[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade offer...

detlef

8 team league, basic scoring. Start QB RB RB WR WR FLEX

He gets: Bulger, Coles

I get: Roy Williams, Leinart

My team

Bulger

Big Ben

LT

R Brown

AP

Deuce

M Turner

C Johnson

L Fitz

L Coles

J Galloway

S Holmes

Winslow

Blah, Blah, Blah

Why I do it: If only 1 of my RBs not named LT step up, I can go 3 WR with a stellar group

Why I don't: It's not like my WRs or RBs are so shaky that I should expect to need more help there and I end up sacrificing QB while quite possibly having starting caliber RB/WRs on the bench.

I wouldn't do it. I think there is too much of a drop from Bulger to Leinart. If you must start 3 WRs, maybe I'd consider it (I'm assuming you can start either 1RB/3 WR or 2RB/2 WR). But with the two WRs you already have, I think you are unecessarily weakening yourself at the QB position. Plus, once AP gets the starting nod (and/or if Brown starts producing), you wouldn't bench either for a WR.

I'd have to agree with brh

The differential between Bulger & Leinart doesn't cover the differential between Coles & Williams, and with Pig Pen as your #2 QB, you'd be starting Leinart almost all of the time.

Your WRs are strong enough that you don't need the upgrade there as much as you need Bulger's scoring at QB.

Are there negative points for INTs?

I honestly don't think that Leinart is that much of a drop off from Bulger (they are both Tier 2 QB's). The Cards have been building up their line, and he obviously has a lot of weapons to throw to. At least as many as Bulger has.

On the other hand, I really like Williams a lot more than I like Coles this year. The addition of Calvin Johnson to keep Williams from being double-teamed will be huge... plus you've got the whole Martz pass-happy offense there (especially with a shaky run game in Detroit). The Jets have one of the worst offenseive lines in the league this season IMO.

From what I can see, I would probably rather have Leinart and Williams.

Are there negative points for INTs?

I honestly don't think that Leinart is that much of a drop off from Bulger (they are both Tier 2 QB's). The Cards have been building up their line, and he obviously has a lot of weapons to throw to. At least as many as Bulger has.

On the other hand, I really like Williams a lot more than I like Coles this year. The addition of Calvin Johnson to keep Williams from being double-teamed will be huge... plus you've got the whole Martz pass-happy offense there (especially with a shaky run game in Detroit). The Jets have one of the worst offenseive lines in the league this season IMO.

From what I can see, I would probably rather have Leinart and Williams.

We do lose a pt for picks.

The arguments SB gives are frankly why I'm considering the trade. I actually think Leinart could have a very good year and, frankly, I think Big Ben is poised to look waaayyyy better than last year. Both R Williams and Fitz were on the board 2 picks before my swing picks and I recall being prepared to take them both if they were there. I took Bulger when Williams got snapped up.

Oh, and we don't need to start 3 wide. However, I have to start at least 2 RBs and 2 WR plus 1 either RB/WR.

The best argument against the trade (made by several of you) is the fact that it's likely not too much to ask of 2 out of R Brown, AP, Deuce to put up numbers at least close to what I would get out of either Roy Williams or L Fitz. That, combined with the fact that there seem to be more on that side of the fence...

Maybe I just stand pat.

I'd have to agree with brh

The differential between Bulger & Leinart doesn't cover the differential between Coles & Williams, and with Pig Pen as your #2 QB, you'd be starting Leinart almost all of the time.

Your WRs are strong enough that you don't need the upgrade there as much as you need Bulger's scoring at QB.

< NOD >

I understand the desire to add Roy Williams ... but I don't believe I'd make this deal ... I stand with Bulger + Coles before I'd trade them for Leinart + Williams