[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown or Travis Henry

magagnon

I had the 8th pick in a 12 team league and I picked Rudy Johnson at 1.8 and Ronnie Brown at 2.5.

Travis Henry was available to me at 2.5 and I decided at the last second to choose Ronnie because I thought he would be very involved in the passing

game in Miami and I wasnt sold on Henry.

I have second thoughts now about that decision. I'm not too worried about Chatman. Ronnie is the man and the only reason Chatman gets the reps is to motivate Brown. Regarding that situation, I agree with this blog post

However i'm worried that Booker and Chatman might be more involved than I initially thought and that Brown might lose a lot of carries if he has a slow start. Cameron doesn't have to be loyal to Brown...

As unlikely as it might seems, the guy who picked Travis Henry is interested to trade for Brown. I think I just might be able to get Henry for Brown straight up. Who do you guys think, should I pull the trigger ?

1 pt / 10 yds rushing

1 pt / 10 yds receiving

3 pts bonus / 100 yards rushing or receiving

Thanks

Edited by magagnon

I would not do it. He is trying to tell you something. I have owned Denver RB's in the past and trust me by mid-way through the year it becomes a headache. You will have much more of a chance to have an RBBC in Denver than Miami. Chatman is not going to be a threat at all unless Brown gets injured. Brown has a lot of talent and Cam knows it. He will run, he will catch and IMO will be of great value for owners by the end of the year. I am not that sold and Henry I think he is a bit overrated and is a BIG injury risk.

I would not do it. He is trying to tell you something. I have owned Denver RB's in the past and trust me by mid-way through the year it becomes a headache. You will have much more of a chance to have an RBBC in Denver than Miami. Chatman is not going to be a threat at all unless Brown gets injured. Brown has a lot of talent and Cam knows it. He will run, he will catch and IMO will be of great value for owners by the end of the year. I am not that sold and Henry I think he is a bit overrated and is a BIG injury risk.

The only reason the Broncos have platooned backs is because they had Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell and Mike Bell the last couple of years. before that they NEVER platooned their backs with Shanny as coach. Shanny is not a RBBC guy. it just ended up he had to go that route. thus the reason they went out and got Henry. if Henry is healthy..he produces big time. Brown has 1900 career rushing yards...I would not be suprised at all to see Henry get close to that this season.

If he gets 1350 and 8-10 TD's that would be a great year for him.

If he stays healthy all year I expect him to get those numbers by game 13.

As you can tell I am very high on him.

To me though it is very easy to see why Henry has much more potential than Brown. look at the Bronco offense then look at Miami's. there is gonna be alot more rushing TD's to get if you are the Bronco back.

Are you sure you are not a Bronco's fan or is it becasue Tatum played for them last year and you are hoping for some good Karma? :D

I still like Brown as having the most upside this year, Henry and his 9 kids plus pre-season dings just spells trouble in my book - the kids thing is obviously an irrelevant joke - or is it?? Anyhow, I guess we'll know sooner or later.

Are you sure you are not a Bronco's fan or is it becasue Tatum played for them last year and you are hoping for some good Karma? :D

I still like Brown as having the most upside this year, Henry and his 9 kids plus pre-season dings just spells trouble in my book - the kids thing is obviously an irrelevant joke - or is it?? Anyhow, I guess we'll know sooner or later.

Nope. matter of fact I hate the Broncos. I always try and look at things objectively though no matter if they are from my team or from another.

I just don't see the scoring chances on the Dolphins. bad line, old QB who could lose his job easily and Brown despite playing in 28 games out of 30 has had lingering injuries his whole career it seems. so much so that the Dolphins are always trying to get another RB involved.

With the Broncos...Henry is the starter unless injured. most people worries are that the Broncos want to platoon and that is not at all what they plan on doing or will do.

I have Henry rated QUITE A BIT HIGHER than Brown.

Last year Miamai had 1673 rush yards and 7 rush TDs

Last year Denver had 2152 rush yards 12 rush TDs

05 Miami had 1898 rush yards and 11 TDs

05 Denver had 2539 rush yards and 25 TDs

Miami offence is closer to Clevland or Green Bay type numbers and Denver is closer to SanDiego or KC type numbers

Edited by rai

The only reason the Broncos have platooned backs is because they had Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell and Mike Bell the last couple of years. before that they NEVER platooned their backs with Shanny as coach. Shanny is not a RBBC guy. it just ended up he had to go that route. thus the reason they went out and got Henry. if Henry is healthy..he produces big time. Brown has 1900 career rushing yards...I would not be suprised at all to see Henry get close to that this season.

I agree with this. They didn't pay him a boat load of money because the felt bad for his 9 kids. They want him do be the man and I don't think this situation will be anyhing close to a RBBC.

The 'show me the money' part with Denver can't be overstated in this case. Denver has a rep for getting backs cheap and turning them into 1000 yard backs, usually a couple of them. However, they paid a lot of money for Henry. Shanny seems to be a good evaluation of RB talent and if he's put his stamp of approval on Henry, I think that may be good enough for me.

FWIW, my FIL went to a FFB event in Pittsburgh with Michael Clayton and a bunch of other writers and Clayton said that the staff feels Henry is easily the best back they've had since TD.

I have Henry rated QUITE A BIT HIGHER than Brown.

Last year Miamai had 1673 rush yards and 7 rush TDs

Last year Denver had 2152 rush yards 12 rush TDs

05 Miami had 1898 rush yards and 11 TDs

05 Denver had 2539 rush yards and 25 TDs

Miami offence is closer to Clevland or Green Bay type numbers and Denver is closer to SanDiego or KC type numbers

I disagree with your argument. Denver has a great system, i won't argue with that, but it doesnt mean Henry will be a top 10 back this year. It simply means that at the end of the year, Denver's rb's should have more than 2000 rushing yards. If Henry doesnt deliver, Shanahan will simply give the ball to somebody else and at the end of the year, they will still have one the best rushing game. St-Louis had 1805 rushing yards and 13 tds. That doesnt mean Henry should be drafted before SJax.

The passing game cannot be worsed in Miami than it was last year. They only had 402 rushing attempts last year and I expect this number to go up. Even with an average line, he still had a 4.2 ypc.

FWIW, my FIL went to a FFB event in Pittsburgh with Michael Clayton and a bunch of other writers and Clayton said that the staff feels Henry is easily the best back they've had since TD.

If they really feel he's the best back they've had since TD, why did Shanahan tried to trade for Ladell Betts after they signed Henry ?

Edited by magagnon

what? Cam hasn't even named his #1 guy yet, and you think Shanny is going to pull a 12 million dollar rug out from under Henry, who is CLEARLY the best RB on the team?

joke.

what? Cam hasn't even named his #1 guy yet, and you think Shanny is going to pull a 12 million dollar rug out from under Henry, who is CLEARLY the best RB on the team?

joke.

What Cam is going to start Chatman over Brown?? That's a Joke - I gave the guy my advice, I suggest you do the same and not leave some dumb ass snide remark.

Edited by m4m25

If Henry doesnt deliver, Shanahan will simply give the ball to somebody else and at the end of the year, they will still have one the best rushing game.

This is the key to what you need to happen for Henry to not outproduce Brown ..this is what is stopping you from taking him over Brown. and you are not thinking about the fact that anyone who runs behind that Shanny line produces. look at Portis,Drougns,Gary,Anderson..even Mike Bell and Tatum bell averaged over 4 yards per carry.none of them produced like they did in Denver after leaving. you need for Henry to not perform...and I just cannot see that happening. injury is my only concern with Henry.

I'd go with Henry over Ronnie Brown, and may do just that in tonights draft.....Ronnie had a good, not great, rookie year sharing carries with Up In Smoke Ricky....then was the MAN last year, and struggled, albeit he had a hand injury....Now they trot out 37 year old Trent Green, and the offense is that much better???/ Henry produced on the Titans team....now running behind a great O Line in Denver, with a young up and coming QB....Javon Walker....and a solid D that should alllow Henry to be on the field quite a bit......One more poor season and Ronnie could labeled a bust (was number 2 overall pick).....

I disagree with your argument. Denver has a great system, i won't argue with that, but it doesnt mean Henry will be a top 10 back this year. It simply means that at the end of the year, Denver's rb's should have more than 2000 rushing yards. If Henry doesnt deliver, Shanahan will simply give the ball to somebody else and at the end of the year, they will still have one the best rushing game.

This is true, I know a lot of people were expecting good things out of Tatum Bell last year for the same reason why I say Henry will be better that brown and it didn't happen.

BUT Henry is clearly a number one RB and is on one of the best rush teams, they have been in top 10 rush for the past 10 years.

S Jax caught 90 passes last year, that adds up to a lot of points so it's not as similar to the Miami or Denver situation.