[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Island

cliaz

I know i've posted this before but this is a very underrated movie. The first time I saw it i was like, "D@mn that was a great movie, well written with good FX to boot."

It was on last night and I watched it again.

I'm worry but I have no idea how this bombed in the theaters. This movie is [iMHO] one of the strongest movies to come out in the last 10 years. Hands down. Great Story, great acting, Sean Bean plays a c0ck sucker to a T and Scarlett Johanson is freaking slamming in it.

If you haven't watched it, peep it out.

You're not talking about that flaming piece of crap with Leonardo Dicaprio in it are you? :D

No I believe you're thinking of "The Beach". I agree, The Island is a very good flick.

SPOILER ALERT

I like Scarlett...she is my wife

other than that...I hate watching movies that make you think but then have holes all over the place within the plot and storyline...

like how they JUST broke out of some underground civilization and then suddenly end up in the house of the person who's "insurance policy" you are....

and then when Scarlett notices his "eyes lying" like the clone version of McGregor's character....but that is a personality trait that is developed by yourself and wouldn't be the same in a clone...

etc. etc.

Edited by Avernus

I like Scarlett...she is my wife

other than that...I hate watching movies that make you think but then have holes all over the place within the plot and storyline...

like how they JUST broke out of some underground civilization and then suddenly end up in the house of the person who's "insurance policy" you are....

and then when Scarlett notices his "eyes lying" like the clone version of McGregor's character....but that is a personality trait that is developed by yourself and wouldn't be the same in a clone...

etc. etc.

First off - SPOILER ALERT would have been nice right there for the people who haven't seen it yet :D Bad Avernus.

Secondly - The plot is pretty solid. It showed how they broke out of there, through the service tunnel they gain access to after running through all the maintanence areas. It wasn' t easy.

Thirdly - they found Tom Lincon by seeing his address.

Its a great movie.

Michael Bay once again provides a solid first half (actually one of his better first halfs in a line of pretty good openings to his movies), but this movie falls once again into loud, dumb, mindless, jumbled, seen-it-before action. Pitty. He was really on the right track with this one at the halfway point.

First off - SPOILER ALERT would have been nice right there for the people who haven't seen it yet :D Bad Avernus.

Secondly - The plot is pretty solid. It showed how they broke out of there, through the service tunnel they gain access to after running through all the maintanence areas. It wasn' t easy.

Thirdly - they found Tom Lincon by seeing his address.

Its a great movie.

I dunno...

I only do spoiler alerts for movies that have been on DVD for less than a year...

of course it's probably been out on DVD for less than a year...

and it's not that great of a movie to where it's a significant spoiler..

and how did they know what an address is?....the whole concept of all this should be overwhelming to them...

I dunno...

I only do spoiler alerts for movies that have been on DVD for less than a year...

and how did they know what an address is?....the whole concept of all this should be overwhelming to them...

As someone who agrees with most of your points, but still thinks the movie was a decent enough waste of 2 hours, for how much it did kind of suck.....why don't you go back and edit your post as a spoiler? :D

I dunno...

Several people had posted before you that they were going to go out and rent it soon. But ef them uh?

I caught it on HBO the other week during the afternoon. So I checked it out and liked it too. I didn't think much about it when it was caming out in theaters. Different opinion now. Good flick.