[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Single best album rock ever produced

Kid Cid

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few more...

after the gold rush - neil young

astral weeks - van morrison

pet sounds - beach boys

natty dread - bob marley & the wailers

sister - sonic youth

london calling - clash

more songs about buildings and food - talking heads

rain dogs - tom waits

Good list. We have similar tastes. although never listened to Tom waits. I'm not even a huge Van Morrison fan, but Astral Weeks is a great, great album.

Good list. We have similar tastes. although never listened to Tom waits.

Sophomore year of college a friend mentioned Tom Waits. I said I'd never listened to him. He said "Are you busy for the next hour?" I said no. He sat me down and played me "Nighthawks at the Diner" without a word of conversation. Needless to say, it was a lifechanging hour. 15 years later and I own every album.

He's worth getting to know, especially if you like the other stuff on Azazello's list.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Many, many good calls out there. I am surprised though that that other Beatles albums were chosen over the White Album.

Led Zep - Physical Graffiti

Stones - Exile on Main Street

Eagles - Desperado

Stelly Dan - Countdown to Ectasy

Beatles - Velvet Revolver

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

PJ - 10

Allman Bros - Eat a Peach

Lynard Skynard - Pronounced

Tull - Aqualung

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Impossible for me to narrow down, too.

Pearl Jam - Ten

Led Zeppelin - VI

and here's one no one's mentioned, and probably won't be mentioned again:

Gin Blossoms - New Miserable Experience (yes, really... look at the songs on that album... 5 solid hits)

Many, many good calls out there. I am surprised though that that other Beatles albums were chosen over the White Album.

Do you listen to Revolution #9 start to finish?

Neither do I. . .

Possibly one of the greatest wall-to-wall explosions of talent I've ever seen had to be Jeff Buckley's Grace - though it may not be "rock" per se, it is simply brilliant from start to finish.

Monster Magnet's Dopes to Infinity doesn't threaten the status quo as far as "greatest ever" goes but I love every song on the damn thing.

As far as consensus "great" albums, Who's Next is as good as The Who get.

I knew I'd catch some crap for either that one or the Joni Mitchell. . .

Joni is cool.

And I suppose the Indigo Girls aren't exclusive to lesbians - at least, I slept with a chick who loved the Indigo Girls.

Monster Magnet's Dopes to Infinity doesn't threaten the status quo as far as "greatest ever" goes but I love every song on the damn thing.

Holy Damn. Blast from the past there. I used to hang out in Red Bank with Monster Magnet when they were begging people to come see them play. One of the few bands I stopped listening to before their first album came out.

Holy Damn. Blast from the past there. I used to hang out in Red Bank with Monster Magnet when they were begging people to come see them play. One of the few bands I stopped listening to before their first album came out.

:D When I saw the ad for Spine of God, I thought "hmm, cool name, cool looking album art, cool title" - when I saw the tagline "It's a Satanic drug thing, you wouldn't understand", I was sold.

Possibly one of the greatest wall-to-wall explosions of talent I've ever seen had to be Jeff Buckley's Grace - though it may not be "rock" per se, it is simply brilliant from start to finish.

I'd like to think I'm pretty music-savvy, but can honestly say I've never heard of either of these. :D

Probably not considered 'rock' but Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth is an excellently produced album start to finish.

Bob Dylan - Bringing it All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited are both well done too.

However.... probably the best ever is the reigning champion Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.

Probably not considered 'rock' but Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth is an excellently produced album start to finish.

Bob Dylan - Bringing it All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited are both well done too.

However.... probably the best ever is the reigning champion Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.

Good call on Wakeman, I particularly lilked the Six Wives of Henry the VIII.

Did you like him with Yes or strictly solo?

I'd like to think I'm pretty music-savvy, but can honestly say I've never heard of either of these. :D

Magnet is stoner rock - not really re-inventing any wheels, but good, dirty fun.

Jeff Buckley, on the other hand, is just incredible - even if the music isn't too your taste, it's tough not to be impressed by the talent the guy had.

Magnet is stoner rock - not really re-inventing any wheels, but good, dirty fun.

Then I'm REALLY surprised I've never heard of it. :D

Is it in the OAR / Phish realm?

Edit: OK, no to that question... on iTunes right now and checkin' em out....... :tup:

Add: "I Control, I Fly" :D

Edited by darin3