knit-picking is getting a little old. So Garner came a few yards short of 1000. He still had almost 1900 total yards that season. He also had 3 years of 1700+ total yards, and 4 seasons with 50+ receptions (one in the 90s). You think Williams will ever do any of those things?

Yes. I drafted him as a rookie in my dynasty. I watched every game he has played. I have seen enough. He will not be the stud I ,and many, were hoping for. He's not fast, not really elusive, and tries to break too many tackles for his size. All this leads to injuries, but that is just who he is. He isn't going to change his style of play, and therefore will always be a spot fantasy starter IMO, due to his propensity for injuries. Add that to an offense that is absolutely pathetic, and you have the recipe for disaster. And I don't see this changing any time soon. And even when/if it does, it won't change the fact that he can't hold up to the pounding. Don't get me wrong, I like him, and I dig the way he plays balls-out all the time. But as a fantasy RB, he's not ever going to live up to his hype.

I'm not going to touch the Garner comparison so don't worry. However, I will make the comment that I have also watched every single game Caddy has played in and he is extremely fast and elusive given his size, which is not as small as you think (5-11', 217 LBS). Also, the comments about him always being banged up are simply blown out of proportion. He played in 24 straight games until week 16 last season where he was held out due to a foot injury. It was said at the time that if the Bucs were in contention, he would have probably played. I'm not saying he is going to light it up this year, but he will outperform his draft position and be a very solid #2 RB on any fantasy team.

Also, he is the same size as LT2 and Cedric Benson. I wouldn't call either of those guys small.... :D

I'm not going to touch the Garner comparison so don't worry. However, I will make the comment that I have also watched every single game Caddy has played in and he is extremely fast and elusive given his size, which is not as small as you think (5-11', 217 LBS). Also, the comments about him always being banged up are simply blown out of proportion. He played in 24 straight games until week 16 last season where he was held out due to a foot injury. It was said at the time that if the Bucs were in contention, he would have probably played. I'm not saying he is going to light it up this year, but he will outperform his draft position and be a very solid #2 RB on any fantasy team.

Also, he is the same size as LT2 and Cedric Benson. I wouldn't call either of those guys small.... :D

I'm not disputing he'll be a decent RB2. I'm saying he will never be a stud. And in those 24 straight you are talking about, he played a great percentage of them while banged up--leading to substandard FF performance.

As for the LT comparison, LT has a COMPLETELY different style. He avoids unecessary contact and catches a lot of passes. Caddy does neither of those, so that comparison doesn't hold water. And I didn't say he was too small for the league, I said he is too small for the way he plays the game. Also LT is 5'10 221 and more compactly built.

As for Benson, that's an okay comparison aside from the fact Benson has never done a thing in the NFL. Both have the tendancy to look for contact and get injured. However I will say that Benson has lost weight since coming into the league and is more of a power type running back. Whereas Caddy came in at 205 and has had to add weight just to get to 217.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Caddy is one of those guys where I don't really care where he is projected, I simply know that it will not be me that takes him. I would rather have a solid WR or any of the upside RB's mentioned in the first post of this thread.