[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading down at 1.03

Randall

I would try to do better than an 8th but thats just me. :D

Without making it too confusing with more picks (ie 1,5 for 1 & 6), its good IMO.

More important is if you think an 8th is worth dropping 2 spots. ( I think it is)

I would try to do better than an 8th but thats just me. :D

Without making it too confusing with more picks (ie 1,5 for 1 & 6), its good IMO.

More important is if you think an 8th is worth dropping 2 spots. ( I think it is)

Thanks. Sent out a couple of proposals but 8th is the best I could get. If Addai is gone I'll be happy with Gore, Westbrook or LJ. After that I see a fall off.

I like Addai this season in my 2 PPR league. Offered the 1.03 and 16.10 for the 1.05 and 8.08. Good value?

12 team league.

The likelihood of a player taken around 90 making much of an impact on your team is actually rather low. Of course, so is basically the last guy taken in the draft. However, it would seem much more important to swap picks in both the 1st and 2nd and then just get some random love by also swapping picks in another even round inside the top 8 round.

The likelihood of a player taken around 90 making much of an impact on your team is actually rather low. Of course, so is basically the last guy taken in the draft. However, it would seem much more important to swap picks in both the 1st and 2nd and then just get some random love by also swapping picks in another even round inside the top 8 round.

Yes, round two should be swaped or else it's weak really weak for you (IMO). I mean you can get some good players in the 2nd round and this trade guy is getting a few picks early in both the 1st and 2nd unless you switch both 1 and 2 picks as well as getting the 8th round pick of course or else it's a horrible trade IMO

I'm not so sure. Dj Hackett, James Jones, Jacoby Jones, Favre, Eli Manning, Berrian, Cooley maybe even the Baltimore D will be there or later.

He accepted the trade(I offered it not him) so it's too late to change now.

Yes, round two should be swaped or else it's weak really weak for you (IMO). I mean you can get some good players in the 2nd round and this trade guy is getting a few picks early in both the 1st and 2nd unless you switch both 1 and 2 picks as well as getting the 8th round pick of course or else it's a horrible trade IMO

Horrrible? Look at who is picked at 8.08 vs 16.10. That's what the trade is really for. I get 2 8 round picks and lose my 16th.

I'm not so sure. Dj Hackett, James Jones, Jacoby Jones, Favre, Eli Manning, Berrian, Cooley maybe even the Baltimore D will be there or later.

He accepted the trade(I offered it not him) so it's too late to change now.

Well, you can't look at who is likely to be there this year as evidence good players can be found because we have no idea if those players are good yet.

I'm speaking historically. If you look at Avg. drafts at guys picked around 85-90 and then check them against how they finished that year, it doesn't look as hot. With regards to RBs and WRs, the odds are alarmingly low. With regards to QB/TE, the likelihood of getting a "starter" is better, but not really much better than it is a few rounds later.

Take last year, for instance:

Here's the RBs and WRs that went between 80 and 96 in MFL drafts (the list includes IDP, so I took a larger sample):

Matt Jones

Donte Stallworth

Eddie Kennison

DeAngelo Williams

Cedric Benson

Chris Brown

L Maroney

Reggie Brown

Not a bad looking list of players, however the only one of those to finish in the top 24 in his position was Reggie Brown at 21. That's some rather slim odds considering that the best just barely cracked the starting line-up.

The QBs taken right around there? 1 for 4 and 3 of them flat-out bombed.

Mike Vick

Trent Green

Kurt Warner

Jake Plummer

Ds?

Carolina sucked

Pittsburgh finished 13th..meh

Chris Cooley was taken around there and he finished well but so was McMichael and he was no great shakes.

So 2 of 14 players hit but both were in positions that don't get picked until late anyway.

Horrrible? Look at who is picked at 8.08 vs 16.10. That's what the trade is really for. I get 2 8 round picks and lose my 16th.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is horrible. Like you, I don't really care which I get out of the 3 guys going 3-5. I was just hoping you could get more for the pick.

Took Winslow at 8.08 and the Pats at 8.10. Crumpler a few rounds later. 4 QB's went in first 2 rounds but got Kitna and McNair so that may work.

My roster

Kitna, Jon DET QB - 6 6.10

McNair, Steve BAL QB - 8 12.10

Addai, Joseph IND RB - 6 1.05

James, Edgerrin ARI RB - 8 3.03

Norwood, Jerious ATL RB - 8 7.03

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB - 5 4.10

Clayton, Mark BAL WR - 8 9.03

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR - 10 10.10

Hackett, D.J. SEA WR - 8 13.03

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 10 5.03

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR - 10 14.10

Owens, Terrell DAL WR - 8 2.10

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE - 8 11.03

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 7 8.08

Feely, Jay MIA PK - 9 15.03

Patriots, New England NEP Def - 10 8.10

I'm guessing the guy really wanted LJ. I think you could have gotten more for the deal. I did the exact same thing in a league last week (moved from 1.03 to 1.05), except we also switched spots in the 2nd round and 6th round. I found a guy who REALLY wanted LJ and was willing to offer up more in return. I also wanted Addai but ended up with Gore.

I'm guessing the guy really wanted LJ. I think you could have gotten more for the deal. I did the exact same thing in a league last week (moved from 1.03 to 1.05), except we also switched spots in the 2nd round and 6th round. I found a guy who REALLY wanted LJ and was willing to offer up more in return. I also wanted Addai but ended up with Gore.

He took Gore, but you could be right. I didn't try and trade up in the 2nd but did try getting a 6th or 7th round pick in trade. I'm happy getting Winslow for my 16.10 pick(the resulting trade). He took Joey Harrington there.

Navy Packer Man.