[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does your league handle trades?

9ersdude

How does your league handle trades , do you vote on each trade? Commish decides? Does everyone have to know what is up for offer and have an opportunity to make their own offer. Does youe league allow trades during the draft?

Trades always seem to be such a problem in our league I want to hear what everyone else does.

Edited by 9ersdude

Commissioner approves trade, no input from the league. If you trust the commish it shouldn't be a problem and only in the most extreme, obvious, or admitted acts of colusion, not stupidity, should it be vetoed by the commish.

I have never turned down a trade in 13 years of our keeper league. Or in 4 years of the redraft league I run.

I guess I am lucky to have good owners but also I have gotten rid of potential troublemakers early on. I think the commsih can set a no nonsense tone early on and curtail bullschzit trades.

The commish or the asst commish have to approve every trade. after the trade is complete, the rest of the league has 24 hours to protest a trade. if someone gives a legit protest, it goes to a vote. if a majority of owners (not involved in the trade) vote to overturn the trade it will be.

We've never needed this in our football league but came from a baseball league about half the owners participate in. we had two brothers, each with a team, one brother took over both teams without the rest of the league knowing. when the shady trades started the ownership issue came out. neither brother is in either league now, and we have never had a problem with trades in either league since.

Edited by Thunder Chicken

League voting alone (without involvement of commish) is bad news. People will vote to veto if they think one team will come out stronger. Well, duh!!! Veto power should be vested in the commish; I agree w/Satellite that a good commish will/should use it only in extreme situations.

for the most part we trust that each team is trying to improve their team

Only if the commish feels something is fishy will he comment or maybe veto a trade..

haveing the rest of the league have a say in trade is not a good idea.

As for you question, should other members have a chance to make a counter offer...no

and trades during the draft is awsome...it screws with everyones plans!!!

Only if the commish feels something is fishy will he comment or maybe veto a trade..

As for you question, should other members have a chance to make a counter offer...no

+1

agree

In the league I'm commish for, all trades are executed immediately. There is no approval process. Trades can be recalled if collusion is suspected. Trades are encouraged during the draft.