[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Johnson Signs

Roadiedave

Too much money as a rookie WR. Bold prediction here but, he'll have TO's attitude with Mike Williams' stats.

As a Lions fan, I think I've become somewhat of an expert on rookie WRs. They usually don't amount to much unless they're uber talented. CJ is definitely talented. I don't think I've heard a peep about an attitude like TO or the workout ethics of Mike Williams.

Too much money as a rookie WR. Bold prediction here but, he'll have TO's attitude with Mike Williams' stats.

Sounds like a friendly wager opportunity to me. This guy has class and the work ethic to go with his talent. What do you say?

Although I usually agree I do feel CJ is going to be top notch. I dont know what you consider early but hes good to go for a WR2-WR3 in my books.

With Furrey still there, Kitna's tendency to find himself on his backside so frequently and turn it over so much, Kevin Jones likely out for at least the first month of a season, AND CJ being a rookie... it's not a recipe for WR2 numbers imo.

WR3 maybe but by the time you get to the WR3 level, I'll wait a few rounds after the 5th-6th rounds to snag said WR3.

He's going around the same time, if not before... Coles, Branch, DJax, Chambers, Edwards, Galloway... all of which are WR1's on their teams' depth chart. Yes Martz passes a ton but Roy and Furrey will factor in with CJ getting what's left.

Edited by kingfish247

Could not be more wrong about this. But I guess that's why you called it a bold statement, you didn't say it would be a correct one. He does not have TO's attitude, nor Mike Williams' work ethic. :D

Always up for a friendly wager.

How about performance related during his first year.

3 things:

1) Doesn't get into trouble off the field

2) No reports of him being lazy, missing practice (non-injury, family emergency related), not working hard

3) Catches say.......60 balls with 7+ TD's

Any 2 of the three wins ($10-$20, or a free huddle membership next year)

So if he gets in trouble off the field and misses practice for say personal reasons but still catches 60 balls, then you win.

What do you think?

Guy has never had an attitude problem period. Everyone loves the kid and always works out. What makes you think he will be TO like?

Guy has never had an attitude problem period. Everyone loves the kid and always works out. What makes you think he will be TO like?

To be a GREAT WR (as many are predicting), you must have a certain disposition. As of now I don't think Johnson has the attitude to be one of the greats. He'll need to become selfish to be truly great...

How about performance related during his first year.

3 things:

1) Doesn't get into trouble off the field

2) No reports of him being lazy, missing practice (non-injury, family emergency related), not working hard

3) Catches say.......60 balls with 7+ TD's

Any 2 of the three wins ($10-$20, or a free huddle membership next year)

So if he gets in trouble off the field and misses practice for say personal reasons but still catches 60 balls, then you win.

What do you think?

10 bucks and a 365 day sigline bet seem to be a friendly enough wager to me.

#1 I would say stupid garbage like speeding tickets does not count against you.

#2 Could be quite subjective (in my favor) but, I will be fair.

#3 His ADP is the #22 WR. 2006 final #22 was Hines Ward with 74 rec / 6TDs. Bump the 60 catches to 70.

10 bucks and a 365 day sigline bet seem to be a friendly enough wager to me.

#1 I would say stupid garbage like speeding tickets does not count against you.

#2 Could be quite subjective (in my favor) but, I will be fair.

#3 His ADP is the #22 WR. 2006 final #22 was Hines Ward with 74 rec / 6TDs. Bump the 60 catches to 70.

You drive a hard bargain my friend. We will agree to be fair on points 1 & 2. Discrepencies can be resolved using this board and 70 catches, 6td's sounds fair. I'm in.

To be a GREAT WR (as many are predicting), you must have a certain disposition. As of now I don't think Johnson has the attitude to be one of the greats. He'll need to become selfish to be truly great...

Yeah, like those huge pricks Jerry Rice, Tory Holt and Marvin Harrison. Clearly, you have to act like a punk to be a great NFL WR.