[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I crazy?

nwestphal

I am in a 12 team/office (some novices)/redraft league with a somewhat unique scoring system. It is a hybrid ppr/performance system. WR/TEs get PPR, but RBs do not. Instead RBs receive .15 pts/yard. Strange I know. Regardless it is what I have to deal with. With several novices in the league, as you may imagine, RBs go flying off the board. At pick #8 I'm sure I'll have the enviable choice of Rudi, Maroney, Parker (maybe), etc. if I too wish to perpetuate the RB/RB strategy.

My question is, am I crazy to consider a WR/WR strategy that early? I've done the LAG analysis using the last three years data in the league, and have found with remarkable consistency that there is a large drop off in production after the seventh or eight RB with this scoring system. My thought is if that is the case, do I really want to gamble and hope I hit the lottery with the eight best rb? If I go WR/WR I know I'll be getting two of the top eight WRs (no real drop off in production in this league until after eight wide outs) as well as rbs in the third and fourth rounds that aren't too dissimilar to those drafted at the end of the second round.

Sorry for the long post. Your comments are most appreciated. I'd be happy to answer your postings as well.

Thanks

Forgot to add we start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1D

Edited by nwestphal

Even if all RBs are drafted in front of you, you will still get one of LT/SJax/Gore/Addai/LJ/Alexander/Parker/Rudi,

which is pretty good. I put those guys all ahead of Westbrook because you are in a non-PPR league, and I think there will be a TD vulture in Philly. Then, if a WR you really like is available at #17, I'd take them, knowing you can likely pickup a solid #2 FFL RB in the 3rd round.

If I go WR/WR I know I'll be getting two of the top eight WRs (no real drop off in production in this league until after eight wide outs) as well as rbs in the third and fourth rounds that aren't too dissimilar to those drafted at the end of the second round.

Here is the problem with that, IMO, if you go WR,WR,RB and wait to get your #1RB in the bottom half of the 3rd round you will loose far more than going RB,WR, RB/WR (If you are that big on WR's over RB's). Take a RB 1st then a WR 2nd, you will still get a top tier WR I am sure with the 17th pick and then in round 3 you could still get a good tier 2 WR as your #2. The drop off will not be near as big in WR than it would in RB if you wait till rounds 3 and 4.