[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6 pts. for passing TD

yankees#1

This is a 12 man league. If Manning can pass for one more TD than my opponent each week, does

that make him more valuable than a RB??

I've been doing FF for 10+ years but never had a QB awarded 6 pts. for TD.

Well, for starters, he won't pass for 1 more TD per week than at least half of your opponents. I mean, expecting any more than the low 30s is a bit steep. That means he'll throw for 1-5 more than the next batch of guys and maybe 10 more than a whole lot of others. Others that can be had several rounds later when the RB options are Tatum Bell, etc and WRs are Santonio Holmes.

Do you want Peyton Manning and Tatum Bell or S Alexander and Kitna?

Not that I want to debate this because you are right, but if Manning throws for 3 Td's and my opponent QB throws 2, thats an extra 6 pts. every week. If I start 2 RB's and get one TD out of them, my opponent needs a TD from each RB and two TD's from his QB just to match me.

Not that I want to debate this because you are right, but if Manning throws for 3 Td's and my opponent QB throws 2, thats an extra 6 pts. every week. If I start 2 RB's and get one TD out of them, my opponent needs a TD from each RB and two TD's from his QB just to match me.

That's a big if. Considering that anyone would be very happy to get 32 TDs out of his QB and that means he's throwing 1 TD as often as he's throwing 3TDs. So, even with Manning, you can't take the notion of him throwing 3 TDs to the bank. In reality you are talking about Manning going for 2 and the next batch of guys either matching that two or getting one less every other week.

I swear that in the last 5 years or so of playing 2+ leagues per year, the Manning owner (who almost always picked him in the 1st rd) always ends up shopping him for a stud RB about 1/2 through the season. :D

Actually, people should look deeper into Manning's career stats. Besides going off in 2004 with 49 TDs, out of his other 8 seasons he has only thrown 30+ TDs twice (2000 & 2006), meaning six of nine seasons throwing "only" 20-29 TDs. (Just for comparison, there were 12 QBs last year with 20+ total TDs.)