[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Observations from Falcons Bengals game

Atlanta Cracker

A couple of thoughts after watching the game last night where both first teams played pretty much the whole first half.

Dunn started and was later replaced by Norwood. Norwood looked better and should likely have a significant role even if not the starter. The rushing game was not emphasised a whole lot and doesn't look to be as strong as last year at this point.

Jenkins was targetted more than any other WR and made some good catches including a TD. Roddy White dropped a ball that hit him right in the hands in the endzone. Horn wasn't much of a factor.

Harrington does a lot better job than Vick did getting the ball to receivers and should be servicable if the defense can hold opposing teams and the O-line doesn't cause him to have to scramble.

The Falcons D blitzed a lot which was the only way they ever got pressure on Palmer. That isn't going to work as well when preseason is over and teams actually prepare for that.

If you have a RDE playing the Falcons start them. Gandy looked very old last night.

Chad Johnson owned DeAngelo hall. If he has games like that all season CJ could be the #1fantasy WR.

Rudi had some nice runs and looked quicker than I remember.

I'm tired of all the Michael Vick analysis, discussion, debate. I'll probably have to watch all the Falcons games on mute this year.

Edited by Atlanta Cracker

"I'm tired of all the Michael Vick analysis, discussion, debate. I'll probably have to watch all the Falcons games on mute this year. "

Really. Interview all the damn people at halftime. Don't keep ignoring the game.

If the WR's keep dropping throws I hope they target Horn and Crumpler more.

Edited by Randall

I'm tired of all the Michael Vick analysis, discussion, debate. I'll probably have to watch all the Falcons games on mute this year.

The entire segment with Suzy K and the head of the editorial board from the Atlanta Constipation was absolutely insufferable. I had to check my remote to make certain my girlfriend hadn't left the TV on the Lifetime channel.

I did watch most of the game on mute last night.

The entire segment with Suzy K and the head of the editorial board from the Atlanta Constipation was absolutely insufferable. I had to check my remote to make certain my girlfriend hadn't left the TV on the Lifetime channel.

I did watch most of the game on mute last night.

No kidding...that interview went on and on.... :D GET BACK TO THE FREAK'N GAME. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :D

Jenkins was targetted more than any other WR and made some good catches including a TD. Roddy White dropped a ball that hit him right in the hands in the endzone. Horn wasn't much of a factor.

I'm trying to understand why someone in my league just dropped Jenkins and picked up Roddy White this morning as soon as our waivers cleared??? :D

I'm trying to understand why someone in my league just dropped Jenkins and picked up Roddy White this morning as soon as our waivers cleared??? :D

:D That is pretty wacko.

Jenkins, a guy going undrafted in many leagues, is actually poised to have a pretty good season. He caught 7 tds on only 39 receptions. As many or more TDs as Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, Galloway, Ward, Coles. One less than Steve Smith, Colston, Walker, and Driver. I'm not saying I think Jenkins will have a season like any of those guys but Jenkins has shown a knack for the end zone.

His target/rec ratio was bad (83:39) but in Petrino's offense I can see his targets increase at least 33% to 110+. The reason:

ATL averaged <23 pass attempts per game last season. Petrino has stated that he wants between 30-35 attempts. Harrington's preseason work projects to about that many attempts per game while hovering around 60% completion. Jenkins TD totals were already pretty good so I don't see him increasing there. However consider more targets/reps and his yardage should increase considerably.

ALSO, factor in how bad the Falcons D looks to be and they could be playing from behind quite a bit.

Edited by kingfish247

Maybe he looked at the Huddle rankings. :D

I didn't see any Jenkins TDs in this game. Was I watching the wrong game?

Edited by MikesVikes

His target/rec ratio was bad (83:39) but in Petrino's offense I can see his targets increase at least 33% to 110+. The reason:

The term "target" is really loose when considering who was throwing him the ball. Vick couldn't target a pitbull using a rifle, scope and laser sight. Heck, he couldn't target a pitbull with Dirty Harry's gun and Billy the Kid shooting.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Maybe he looked at the Huddle rankings. :D

Wow, I had to go look because I didn't believe it. I wouldn't have an Atlanta WR on my roster so I haven't been paying attention. I thought 7 TDs last year vs. um, zero might give the edge to Jenkins. Had no idea they were looking at White as their #2. I would be surprised if Jenkins doesn't end up with better numbers again.

My observations are:

Palmer looked pretty good, he seemed tentative in beginning, and that might have been the terrible play calling. ONce they opened it up, guess what the whole offense got in rhythm.

Houshmanzadah sucked. He dropped about 4 balls and looked terrible, and I own him! He will be fine, but last night he stunk the place up.

I actually thought besides Rudi's first run, he was terrible! He has no agility, and there are running lanes, he is just too north and south in that offense. I cannot even imagine what a decent back with agility would do in that offense. He stinks!

Chad Johnson looked great. He owned DH, and that move on the sideline was sick!

Harrington actually showed pocket presence. Now the Bengals D are not the Ravens, but Joey looked good. I will give it to him, if he plays like that he could make some noise.

White looked good, actually made a tremendous catch out of bounds that would have been top highlight reel material, however he dropped a TD right in his arms in endzone, that would have made Harrington's numbers even better.

Jenkins looked OK, nothing great, I though White looked better!

Crumpler was targeted a good bit, and ran over a bengal and knocked him right out of game. After that he flexed to the camera and fans! It was a great play!

Overall, It was a good game and good stuff came from it. TJ better play better! This is my unbiased opinion, take it how you want.