[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Chambers on the trading block?

PaulOttCarruth

From Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Chris Chambers' name has come up in trade talks across the league in recent days.

Schefter says Reggie Williams and Michael Clayton are also being dangled by their respective franchises. Chambers has always been overrated by fans and the media, and that a receiver-weak Dolphins team would shop him just goes to make that more obvious. He might bring back a third-round pick as compensation. Williams and Clayton would likely net late-round choices.

I'm never one to defend the fish, but they did tender Welker an offer that netted a 2nd round pick. They did not exactly give him away for free.

I would agree, if they had any good WR's on their roster. Welker outperformed Chambers last year. So why not make him a good offer, instead of a tender?

From Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Chris Chambers' name has come up in trade talks across the league in recent days.

Schefter says Reggie Williams and Michael Clayton are also being dangled by their respective franchises. Chambers has always been overrated by fans and the media, and that a receiver-weak Dolphins team would shop him just goes to make that more obvious. He might bring back a third-round pick as compensation. Williams and Clayton would likely net late-round choices.

Wow, I bet there's a whole line of teams out there just waiting to acquire Reggie's services. If I was a GM, I tell the Jaguars that I would take Reggie off their hands in exchange for one of THEIR late round picks!

Edited by tomfin2000

.....he drops back.... Young throws long for Chambers.......touchdown Titans!!

........no...no...wait a second......yeah, he dropped it.........

I would agree, if they had any good WR's on their roster. Welker outperformed Chambers last year. So why not make him a good offer, instead of a tender?

Not by much

Welker was 20.9% of Miami's passing yardage last year for 687 yards.

and Chambers was 20.6% for 677 yards. What I found even more disturbing is that Booker was the most targeted and most influential member of the passing offense in Miami last year at 22.7% for 747 yards.

Green to Booker...I guess now would be a good time to see what Ginn has.

Not by much

Welker was 20.9% of Miami's passing yardage last year for 687 yards.

and Chambers was 20.6% for 677 yards. What I found even more disturbing is that Booker was the most targeted and most influential member of the passing offense in Miami last year at 22.7% for 747 yards.

Green to Booker...I guess now would be a good time to see what Ginn has.

Welker did more with less p.t.

Ginn can do it on half the contract that Welker was given + Miami gets a second round pick (not sure on the pick business). I thought Miami had other problems though - aging D, pathwork OLine.

Vikes could be an interesting situation for Chambers. Again, nothing better than a WR2 but at least there's a good D, elite OLine, and a solid run game.

Chambers isn't going anywhere - he makes too much money.

Rotoworld:

The Miami Herald reports that Chris Chambers will remain a Dolphin this season.

The paper confirms that the Dolphins did gauge league interest in the veteran, but have "no imminent plans" to trade him or cut him, despite his high salary.

The bashing of the Dolphins and new coach Cameron is off the charts. Let the man actualy coach a few games during the regular seaosn first before he gets run out of town.

Sorry, but that's just not realistic. Any receiver being thrust into a new offense a week before the season starts is NOT going to have a good year.

He played 16 games in an offense he KNEW last year...and amassed a whopping 677 yards.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt, and say he doesn't play 1 down for the first four games while learning the offense, you could plug him into Indy, NE, Philly, New Orleans, Seattle, San Fran, Arizona, Denver, or any other pass-friendly offense, and he'll blow 677 yards away in the 12 remaining games....that's only 57 yards a game, even if he only plays 12 games.

But from the post above, it doesn't sound like he is going anywhere, so i guess the point is moot.

I would list the Dolphin starting QB's from 2004 - 2006 but it's just too painful and I just had breakfast.

I got it for you FJ...keep the Frosted Flakes down brotha!

2004 -Feely, Fiedler, Rosenfels

2005- Frerotte, Rosenfels, Lemon, Feely

2006- Harrington, Culpepper, Lemon

Edited by The Wolf