[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Number 9 pick

Drafting this Wed. in new league I joined (already in league that allows 2 franchise players)....This is redraft league, 6 pts for ALL tds, .1 pt for every rushing/receiving yard/passing yard....

Usual suspects will go top of draft....LT...Jackson...LJ....Gore....Addai.....I got ninth pick......figure following MAY slide down to me:

Rudi Johnson : Mr. Consistency with 12 tds a year, if he slides down, gotta grab him...

Fast Willie Parker: highly touted this year, can he live up to hype

Laurence Maroney: all of us are Pats 'homers', not concerned with shoulder injury too much, but can he handle the load?

Westbrook: explosive player, but can he stay healthy, and no pts per catch here.....

Travis Henry: will he be real deal in Denver, or does Shanny rotate in Mike Bell?

Not sold on Westbrook......like Maroney, Parker, Henry.....how would you rank those 3?

Drafting this Wed. in new league I joined (already in league that allows 2 franchise players)....This is redraft league, 6 pts for ALL tds, .1 pt for every rushing/receiving yard/passing yard....

Usual suspects will go top of draft....LT...Jackson...LJ....Gore....Addai.....I got ninth pick......figure following MAY slide down to me:

Rudi Johnson : Mr. Consistency with 12 tds a year, if he slides down, gotta grab him...

Fast Willie Parker: highly touted this year, can he live up to hype

Laurence Maroney: all of us are Pats 'homers', not concerned with shoulder injury too much, but can he handle the load?

Westbrook: explosive player, but can he stay healthy, and no pts per catch here.....

Travis Henry: will he be real deal in Denver, or does Shanny rotate in Mike Bell?

Not sold on Westbrook......like Maroney, Parker, Henry.....how would you rank those 3?

Rudi Johnson

Westbrook

Willie Parker

Henry

Maroney

Agreed...if Alexander falls to number nine, I would snag him before all others...but, was being realistic that I dont see him falling that far...in no particular order, see the following:

LT

SJ

Gore

LJ

Addai

Alexander

Rudi

Fast Willie

Westbrook

Maroney

Bush

Henry

McGahee

Ronnie B....

Not a fan of Ronnie B, had him 2 years in a row....we dont get PPC, so Bush would be a reach, as will still share carries with Deuce.....that is why targeting bottom half of list.......Fast Willie...maybe Rudi......Westbrook...Maroney....Henry....McGahee....yeah, if anyone above HAPPENS to slide, all over it....bear in mind, 10 team league, so will get number 2 pick coming back up.....

I had my draft last night and picked #7 in a PPR and took Rudi Johnson. My belief after Addai is gone, along with Alexander, is that consistency rules.

Rudi has been great since taking over the starting role.

Westy and FWp were considerations, but ultimately it came down to consistency for me. Along with o-line strength/schedule.

After the first six that most agree on, I'd rank them Parker, Rudi, Westbrook. Maroney and Henry both have minor injuries, and it is hard to tell how they will be used in their respective offenses, since New England has added Moss, meaning they might pass alot near the goal-line, and Henry plays for Shanahan, who loves to mix up the RBs he uses. Westbrook's injury last year does present a worry, but he was on a real roll before he got hurt.

thanks guys.....with our league giving 6 pts for a Passing Td, and having the ninth pick (and 2nd pick round 2) am i crazy to take manning with number nine and possibly get Maroney...Westy.....Henry with 2nd pick?

figure the guy with 10 and 1 may do the Manning/RB selection....

thanks guys.....with our league giving 6 pts for a Passing Td, and having the ninth pick (and 2nd pick round 2) am i crazy to take manning with number nine and possibly get Maroney...Westy.....Henry with 2nd pick?

figure the guy with 10 and 1 may do the Manning/RB selection....

If you really like any of the RBs in the tier that we are discussing, then I would nab him at #9, then take Manning 12th if he is still there. But, if you are largely indifferent about the RBs, then go ahead and take Manning 9th, and take whichever RB falls to you at #12.

Thanks for feedback...guess my issue...question...concern is.....ninth pick, getting into tier 2...tier 3...backs...who may produce well, or may get you 7-9 tds........with getting 6 pts for a passing td as well....and Manning capable of 35-40 tds.....safer to pick him, and then get one of those backs later (unless mr. consistency, rudi, is still there...)