[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft/Keeper Strategy

DSFC

I am in a 10-team league in which we can have 2 keepers but lose the draft pick in which that keeper was drafted from the prior year.

1 point for 10 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving, 25 yards passing

6 points for rushing and receiving TD, 4 points for passing TD

NO negative points for fumbles, INT's

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 Defense, 1 Kicker, 16 roster spots

I am anticipating that our league may vote to get rid of the keepers for 2008 due to turnover issues, but we may not vote until just before the draft. We will also not officially know everyone else's keepers until the draft starts.

I have the 5th draft pick in serpentine draft. I have Joseph Addai (lose 7th round) which is a no-brainer. I also have free-agent pickup Maurice Drew (would only lose 16th round pick) and Terrell Owens (lose 3rd round). Would it be advantageous to keep 1st tier receiver Owens over 3rd tier RB Drew even though I would lose a 3rd round pick (I would likely be looking at Rudi Johnson or Ronnie Brown in the 1st round)? Or keep Drew and try to get 2 tier 1 receivers in round 1 and 2? Doing the latter, I could also take a 3rd running back in the 1st round, but I would be without 2 marquee receivers (this may offer more trade bait later on however).

Under the 2 different scenarios that we may or may not have keepers for 2008, does anyone have any keeper/draft suggestions?

Thanks,

DSFC