[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs

Slugs

Our league is a modified performance league with only 10 teams this year. We draft 8th of 10. We have a carry-over rule that allows a team to carry-over an offensive player who we drafted 9th or higher the year before. We drafted Brandon Jacobs last year in the 9th round. We can keep him as our 3rd round pick (28th overall pick) and are wondering what Huddlers have to say on whether that is a good idea. We are leaning towards keeping him - so your input would be appreciated.

Generally, the top 20 or so RBs get taken in the first 3 rounds.

I think I have Jacobs ranked right around 20 which makes him right on the bubble for a keeper in your league. I think if my pick in the 3rd round was early I'd release Jacobs as it is likely he will be there when I draft in the 3rd. If I draft late in the 3rd I might consider keeping Jacobs. But I'm here to tell you in a 10 team league I'm not comfortable starting Jacobs as one of my two starting RBs (unless LT is my first one).

That's higher than I would take him in a league that size. You might see him rated as high as 24 on the big boards (like here in the huddle) but you need to remember that that list is likely made for 12 team leagues. The smaller the league, the less important it is to stockpile backs. Thus, the more non-backs will leave the board before that pick. That means that you might not be that far into the RBs by the time that pick comes along. For that matter, you might find some good RB picks at 1 and 2 and may want to keep your options open.

Who is being kept?

In my 12 man this weekend, Jacobs went off the board at 3..05, as the 20th RB selected, behind Portis and ahead of T. Jones. McCalister and Cadillac.

In a 10 man, I'd put him in the 4th. Thus, I would likely put him back in the pool....