[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is going to jail.

The Irish Doggy

Completely. I have more than just the jersey of the guy. Can't believe someone could be up on the platform he was on and be occupied by something so stupid. BeeR seems to be pretty excited to rant and rave like a two year old. :D

My kid has purchased enough football cards on e-bay to keep the house warm all winter. :D Most of those were Vicks. He wore out the first Vick jersey that he got and you can hardly see the name and number on it anymore. His new jersey is in much better shape. His younger brother is much better at picking the winners because he has a Ricky Williams jersey.

My kid has purchased enough football cards on e-bay to keep the house warm all winter. :D Most of those were Vicks. He wore out the first Vick jersey that he got and you can hardly see the name and number on it anymore. His new jersey is in much better shape. His younger brother is much better at picking the winners because he has a Ricky Williams jersey.

Does your wife have an Onterrio Smith jersey? Daunte? :D

I see BeeR (or authority) deleted some posts...

Edited by broncosn05

Wierd I see him finally making that transition to receiver. :D

I'll give you credit for keeping a sense of humor and being lighthearted about all of this. :D

Apologists - Vickheads especially - never fail to amaze me.

Stick your "Apologists" comment up your whatsis .... I have never apologized for Vick... nor made excuses... nor defended. I have also never slammed him...nor condemed him. I prefer to let the system play out.

The point of my post... which you obviously missed completely... was point out that the masses here take such glee in watching someone go down and that the glee taken has no equal anywhere. But then I am sure you have no idea what I am talking about... so I will quit.

Seriously, I feel for the guy. But if a guy did the crime, he should do the time. It's even more disturbing when you consider the number of kids that wear Vick spamshirts and think he's the greatest player in the league. I live in Minnesota, and I have one of those kids living in my household. Some of those kids have Mom's that think that putting money down on dogs that are trying to destroy each other is horrid. Basically, the situation here sucks. Nobody is thrilled for this to be happening.

MV, I can't agree with the bolded part of your comment. Almost everyone here throws a party when some name athlete screws up.... and the parties are real big when Vick is involved. As soon as he was drafted the name calling and hate posts started. They have never stopped. I guess some people just bring that out. And now that he has finally come through for them (or at least it appears that he has) they are so happy they don't know whether to giggle or spit.

Wow. Am I nuts or down to earth when I say "they're just dogs"?

serious question.

Completely. I have more than just the jersey of the guy. Can't believe someone could be up on the platform he was on and be occupied by something so stupid. BeeR seems to be pretty excited to rant and rave like a two year old. :D

Oops.....nevermind. :D

Stick your "Apologists" comment up your whatsis .... I have never apologized for Vick... nor made excuses... nor defended. I have also never slammed him...nor condemed him. I prefer to let the system play out.

The point of my post... which you obviously missed completely... was point out that the masses here take such glee in watching someone go down and that the glee taken has no equal anywhere. But then I am sure you have no idea what I am talking about... so I will quit.

MV, I can't agree with the bolded part of your comment. Almost everyone here throws a party when some name athlete screws up.... and the parties are real big when Vick is involved. As soon as he was drafted the name calling and hate posts started. They have never stopped. I guess some people just bring that out. And now that he has finally come through for them (or at least it appears that he has) they are so happy they don't know whether to giggle or spit.

Sky, I know you weren't singling out specific people, but, I've actually defended Michael Vick several times. However, through the years, he has continued to do some things that have made me question his character. Now, this last thing has pushed me over the edge. My comments were more a lighthearted way to jab at Broncos, however, I'm not sad to see him paying the price for the crime that he has committed. I think it is a despicable crime, and he has shown himself to be unworthy of being looked up to by anyone. It is sad that someone of his talent, who got the chance that most of us would dream of, has wasted it like this, I'll give you that.

I'm glad we're back on good terms. :D

:wacko:

I still have no 'real' issues with you. You're a good kid. You took a hard stance, it is not going the way you wanted it to, it is now my job to rub it in a bit. :D

Seriously, I feel for the guy. But if a guy did the crime, he should do the time. It's even more disturbing when you consider the number of kids that wear Vick spamshirts and think he's the greatest player in the league. I live in Minnesota, and I have one of those kids living in my household. Some of those kids have Mom's that think that putting money down on dogs that are trying to destroy each other is horrid. Basically, the situation here sucks. Nobody is thrilled for this to be happening.

Tell that to Scooter Libby...oh wait he has a friend with Commuting powers....LOL

What Scooter was convicted of is far worse than what Vick is going to plea to....and Justice is served by vick serving time how?? Not to bring politics in...it is just a recent example...but to waste jail space on Vick is stupid. Make him pay his signing bonus to the American Canine Society.....that would be justice.

Tell that to Scooter Libby...oh wait he has a friend with Commuting powers....LOL

Oh yeah, what about Marc Rich? You remember him, don't ya'? And that was only ONE of 140 that were issued on Clinton's last day in office.

What Scooter was convicted of is far worse than what Vick is going to plea to....and Justice is served by vick serving time how?? Not to bring politics in...it is just a recent example...but to waste jail space on Vick is stupid. Make him pay his signing bonus to the American Canine Society.....that would be justice.

Convicted of lying to a Grand Jury is worse than executing animals for entertainment, pleasure, and profit? And racketeering? Lying is worse than racketeering? Vick LIED to Goodell and Blank when he said he wasn't involved. So even by your standards he is just as bad as Scooter Libby.

I have no remorse about feeling good when this punk gets whats coming. I am thrilled this is happening after what he's done.

ditto. I'm still pissed at him for ruining my 2003 FF season. And for being a FF tease. All smoke and no fire. And that's is on top of him being a complete ass.

Oh yeah, what about Marc Rich? You remember him, don't ya'? And that was only ONE of 140 that were issued on Clinton's last day in office.

Convicted of lying to a Grand Jury is worse than executing animals for entertainment, pleasure, and profit? And racketeering? Lying is worse than racketeering? Vick LIED to Goodell and Blank when he said he wasn't involved. So even by your standards he is just as bad as Scooter Libby.

Wow...looks like someone forgot their meds today. Marc Rich was like 8 years ago. Scooter happened the other week. Rich was tax evasion...Scooter lied to a Justice Department to protect the ass of people who outed a COVERT national security agent working on proliferation of WMD in the middle east you fricktard....you compare that with Marc Rich...and people abroad think Americans are absolutely ignorant because of people like you. And besides, lying to a grand jury seemed to be enough to impeach and possibly remove a President...now it isn't such a big deal...very telling.

We as Americans do alot of ignorant mean crap for entertainment. Do I like what Vick did...no. But lets face it. Pit Bulls are born to be agressive....fighting is just second nature to those dogs....it doesn't make it right...but neither is cockfighting and noone would hold that in the same regard. Screw your head on right man. There is nothing to be gained by Vick going to jail....and I don't even like the man...make him pay his signing bonus to the American Kennel Club or some crap like that and calll it a day. Again, there is now justice when you compare the two scenarios of Libby and Vick...while taking in the potential impact of each crime.

Wow...looks like someone forgot their meds today. Marc Rich was like 8 years ago. Scooter happened the other week. Rich was tax evasion...Scooter lied to a Justice Department to protect the ass of people who outed a COVERT national security agent working on proliferation of WMD in the middle east you fricktard....you compare that with Marc Rich...and people abroad think Americans are absolutely ignorant because of people like you. And besides, lying to a grand jury seemed to be enough to impeach and possibly remove a President...now it isn't such a big deal...very telling.

We as Americans do alot of ignorant mean crap for entertainment. Do I like what Vick did...no. But lets face it. Pit Bulls are born to be agressive....fighting is just second nature to those dogs....it doesn't make it right...but neither is cockfighting and noone would hold that in the same regard. Screw your head on right man. There is nothing to be gained by Vick going to jail....and I don't even like the man...make him pay his signing bonus to the American Kennel Club or some crap like that and calll it a day. Again, there is now justice when you compare the two scenarios of Libby and Vick...while taking in the potential impact of each crime.

Yeah...right...people abroad think Americans are ignorant because of people like me. That's a huge stretch. I can see it now:: "Y'know, there is this one fellow that doesn't agree with TheSega!Face so we must assume that all Americans are ignorant!". Right. Nice ad-hominem argument - attack me instead of the argument itself. Besides, isn't tax evasion a form of lying to protect your ass anyways? And whether Plame was COVERT at the time depends on which Kool-Aid you're drinking from.

How about we just make ALL criminals pay a fine to the American Kennel Club and call it a day? Nothing to be gained? Ridiculous. How about this: If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. The chance you take when committing illegal acts IS PRISON, retard.

The glee which the people here have when someone goes down knows no equal anywhere else in the world. It has never failed to amaze me.

Don't misinterpret things here Sky. How many times do you see someone who is rich or famous get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist? Plenty. I have no desire to rejoyce in the total runiation of someone's life. But the fact remains that he committed a disgusting crime (no, I am not a dog lover) and by all counts, it looks as if he is going to pay for it.

Am I happy about that? You bet I am. It's the fact that he is NOT getting off easy that makes me happy...not the fact that he's "going down."

Edited by The Wolf

ditto. I'm still pissed at him for ruining my 2003 FF season. And for being a FF tease. All smoke and no fire. And that's is on top of him being a complete ass.

Ditto? I don't think you got my point at all. My feelings have nothing to do with FF. That you mention his FF performance as a reason to be upset is just ridiculous.

The glee which the people here have when someone goes down knows no equal anywhere else in the world. It has never failed to amaze me.

It's always nice to see someone who has acted like a privledged prick over an extended period get theirs.

:D

Wow. Am I nuts or down to earth when I say "they're just dogs"?

serious question.

Men & dogs have established a unique & special relationship over the centuries. Kind of like humans & horses, when people used to hang horsethieves.

It's really not THAT difficult to understand, is it?

:D @ you putting forth so much false material and then using that material to lecture someone else & allude to their stupidity & ignorance. The height of irony.

You need to do a bit of research instead of relying on the Nail Bush crowd for your information.